What The Famous Say About Led Zeppelin

SuperDave

I'm not sure if this really relates to this topic, butttt I'm a huge That 70's Show fan and I think the creators of the show must be as well. I say this because just this morning I went to watch my season 5 dvd of the show, and realized that the title of each episode on season 5 is the name of a Led Zeppelin song; the description on the back of the DVD pretty much combines a bunch of Zeppelin's songs to form a description. And Hyde is constantly wearing Zeppelin shirts :) Just thought I'd share that lol.

I am absolutely sure bieber does not listen to led zeppelin...one of my freinds is a beiber addict, gets all the crappy bieber magazines, and it says nothing about him liking led zeppelin :P Ive always wanted to put on black sabbaths mob rules album and blast it right to biebr. I love that album....

Meh, my same friend is also obsessed with Twilight, and she says kristin likes all sots of music..she even likes music from the 40s..blach.

i read somewhere that Justin Bieber yes Justin Bieber listen to bands like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath and Kesha the singer who sing "Tik Tok" she is so horrible idk why she is on top of the charts anyways, she said in an article that someone mistaken her as Robert Plant thank the person because she said it was a good compliment. dry.gif I'm shock these young stars know who Led Zeppelin is. Even Kristen Stewart who plays Bella from the Twilight series loves Led Zeppelin it's cool she likes them but i can not stand Twilight it's everywhere and it's irritating my nerve cells real talk lol.

John Lennon on Led Zeppelin

It’s from a Lennon interview with the Hit Parader in 1970. Here are the question and answer:

Q: “Do you think in terms of feelings? Do you think of music, popular music, in terms of emotional reaction as opposed to saying something…”

JOHN: “I think in any of those terms. You know, I just think it’s either something I like or don’t like or it’s heavy or it’s light. I like heavy music, I call it rock. I like Zeppelin, I’ve only heard a couple you know, they’re okay.

http://livingtext.wordpress.com/2007/09/15/john-lennon-on-led-zepplin/

John Lennon on Led Zeppelin

It’s from a Lennon interview with the Hit Parader in 1970. Here are the question and answer:

Q: “Do you think in terms of feelings? Do you think of music, popular music, in terms of emotional reaction as opposed to saying something…”

JOHN: “I think in any of those terms. You know, I just think it’s either something I like or don’t like or it’s heavy or it’s light. I like heavy music, I call it rock. I like Zeppelin, I’ve only heard a couple you know, they’re okay.

http://livingtext.wordpress.com/2007/09/15/john-lennon-on-led-zepplin/

That's cool. I always thought Zeppelin would have appealed (at least a little) to Lennon. And they surely did to Harrison a bit, too...

That's cool. I always thought Zeppelin would have appealed (at least a little) to Lennon. And they surely did to Harrison a bit, too...

I know George was there in L.A. in '73 for Bonzo's 25th birthday. Known on the bootleg on May 31st as "Bonzo's Birthday Party", when Robert sang "Happy Birthday" to him during the show. I believe during the after party at the Continental Hyatt House that Bonzo through George Harrison into the hotel pool.

I'm not sure if this really relates to this topic, butttt I'm a huge That 70's Show fan and I think the creators of the show must be as well. I say this because just this morning I went to watch my season 5 dvd of the show, and realized that the title of each episode on season 5 is the name of a Led Zeppelin song; the description on the back of the DVD pretty much combines a bunch of Zeppelin's songs to form a description. And Hyde is constantly wearing Zeppelin shirts :) Just thought I'd share that lol.

Sorry I meant "I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan and I think the creators of That 70s show must be as well." Just clearing that up lol I kind of messed it up in my first postt.

Steven Tyler, from the biography of Aerosmith: Walk This Way.

"I cried twice by Led Zeppelin. The first was in the middle of" Dazed and Confused. "It was cool, the climax. Led Zeppelin was like good sex, but so strong it made me cry. The other time happened an hour after the show, when Jimmy Page left the dressing room with a beautiful woman. I would have been very impressed, this woman was not my girlfriend at the time, Lynn Collins, with whom I lived together. And I had a great visual of my clothes being tossed out the window in the 21st Street. "

Roger Waters sounds a bit jealous.

He's also good friends with Eric Clapton, plus the members of PF were around before LZ... asking anyone who was already recording about how they feel about LZ, is going to have a different response, then say Lady Gaga or Pink, both of which have covered Zep.

Edited by dalsh327

"So Jeff, what are you main musical influences?" Jeff (after a long pause): "Love, anger, depression, joy and dreams. ...And Zeppelin. Totally." - Jeff Buckley

"Those who influenced me were DEEP PURPLE, LED ZEPPELIN - mainly English bands of that era, but especially PURPLE and ZEPPELIN. That's what made me want to do this more and more, and more, because the first band I was in back then, ELF, were much more a kind of honky tonk rock 'n' roll band, but I always wanted to be able to play heavier music. I loved their musicianship - I thought they were the best musicians on Earth! - those were the people I really cared about when I was into this kind of music." - Ronnie James Dio

Oprah: You're obviously a Stevie (Wonder) admirer. Who else did you listen to growing up? Alicia Keys: Curtis Mayfield, Sly and the Family Stone, Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald. Nirvana and Led Zeppelin.

I am really grossly offended by Led Zeppelin..." -Elvis Costello '86 (but prob. a fan of Robert's solo catalog...)

I am really grossly offended by Led Zeppelin..." -Elvis Costello '86 (but prob. a fan of Robert's solo catalog...)

There's no telling. Costello may have even changed his viewpoint since then. Back in those days he made a quite a few comments that he later regretted (including the infamous James Brown/Ray Charles episode involving Bonnie Bramlett). From his angry punk days (circa SNL) I would have never guessed he was an avid Deadhead. This was confirmed with his contribution (Ship of Fools) to the Grateful Dead tribute record, Deadicated.

There's no telling. Costello may have even changed his viewpoint since then. Back in those days he made a quite a few comments that he later regretted (including the infamous James Brown/Ray Charles episode involving Bonnie Bramlett). From his angry punk days (circa SNL) I would have never guessed he was an avid Deadhead. This was confirmed with his contribution (Ship of Fools) to the Grateful Dead tribute record, Deadicated.

A lot of artists part of the new punk movement went against bands such as Zeppelin, no matter how they really felt. It was what they had to do to fin in with the thing. Probably, the reason Plant kept on mentioning during their shows in 1980 and referring themselves as dinosaurs. Although, that was probably sort of tongue and cheek.

• 3 weeks later...

Many of us know here that former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is a pretty big Led Zeppelin fan. In an interview from USA today she says this: "One of my favorite songs is Led Zeppelin's Black Dog,". Not much about Zep there, as most of the interview is about her memoir.

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2010-10-12-rice12_CV_N.htm?csp=hf

Edited by SuperDave

"So Jeff, what are you main musical influences?" Jeff (after a long pause): "Love, anger, depression, joy and dreams. ...And Zeppelin. Totally." - Jeff Buckley

"Those who influenced me were DEEP PURPLE, LED ZEPPELIN - mainly English bands of that era, but especially PURPLE and ZEPPELIN. That's what made me want to do this more and more, and more, because the first band I was in back then, ELF, were much more a kind of honky tonk rock 'n' roll band, but I always wanted to be able to play heavier music. I loved their musicianship - I thought they were the best musicians on Earth! - those were the people I really cared about when I was into this kind of music." - Ronnie James Dio

Oprah: You're obviously a Stevie (Wonder) admirer. Who else did you listen to growing up? Alicia Keys: Curtis Mayfield, Sly and the Family Stone, Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald. Nirvana and Led Zeppelin.

Alicia Keys listen to Zepp? and by the way wtf @ Elvis Costello it's okay his statement doesn't matter to me i don't listen to his music anyways :rolleyes:

Alicia Keys listen to Zepp?

Why does that surprise you? Just because she's known as an R&B singer doesn't mean she can't listen to blues rock. Led Zeppelin encompassed a lot of different genres of music within their own catalog so why can't their fans be diverse as well?

Why does that surprise you? Just because she's known as an R&B singer doesn't mean she can't listen to blues rock. Led Zeppelin encompassed a lot of different genres of music within their own catalog so why can't their fans be diverse as well?

No, it's not that i'm shock i'm a fan of Alicia Keys i love her music i'm so ashamed of myself i just find out awhile ago lol it's awesome she loves them i knew Stevie Wonder and Prince were her idols i never thought she heard of Led Zeppelin. I need to stop stereotyping today's artists out there sometimes it do suprises me if someone in the hip hop industry or the mainsteam top 40 industry know about Led Zeppelin. You would think they would say people like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, etc. influence them i know Zeppelin influenced alot of artists from pop to r&b to country to jazz not just the rock n roll genre.

led zeppelin is the best thing what happened to rock musik , and i thank for every album of the greatest band of all times

if i realize all this different artists who are influenced by zep then to me it is so clear that they are THE top band of all times .

Certainly Zeppelin, Elvis, The Beatles and Bob Dylan.

Edited by SuperDave

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with that at all...it's all good.

Hey-Up,

I agree, nothing wrong with "Chad" or Nickleback liking/loving Led Zeppelin.

I must say that "Nickleback" are probably the Best ......WOW, hold on,

Nickleback are the Second Best Export out of Canada, as the First has to be,

Miss/Ms/Mrs/?? Pamela Anderson, she really is the best thing to come out of

the "Maple Leaf" country.

All the best,

Hang-man :ph34r:

Hey-Up,

I agree, nothing wrong with "Chad" or Nickleback liking/loving Led Zeppelin.

I must say that "Nickleback" are probably the Best ......WOW, hold on,

Nickleback are the Second Best Export out of Canada, as the First has to be,

Miss/Ms/Mrs/?? Pamela Anderson, she really is the best thing to come out of

the "Maple Leaf" country.

All the best,

Hang-man :ph34r:

Nickelback doesn't even enter the picture when considering Canada's greatest musical exports especially when you have folks like Neil Young and Joni Mitchell to contend with. As for Pamela Anderson, the photo below is proof positive that she should have left well enough alone when it came to plastic surgery. She looked fine to start with. Now, she's looks like a fucking mutant. Someone may find that attractive but I sure as hell don't.

2.jpg

Edited by Jahfin

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I visited our daughter at Indiana University three weeks ago. One of our daughter's college courses is exclusively about The Beatles. Todd Rundgren was brought in to give a lecture about the Beatles influence on his music and societal shifts. He was great, very funny and entertaining. I had forewarned my family that if Zeppelin or Page were mentioned he was going to rip them. I had informed them about the Bebe Buell affair and Todd's dislike of Jimmy. Even though he gladly warmed them up at the 1979 Knebworth shows. As the Q+A session progressed an audience member commented about what a rip off band Led Zeppelin were, at that moment Todd began to call Jimmy " the most over-rated and shoddiest guitarists he's ever heard!" He later contradicted himself when he exclaimed what a great guitarist John Lnnon was because he was so crude and raw as a player. Steal a guy's main squeeze and he'll never forget it.