"""" John Paul Jones did it 1st """""

Justfred

...............Robert needs to know that John Paul Jones was playing with Bluegrass and Folk artist years before you did with Krauss. I was wondering why you didn't seek him out to play with then or on that Krauss project . Surely John Paul Jones is a great musician,better then T Burnett IMO. And John Paul Jones still loves Hard Rock too, something you abandon years ago . I was just thinking about how he beat you to the punch. I don't really care for your Krauss project (like you care),but I do think the folk music you did with those guys Led Zeppelin was Outstanding , also that Blues stuff you did with them. Oh yeah and that Hard Rock stuff (Does anybody remember Hard Rock ) you did with them was great too. Just don't get mad a Jimmy Page if does an album with Emmylou Harris ,now that I would like to hear (Like You Care ).................

...............Robert needs to know that John Paul Jones was playing with Bluegrass and Folk artist years before you did with Krauss. I was wondering why you didn't seek him out to play with then or on that Krauss project . Surely John Paul Jones is a great musician,better then T Burnett IMO. And John Paul Jones still loves Hard Rock too, something you abandon years ago . I was just thinking about how he beat you to the punch. I don't really care for your Krauss project (like you care),but I do think the folk music you did with those guys Led Zeppelin was Outstanding , also that Blues stuff you did with them. Oh yeah and that Hard Rock stuff (Does anybody remember Hard Rock ) you did with them was great too. Just don't get mad a Jimmy Page if does an album with Emmylou Harris ,now that I would like to hear (Like You Care ).................

I'm sure Robert is well aware of what John Paul Jones has done but I don't think they're in any sort of competition. It's not about who did what first. Robert first was presented with the idea to work with Alison several years ago but both were involved with other projects which is why it didn't happen until then. I don't think it's a matter of Robert not interested in rock but he's done that and he's interested in exploring things he hasn't done before.

I'm sure Robert is well aware of what John Paul Jones has done but I don't think they're in any sort of competition. It's not about who did what first. Robert first was presented with the idea to work with Alison several years ago but both were involved with other projects which is why it didn't happen until then. I don't think it's a matter of Robert not interested in rock but he's done that and he's interested in exploring things he hasn't done before.

I sure hope then he doesn't do a hip hop album (well he almost did with Shakin and Stirred)or worse yet venture off into rap .

Really? You wondered??

I hardly call Shaken and Stirred hip hop. More techno if anything.

I've always considered it an album featuring an art form which doesn't exist yet. :D

"It was suggested that had a ten dollar bill been included under the shrinkwrap it would have sold more copies, because trying to find a chorus on that record is quite an impossibility"

--Robert Plant, Spring 1988

I've always considered it an album featuring an art form which doesn't exist yet. :D

"It was suggested that had a ten dollar bill been included under the shrinkwrap it would have sold more copies, because trying to find a chorus on that record is quite an impossibility"

--Robert Plant, Spring 1988

:lol: I dunno - I may be the cheese who stands alone but I liked the album. There are some really good cuts on it but yes, I do get what he's saying about them lacking a chorus and I know he talked a lot about Now and Zen and the writing of it going about deliberately writing songs with choruses. Shaken is not my favorite of his albums by any stretch but I respect his going out in a new direction.

sorta rocked though.

sorta rocked though.
I guess ! but Im not a fan of krauss , Ive known of her for sometime and I still never thought of buying anything of hers. As well as her fans might say the same of Plant. I like all genre's of music ,but this krauss project to me is boring.

Archived