funny stories of led zeppelin

Hots on for nowhere

i read once that once they were all in a suite together just hanging out when jimmy took his "girlfriend" into the bathroom. about 15 min. later smoke began to come up form under the door. when they opened it jimmy had managed to start a fire out of a role of toilet paper on the bathroom floor...jpj was quoted as saying "jimmy was yipping like a little girl trying to put it out"

i also read once that they would often stay at a nice place in seatle where you could fish off the deck and once while richard and bonzo were sharing a room they were lying naked girls down and puting the fishes they caught in unmentionable places...that same night they had caught so much fish they just put then in the closet and the next morning the maid opened the closet to find piles of horrible smelling fish

• 5 months later...
i read once that once they were all in a suite together just hanging out when jimmy took his "girlfriend" into the bathroom. about 15 min. later smoke began to come up form under the door. when they opened it jimmy had managed to start a fire out of a role of toilet paper on the bathroom floor...jpj was quoted as saying "jimmy was yipping like a little girl trying to put it out"

i also read once that they would often stay at a nice place in seatle where you could fish off the deck and once while richard and bonzo were sharing a room they were lying naked girls down and puting the fishes they caught in unmentionable places...that same night they had caught so much fish they just put then in the closet and the next morning the maid opened the closet to find piles of horrible smelling fish

I don't know any stories but Those stories that you posted are so funny haha lol!

There's a story from the Australian tour of 1972.

The boys were in Adelaide and anyone who has been there will know that the joint closes down about 9.00 pm or it did in those days. :rolleyes:

Anyway out of boredom the lads superglued the hotel furniture to the ceiling. :D

Chairs, tables (with crockery and cutlery stuck on too!), beds and anything else that wasn't bolted down.

You can imagine the maid walking into the suite the next morning! :o

Well, the wellknown Shark Incident....

Or The Dog Act:

Cole is stuffing a girl with fried bacon, but she still refuses to have any "interact" with him, so he convinces Bonzo do have sex with her. (She's still filled with fried bacon) Then Peter Grant comes in and dumpes a industrial size of Baked Beans over the two.

From http://www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=3459

In Memphis or Nashville, Robert got sick of police beating up the fans during shows, so he "did a Roger Daltrey swing with the mike, and hit a cop on the back of the head"

At Swan Song's launch party, they wanted to fill the pool at Four Seasons with swans, but Danny Goldberg could only find geese. The band was furious. "We all live on farms!" Robert exclaimed. "Don't you think we know the f---ing difference!?"

When Jimmy came to a Hobstweedle gig looking for Robert, he waved his hand at him & said "Are you the roadie?" Robert replied "We can't afford roadies." Jimmy said, "I'm looking for Robert Plant." Robert said "So am I."

Peter Grant once introduced himself to Bob Dylan at a party in Los Angeles. "I'm Peter Grant," he said, offering a warm handshake, "manager of Led Zeppelin." Dylan's reply? "I don't come to you with my problems, do I?" (Gotta love him...)

From http://www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=3459

When Jimmy came to a Hobstweedle gig looking for Robert, he waved his hand at him & said "Are you the roadie?" Robert replied "We can't afford roadies." Jimmy said, "I'm looking for Robert Plant." Robert said "So am I."

Good one eh

I still laugh at the thought of Peter Grant tripping and falling on Elvis's manager or something when him, Robert and Jimmy finally met Elvis.

Keep it going

Good one eh

I still laugh at the thought of Peter Grant tripping and falling on Elvis's manager or something when him, Robert and Jimmy finally met Elvis.

Keep it going

Elvis' father.

Can somebody repost the Bonzo-pooping-in-a-shoe story here, haven't read that one in ages since I gave my Stairway To Heaven book by Richard Cole to someone a mighty long time ago.

Thankee Sai in advance.

I've never even heard this story! It sounds hilarious.

Archived