What Are You Reading?

Chicken

Hey AllisonAdler, what were you reading again about King Arthur and...Celtic legend, I think it was? I really wanted to read that, but with this darn site change and everything, I can't go and see what it was exactly. Thanks!

I am now finally at last reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and I am soooo loving it so far! Right up my alley - Norse myth, snarky humor, social commentary...rock on!

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

The Book Theif - Markus Zusak

Twilight - Stephenie Myers

This is Your Brain on Music - Daniel Levitin

Do you like The Book Theif? I loved it!

I have a pile of books that I need to start on... :unsure:

I think I'm going to do so this week.

Another old mainstay!

I am reading this:

475088.jpg

But I'm gonna have finished it in the next couple of days...I can't decide what to read next!

I bought quite a lot of new books the other week.

That looks cool! I'm reading Frances Yates' The Art of Memory and Randall Styers' Making Magic. Both excellent. I've also finally forced myself to start re-reading The White Goddess now that I've managed to read everything Graves read before he wrote it. It is far more useful now, so at least it was all time well spent.

Oh, and Footsteps of Dawn : it was Roger Loomis' Celtic Myth and Arthurian Romance that I was reading. It is a classic and deservedly so!

Edited by AllisonAdler

Just finished The Lovely Bones. It was getting good, until the end, which completely ruined the whole thing.

That's what I thought of that book.

It started off brilliant but just went really downhill towards the end.

Such a shame.

The White Spider.

Heinrich Harrer.

About the first ascent of the north face of the Eiger of which harrer was one of the four. He later became famous for writing Seven Years in Tibet.

Just finished the Alice Cooper book about golf. Funny how you can 'go off' your heroes. He just comes across as an arragant name dropper. Its disgusting the way he refers the original band as if they were just his backing group. Even 33 years after they split, 90% of his live show is made up of tunes penned by Bruce, Buxton, Dunaway and Smith which has to tell you something.

Stairway To Heaven

Currently reading The Stairway to Heaven, nearing the end.

I read that a couple years ago. Fast read, I thought. Interesting to hear a familiar story in the form of Richard Cole's autobiography (surely ghost-written) :)

I'm skipping around in this book,

Weiner, Michael (editor) (1997) Japan's Minorities: The Illusion of Homogeneity,

New York / London: Routledge

51CC8ZMSGAL._SS500_.jpg

I read that a couple years ago. Fast read, I thought. Interesting to hear a familiar story in the form of Richard Cole's autobiography (surely ghost-written) :)

Yep, the "uncensored" version I'm reading says "Richard Cole with Richard Trubo", so I'm sure Trubo did the actual writing.

The one you're reading and the 2 Northern Monkey mentioned sound good, will check them out.

That's what I thought of that book.

It started off brilliant but just went really downhill towards the end.

Such a shame.

I don't remember the ending. I loved that book, though. I reade it about five years ago.

its really good. i have to read great expectations first though cos its due before the book theif project is.

We're reading that book in class at my junior high school. It's an out-loud read, but the kis are digging it. :D

I read it this summer for hte first time. I think it's a book I can read again and again.

Edited by manderlyh

I'm working my way through the complete works on Sherlock Holmes when work is slow.

The man has style.

And superpowers.

I love it.

I love Sherlock Holmes. :) :)

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows forthe 3rd time. And then I wanna move on to Crime And Punishment.

We're reading that book in class at my junior high school. It's an out-loud read, but the kis are digging it. :D

are you talking about great expectations or the book theif? because if its great expectations…you have interesting kids! i thought it was one of the most boring books ive ever read! but the book theif is great :thumbsup: i read a little more than 200 pages in it today! :cheer: