Jimmy rejects LZ Hollywood WOF Star petition

zeptangerine

Awhile back someone posted an interview with -jack white and he said things about how -page and led zep did things their own way. Things we know as fans, like their relationship with the media and artwork with the albums...led zep four, having no mention of led zeppelin. I think he said it was sort of a punk rock approach.

With marketing and use of the band name, i think its cool to keep it in the realm of music.

Well put. I've certainly noticed this approach as being an enormous fan of theirs over the years. It's never seemed to hurt them.

With marketing and use of the band name, i think its cool to keep it in the realm of music.

...Until they start to market toys of the band members in the shape of PEZ dispensers, and make a movie similar to KISS Meets Phantom of the Park...now there's the limit, Star Child!

KISS-meeting_people_at_the_Park.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Here's an interesting twist to the Led Zeppelin Walk of Fame petition fervor: apparently, Jimmy says thanks but no thanks to the petition and the possibility.

I have to wonder why this response doesn't say the reason, so now I'm left wondering why not.

Blabbermouth

Rocky's Petition Site

Because he is probably finally taking some responsibility for his actions

Wasn't there only the request for approval at this point in time anyhow?

Would he even have to be there?

Yes, being there is one of the requirements.

The criteria for receiving a star consists of the following: professional achievement, longevity of five years or more, contributions to the community and the guarantee that the celebrity will attend the dedication ceremony if selected.

http://www.hollywoodchamber.net/icons/nomination.asp

• 6 years later...

Let's not forget, it's actually costs money every year to keep that Star on the street. Major Kudos to Page for turning this down. Hollywood should be on their knees worshiping their feet...haha

• 2 weeks later...

Archived