Who would be a good Plant replacement?

Since Page, Jones and Bonham Jr have decided to have a go at it w/o Plant. WHo do you think would be able to fill his shoes?

Terry Reid would be my first choice. Although, I don't know how his voice has held up

Ian Gillan's voice sounds as great as it ever did. I think he would work well.

I see, anger and sarcasm. You fellows know how to make a new member feel welcome.

Sorry, I couldn't find a similar thread. Feel free to delete this one if it angers you this much.

Yes I see it too. I was welcomed the same way as a newbie.

Fuck-um. They get off on this sort of thing. :hippy:

Since Page, Jones and Bonham Jr have decided to have a go at it w/o Plant. WHo do you think would be able to fill his shoes?

Terry Reid would be my first choice. Although, I don't know how his voice has held up

Ian Gillan's voice sounds as great as it ever did. I think he would work well.

I would love to see terry get the job!

I see, anger and sarcasm. You fellows know how to make a new member feel welcome.

Sorry, I couldn't find a similar thread. Feel free to delete this one if it angers you this much.

Couldn't see any anger there myself. Words are flat on a screen - you interpret the emotion yourself.

Why not take a good look around the forum and read some threads and get to know the place? That always helps before you start a thread.

Yeah Daisy May - its plain to see all kinds of people get off on all kinds of things around here.

There is only one man on the planet who could come close to subbing for Plant. He has the perfect voice to cover any Led Zep song:

David Coverdale

Remember the album Coverdale/Page? Coverdale can sound Exactly like Plant. He's the ONE!

I'm about to find out... on November 9 in LA.

I'm in the mood to be brutally honest about the situation... and don't get me wrong, I LOVE Terry's voice - the way he sounded in 1966-69. Liquid fire, spellbinding, so good it's scary. I understand perfectly what Jimmy was after in 1968 - plus he saw Terry's legendary live performances.... yes, that teenager was a handful back in the day, and sinfully gorgeous. Jimmy was no fool let me assure you...

Now might be a different story altogether. Fans who attended his latest gigs insist that "the voice is still there in all its glory" but from the recordings that I heard... I beg to differ. Sadly. May be it's because he smokes like a chimney, always did. And I can hear the 45+ years of smoking in that voice. Never a good thing for a vocalist.

No - I think his voice is completely different.

I also don't think he'd touch the job with a bargepole.

So is Steven Tyler or anyone elses' for that matter. The point being, Logan's in the family and he can hit the high notes; he'd sound great on Stairway and Immigrant Song. Here's his band on YouTube. He sounds excellent.

Logan Plant: Sons of Albion Seven Seals

Archived