Led Zeppelin "tattoos"

Hang-man

I think all the zep tats i've seen so far are awesome! Mine, not so good. I had an "indian ink" tattoo made when i was 14 or 15. I believe this was sometime in the summer of '78. My best friend and I got our tats at the same time. I simply wanted my tat to say "ZEP" on my right upper shoulder, facing out. My tat guy started with the sewing needle...it was so painful, even with the kool-aide and everclear we were drinking! I had the top of the "Z" completed and could take no more. I had him change the location to my right forearm, where it has resided for almost 30 years! It simply says "Zep".

My father, who was a career St. Louis policeman, took me on a drive to a local tatoo shop. We pulled up front and he said, "Go in there and see how much they want to take it off". For the first (and probaly only) time I refused him, expaining, "It hurt too much to have it put on" He drove off in a huff and never struck me (unusual in itself) or never mentioned it again. I have never regretted my actions regarding my zep tat. My stepmom at the time said something to the effect of, "This is just a phase you are going thru, you'll probably regret it when you are older" WRONG!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I regret is not getting into LZ until December 1977. They were at my city (StLouis) on April 15th, 1977. Eternal Bummer!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I finally got my wife to take a pic of my arm(s), where my ZEP tat resides...it is the worst looking one I have seen on this thread so far! 'Course, it was applied with a sewing needle, indian ink and Everclear (190 proof)! It will be thirty years old this summer. I dont know how to aquire a http address for my photo or i would insert here. Any suggestions? I have set my avatar photo to display this photo, for now, anyway. I'll work on this in the future, hopefully. Maybe one day i"ll even get this thing tidied up...peace!

I have the picture from the inside cover of the fourth lp on my chest.That's right Ladies

I also have the SwanSong emblem with the 4 runes/symbols around it on my right upper arm

and i have the burning blimp with Led Zeppelin written above it on my right fore arm.

Have a Lynyrd Skynyrd tattoo on my upper left arm thats all the musical ones. Have a snake on my right arm that i got in Portsmouth England during my Knebworth 79 visit

I have the picture from the inside cover of the fourth lp on my chest.That's right Ladies

I also have the SwanSong emblem with the 4 runes/symbols around it on my right upper arm

and i have the burning blimp with Led Zeppelin written above it on my right fore arm.

Have a Lynyrd Skynyrd tattoo on my upper left arm thats all the musical ones. Have a snake on my right arm that i got in Portsmouth England during my Knebworth 79 visit

meinZosomagazine90JeddahSaudiArabia.jpg

AnotherzosoarticleMeinRotaSpainZepp.jpg

Not verry Clear pictures pulled them out of some old zoso fan magazines i had laying around.

One kind of shows the old wizard on the mountain the other shows the one on my arm the swan song emblem and the four symbols

• 2 weeks later...
meinZosomagazine90JeddahSaudiArabia.jpg

AnotherzosoarticleMeinRotaSpainZepp.jpg

Not verry Clear pictures pulled them out of some old zoso fan magazines i had laying around.

One kind of shows the old wizard on the mountain the other shows the one on my arm the swan song emblem and the four symbols

P1003917.jpg

oops its off topic but heres a skynyrd tattoo on my other arm

me3.jpg

and theres more Zep stuff the Zep in flames and Swan Song and four symbols

• 1 month later...
Nice tat Jimbo, my brother also has the Swan Song Icarus. I think yours is way nicer though!!

You mean the Swan Song Apollo :lol:

gotta love that tattoo!

I'm really looking forward to getting a portrait of Jimmy tattooed on my shoulder :D

I just got mine 3 weeks ago, I freakin love it. I have been obsessed with Led Zeppelin ever since i first heard them for the first time in highschool. I still remember black dog coming on the radio while i was lifting in the gym and i was like "what is this heavenly noise coming out of the speakers" i have been hooked ever since, i have become a life long student in learning the story of Led Zeppelin and am always over joyed to hear a new led zeppelin fact. ne ways enough bable, heres my zep ink!

christat.jpg

This is me and my friend megan showin off our tattoos, she has the symbols in there. she got some cool designs added around them.

On the tube coming back from the O2 last monday, I spotted this lovely Zoso tattoo on the wrist of a beautiful young woman. She told me she had it done a few weeks ago.

Image8.jpg

that was the first one my 21 year old got, but on his right wrist

Archived