funny stories of led zeppelin

Hots on for nowhere

Can somebody repost the Bonzo-pooping-in-a-shoe story here, haven't read that one in ages since I gave my Stairway To Heaven book by Richard Cole to someone a mighty long time ago.

Thankee Sai in advance.

While trying to watch TV one night during their 1971 North American tour, dear Bonzo found himself repeatedly distracted by the grunting and groaning sounds from the visitors in Richard's room. Seeking revenge, he finally found a shoe by the door, and pooped in it.

Bonham encountered the girl after their show the following night. "Remember me? You shit in my shoe," she declared. "I wanted to thank you for a wonderful night!"

That one? :D

• 3 months later...

So many stories :D

Please keep up posting, I started a thread here http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=11251 asking about stories like these, but I just might ask here too, the thing is that I'll be attempting to draw these stories like short comics... yep, it's kinda like a little project I have. I might not be quite an artist, but I think It'll be great to at least try it, I'm gonna make my own Zepp comics (since I can't affort buying any) hehehe

Thanks a lot!!!

Here's one shared to me in the other thread by Bill M.

Here's one I remember. Rather than trying to type it out from memory, I'll just copy and paste the example written on imdb.com:

In 1973 Elvis Presley met with Led Zeppelin members Robert Plant and John Paul Jones in Los Angeles. An idol to the members of Led Zeppelin, Elvis wanted to meet "who was outselling him" at concerts (Zeppelin was in the midst of a record-breaking tour that year). Plant was so awestruck at meeting his idol in person that he could barely speak to him. Jones, nearly as awestruck as Plant, made small talk with the "King," and mentioned what a beautiful watch Elvis wore. Elvis, always the generous one, instantly traded his $5,000 gold and diamond watch for Jones' $10 Mickey Mouse watch. This broke the ice with all of them, and they became fast friends. Throughout the early '70s, members of Led Zeppelin even attended a few of Elvis' concerts, and were granted the privilege of sitting in the front row by the King himself.

Please keep the stories comming!! ^_^

Well, the wellknown Shark Incident....

Or The Dog Act:

Cole is stuffing a girl with fried bacon, but she still refuses to have any "interact" with him, so he convinces Bonzo do have sex with her. (She's still filled with fried bacon) Then Peter Grant comes in and dumpes a industrial size of Baked Beans over the two.

Actually what happened was that the 'bacon and dog' act was her own act. She would lie there naked while the dog ate the bacon off her but Cole told Bonzo to do it instead.

the old beetle commercials (the car by VW) used to say that they were water proof so while zeppelin were in Greenland or Iceland i cant really remember their rent-a-car was a beetle so who i believe to be Jimmy and JPJ or Bonzo and JPJ drove it into a lake they found while they were driving around and JPJ has been quoted to say "I remember when we drove a VW into a lake to see if it was really water proof and of course i wasnt and i was just remember me screaming my brains out because i had hidden a bag of hrmphhrmph in my shoe and i didnt want it to get wet."

not exactly the funniest story but i think if you picture JPJ having a scared expression on his face while he tries his hardest not to touch water inside a cramped small car you might geta nice chuckle like i did :D

also i cant believe it...i started this such a long time ago...its good to know someone found it

i also read once that they would often stay at a nice place in seatle where you could fish off the deck and once while richard and bonzo were sharing a room they were lying naked girls down and puting the fishes they caught in unmentionable places...that same night they had caught so much fish they just put then in the closet and the next morning the maid opened the closet to find piles of horrible smelling fish
What's interesting is when you read it sounds more like sort of an "urban legend", here's a, well, more accurate narration of that episode by a number of sources ... Fishy

Look for redeyedrichard's artistic version of an incident in "Captions" thread.

Oh and actually after reading that all I actually wasn't laughting, may be I'm too dumb for Richard Cole's sense of humour :huh: Never mind me, anyway...

What's interesting is when you read it sounds more like sort of an "urban legend", here's a, well, more accurate narration of that episode by a number of sources ... Fishy

Look for redeyedrichard's artistic version of an incident in "Captions" thread.

Oh and actually after reading that all I actually wasn't laughting, may be I'm too dumb for Richard Cole's sense of humour :huh: Never mind me, anyway...

Take Davis' quote "Led Zeppelin then proceeded to stuff pieces of shark into her mouth and rectum" This is precisely why Hammer of the Gods is a trash novel.

It was Richard Cole. Bonzo was the only band member in the room, and merely an observer. The rest of the audience consisted of members of Vanilla Fudge. But thanks to accounts like Davis', it will always be "Led Zeppelin's Shark Incident". It wasn't even a shark! :slapface:

They were red snapper I beleive because they didn't know what else to do with them. According to Richard Cole the girl requested to be tied up looking for a fun time and got a little more than she bargained for.

• 4 weeks later...

Angela Bowie (David's ex) supposedly wrote in her biography that Jimmy showed up so stoned to a party she was throwing that she had him and some other stoned chick handcuffed togther behind a leg of the bathroom sink in case either needed to vomit (or something like that).

:burp:

Angela Bowie (David's ex) supposedly wrote in her biography that Jimmy showed up so stoned to a party she was throwing that she had him and some other stoned chick handcuffed togther behind a leg of the bathroom sink in case either needed to vomit (or something like that).

:burp:

:lol::huh::o

where have you heard it?! lol! :wacko::hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite Zep story is when they were touring in Japan and Bonzo and Richard Cole bought swords from the gift shop. They were in the Hilton hotel and they got em in the gift shop, and then they chopped up all the furniture in JPJ's room. duel.gif i'm not sure if its true but I also heard they were never allowed in any Hilton's ever again!

hysterical.gif

I have read that, when Robert left his home at 17 because his family didn't approve his career as singer, he went to live with Bonzo and his family for some months.

I know that often, when Plant was playing with himself (can you understand me? ;)), Bohnam's mum came back home and heard percy's moans and shouts...so Bonzo started to cry :"hey, Robert, stop it!!! stop it!!!!!"

:lol: what a shame!!! :bagoverhead:

Archived