What The Famous Say About Led Zeppelin

SuperDave

Ted Nugent in "Superstar Facts & Pix No. 25 - The Complete History Of Led Zeppelin & Current Metal Kings" 1991:

"Hey Zep made rock'n'roll history. Musically? Mostly good. Otherwise, mostly bad.The first LP is classic. It's got soul. It's got attitude. And it's got musical integrity & tenacity that dwarfs nearly all others. The soul & class came from Bonham & Jones, the rhythm section extrodinaire. The attitude was mostly Plant's spit, and the bombast was the guitar masterpieces of Page. I first met JP in '67 on the last Yardbirds tour. That and subsequent meetings, six total I believe, confirmed in my mind that this was a hippie of the lowest caliber. Though today, far from those slobbering encounters, I still whip out the occasional 'Whole Lotta Love' lick, but still have zero respect from the man as a human being. Does it matter? No.

Ultimately, his stupidity taught me valuable lessons. Thanks for the cool licks, Jim, and the lessons. Wipe your chin"

IMO he has always been a COMPLETE IDIOT!!! Never did like him.

Ted Nugent in "Superstar Facts & Pix No. 25 - The Complete History Of Led Zeppelin & Current Metal Kings" 1991:

"Hey Zep made rock'n'roll history. Musically? Mostly good. Otherwise, mostly bad.The first LP is classic. It's got soul. It's got attitude. And it's got musical integrity & tenacity that dwarfs nearly all others. The soul & class came from Bonham & Jones, the rhythm section extrodinaire. The attitude was mostly Plant's spit, and the bombast was the guitar masterpieces of Page. I first met JP in '67 on the last Yardbirds tour. That and subsequent meetings, six total I believe, confirmed in my mind that this was a hippie of the lowest caliber. Though today, far from those slobbering encounters, I still whip out the occasional 'Whole Lotta Love' lick, but still have zero respect from the man as a human being. Does it matter? No.

Ultimately, his stupidity taught me valuable lessons. Thanks for the cool licks, Jim, and the lessons. Wipe your chin"

Huh. Interesting.

:peace:,

Jo

IMO he has always been a COMPLETE IDIOT!!! Never did like him.

Why? Was it something he said? He praised Zeppelin's music as being "classic", as having "soul", "integrity", "attitude", & "class". What's with the hatin' on the Nuge, Deborah J?

:P I'm just busting chops. Well Im certainly not a fan of his musically or personally but at least I give it to him that he can seperate his personal dislikes of Page from Zeppelin's music.

And to think I haven't even posted any of Keith Richards lovely opinions yet. A pleasure yet to come

Why? Was it something he said? He praised Zeppelin's music as being "classic", as having "soul", "integrity", "attitude", & "class". What's with the hatin' on the Nuge, Deborah J?

:P I'm just busting chops. Well Im certainly not a fan of his musically or personally but at least I give it to him that he can seperate his personal dislikes of Page from Zeppelin's music.

And to think I haven't even posted any of Keith Richards lovely opinions yet. A pleasure yet to come

hello kakdaddy...LOL-- he can't even touch the hem of Jimmy's pants musically...and I just have never liked his music or him. This is just my opinion!!! :-)

Yeah, I'm not really disputing the medical accuracy of the statement, it's more a. the bland phrasing and b. claiming that Rock'n'Roll died on that day? It's just a completely meaningless quote!

I wouldn't say that rock 'n' roll has ever died, but certainly by 1978 rolled around (I know John Henry passed in 1980), it all seemed to have climaxed, as the creative peak that began in the mid-1950s with guys like Ike Turner & Little Richard, as well as the relatively unknown country singers AMPED to the tits on amphetamines doing fast versions of their music that would morph into what is known today as "rockabilly." Rock music would become more creative each and every year (with maybe the early 1960s being a dry period). Otherwise, rock music got better each year. Up until the end of 1977 did rock start to sputter and repeat itself. Even punk rock had its apex by then. Oh sure, there are still rock masterpieces still being created, but the past 30 years or so, they've seem few and far between. But that's just my opinion, man.

Edited by dpat

I wouldn't say that rock 'n' roll has ever died, but certainly by 1978 rolled around (I know John Henry passed in 1980), it all seemed to have climaxed, as the creative peak that began in the mid-1950s with guys like Ike Turner & Little Richard, as well as the relatively unknown country singers AMPED to the tits on amphetamines doing fast versions of their music that would morph into what is known today as "rockabilly." Rock music would become more creative each and every year (with maybe the early 1960s being a dry period). Otherwise, rock music got better each year. Up until the end of 1977 did rock start to sputter and repeat itself. Even punk rock had its apex by then. Oh sure, there are still rock masterpieces still being created, but the past 30 years or so, they've seem few and far between. But that's just my opinion, man.

dpat-your not the only one!!This is hilarious!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApaLrhTexK0

That and subsequent meetings, six total I believe, confirmed in my mind that this was a hippie of the lowest caliber. ..., but still have zero respect from the man as a human being. Does it matter? No.

Wow, those are such strong words. :blink: What could possibly have transpired to be that much of a hater of JP personally?

I hate to chalk it up to jealousy...but what else is there?

Wow, those are such strong words. :blink: What could possibly have transpired to be that much of a hater of JP personally?

Ted Nugent is anti-drugs, anti-alcohol, anti-nicotine, & anti quite a few other things. He loathes, absolutely loathes being in the presence of people on substances & when he used the terms "slobbering encounters" & "wipe your chin" Im assuming he meant Page was less than sober.

Ted Nugents one admitted vice is underaged girls. Maybe Jimmy Page wouldn't give the Nuge Lori Maddox's phone number when he was done, who knows.

• 2 months later...

I think that Ted Nugent was (is) jealous of Jimmy Page and his and Led Zeppelin's success (and heavy influence). We all know that Led Zeppelin pretty much dominated the decade of the 1970's. Ted had a pretty good run during the mid to late '70's also. However, I sort of remember watching a "Behind the Music" or something like that on Ted Nugent and hearing that Ted got royally screwed out of his royalties by his own managers, accountants and lawyers. From what I remember seeing on that show was those close to him embezzeled millions of dollars from him and got away with it.

The reason I bring this up is because, whatever "state" Jimmy Page was in during this point in time (late 1970's), at least Jimmy never let anybody take advantage of him from a financial point of view (thanks to people like Peter Grant). If Ted Nugent claims to have never taken a drug or drink ever, than I think he must not be too smart or "business savvy" to let his own people to take advantage and rip him off like "his" people did.

Obviously this is JEALOUSY. He could NEVER be as good as Jimmy. NEVER!!!!!! Wipe your freakin' ugly mouth Nugent..

I hate rednecks who go around just hating anything that is new or unconventional to them(Ted Nugent). They're the ones who give the south a bad rep. Don't get me wrong: I'm fine with hicks as long as they keep to their NASCAR and stay away from my Jimmy Page.

Roger Taylor(Queen):"I love Led Zeppelin, they were four prodigiously talented musicians.The magical combination of Jimmy Page and Robert Plant underpinned by the best rythm section,John Paul Jones on bass and the best rock n'roll drummer in the world,John Bonham."