Who would be a good Plant replacement?

Thanks for giving him a chance; I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

:coffee:

I know very well that he is not interested, and actually wouldn't appreciate being suggested for it.

He appreciates people who respect him and his talents as an individual, not because of who his Dad is.

:flyakite:

I know very well that he is not interested, and actually wouldn't appreciate being suggested for it.

He appreciates people who respect him and his talents as an individual, not because of who his Dad is.

I totally get that. Why would he want to be compaired to his father? He's into his own thing and very happy with it...his music is from HIS heart....not from the past.

Now what we COULD compare positively are those beautiful little tushes they both have :lol:

no one (repeat: no one) can replace Robert Plant.

There's only one Robert Plant. :)

Now, if there was another thread (like we have had quite a few of, then well, I've already stated my approval of Myles Kennedy if they were to do another project (not called Led Zeppelin)... , but, perhaps something named like, The Mothership, then I'd be a fan of that. :fan:

In that case, he would not be a replacement, but a new collaborating partner that JP, JPJ and Jason would be working with. :D

R B)

Daniel Gildenlow

Steven Tyler would not be suitable. I think Tyler is great at what he does and a good singer, just not right for LZ. I don't think that Alterbridge boy would be right either - also a good singer in his own right.

Daniel has the right voice and I think would make a very good replacement for Robert Plant.

Just my two cents...

Unlike IMHO other Zep offspring.

Whoever does it will have to have some serious cojones. Can you imagine trying to follow Robert Plant??

I know they don't want a Robert look-alike or sound-alike -- that's not what I mean. I just mean anyone singing with the Js is probably going to be compared to Robert nonetheless.

Replacement...

I reckon anyone but a Plant clone...that would just be a tribute band...and I am sure the boys in Zeppelin would agree.

Get someone who sings the songs with a passion, and a heart...a bit like Paul Rodgers with the current Queen set up...but hey, who knows!!

So who would that leave us with...not sure, but whoever has big boots to fill...and I am sure REAL Zeppelin fans won't crucify the poor sod whoever he is!!

Chris Cornell

Cornell, there's no better choice. :D If it must be a four-piece, and if what Jimmy wants (practicing with Myles Kennedy says so) is a bluesy grunge singer with a strong folk sensibility, the singer at the forefront of grunge is the man for the job.

(Realizing of course that Mark Lannegan from the Screaming Trees would probably get buried in any Led Zeppelin mix, though he'd be a good choice as well.)

There is one person I think could step in and it would be for "musical" talent only. This would also serve to show everyone they are not trying to and cannot replace Plant.

Anne Wilson

I just saw Heart live last month and WOW can she still belt out Zeppelin with passion.

Since Page, Jones and Bonham Jr have decided to have a go at it w/o Plant. WHo do you think would be able to fill his shoes?

Terry Reid would be my first choice. Although, I don't know how his voice has held up

Ian Gillan's voice sounds as great as it ever did. I think he would work well.

Have Matellica open, Have Gwen Stapahnie sing for Zeppelin...you will then have all the ingrediants for a rock orgy. Matellica attracts 90% beer guzzling guys, Gwen Staphanie attracts 90% beer guzzling women. Allow room for movement.

It would be a huge error to have a zep tour, simply to boost the career of a mid-level singer.

Without Robert singing on the tour, "all the dynamics" change completely. It simply won't be the same without him. Going to loose a lot of value.

They should just be an instrumental band.

I agree with this in that Zeppelin is about the music itself. And what better to hear than ripping zep scales and thundering drum beats all night.

The only problem with that is it greatly minimizes the overall effect of the tour. And reduces the value of the tour to a select small following.

They should blow the doors off it. If Plant decides for what ever personal reasons not to participate...then the rest of the band need's to make it even bigger than it would have been with Plant.

They should choose a singer, who's mere utterence of their name will make people spill their coffee in astonishment. That too will help build the anticipation.

Madonna. Mariah Carrie, Janet Jackson....just ideas...but along those lines.

Archived