Is Led Zeppelin Your Favorite Band?

Rocked01

Is Led Zeppelin Your Favorite Band?  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Are they in your top 5, the best ever, or are you here to trash them for no reason?

• Yeah they're the best!
    • They're in my top 5.
    • They're okay.
    • No I'm just here to trash them.
    • Zeppa Who?

I can't decide if i love Zep better or Metallica so it's a tie..and that makes them my top 5 band.

I tell you what though.

This forum is so much nicer then Metallica's.

The people there are just plain idiots.

If I read one more thread over there about clipping.... :slapface:

Funny how Pink Floyd are always mentioned when discussing *best of band* lists - especially amongst the Brits.

Whilst I am an admirer of some Floyd stuff - they aren't in the same league as Zeppelin.

They're not even in the same sport.

Led Zeppelin are my favourite band - can't even think of who would be second right now

caroselambra+

Funny how Pink Floyd are always mentioned when discussing *best of band* lists - especially amongst the Brits.

Whilst I am an admirer of some Floyd stuff - they aren't in the same league as Zeppelin.

They're not even in the same sport.

Led Zeppelin are my favourite band - can't even think of who would be second right now

caroselambra+

Well Floyd and Zep were so totally different style wise it's hard to compare them beyond the fact they were popular around the same time.

Top 10ish for me. Was a I time when I bled Led Zep and in many ways they are directly responsible for me expanding my musical journey. The time I spent exploring the music of LZ made me hungry for more and from there I found other sounds that mean a lot to me as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Who the heck voted "They're OK"??.. *eyes everyone suspiciously*

I love Led Zeppelin... they've opened my eyes to the limitless possibilities of musical creativity.. They're my top band. Easily. That being said, I'm going to have to annoy some people and say Pink Floyd takes the second spot, although I consider them to be completely different and at a whole 'nother level than LZ. :unsure::D

Top 5. #1 is Pink Floyd, most likely for life.

My top 5 is actually too bizarre to post, but LZ holds a steady place there. As opposed to, say, Queen, who soared to the very top just a couple of years ago, stayed briefly and then crashed down lower than even its old position, so now it's below 5.

But let me say something, folks. Even those who'd list them lower, like in top 10 or even 20 have every right to be here and post. Haters are annoying and I'd rather not welcome them... But those who care enough about LZ so as to have them somewhere on the periphery of interest still do care. The Forum is more likely to benefit from some variety than from complete conformity. :P

But let me say something, folks. Even those who'd list them lower, like in top 10 or even 20 have every right to be here and post. Haters are annoying and I'd rather not welcome them... But those who care enough about LZ so as to have them somewhere on the periphery of interest still do care. The Forum is more likely to benefit from some variety than from complete conformity. :P

Very good point.

• 2 weeks later...
Top 5. #1 is Pink Floyd, most likely for life.

Me also. Tho I was a major Zephead in my teens, I believe eventually I burned myself out on them. That's not to say that I don't still play them, I'm just much heavier into the Floyd since out of my teen years. But who doesn't still enjoy a good shot of Plant&Page?? Urrrgg my 9 year old daughter loves Slash and Plant... I'm afraid...

Archived