Led Zeppelin "tattoos"

Hang-man

hey well done, both my photos there ,,,, thank you....... i getting swan man on the upper arm after crimbo,,,,, i not happy with led zeppelin tattoo, the guy must of been pissed!, i going to a different tattooist next time........ its a girl, she an artist, and does it straight from a picture, no template, .......... alan

hey well done, both my photos there ,,,, thank you....... i getting swan man on the upper arm after crimbo,,,,, i not happy with led zeppelin tattoo, the guy must of been pissed!, i going to a different tattooist next time........ its a girl, she an artist, and does it straight from a picture, no template, .......... alan

There'll be no missing you in "The Springhead"!!!!

:lol:

eh up pilot how ya doing mate?..... ha, i wont be walking about bare chest, or with a vest i on i can assure you! springhead closes beginning of new year for refit, did you know? should be intresting the outcome, should be better i think........... alan

eh up pilot how ya doing mate?..... ha, i wont be walking about bare chest, or with a vest i on i can assure you! springhead closes beginning of new year for refit, did you know? should be intresting the outcome, should be better i think........... alan

Doing fine thanks!

Never knew that about the Springhead. Yeah, should be interesting. I remember the last refit.

Was totally shitfaced in the 'Anlaby Park' Saturday last...celebrating my good fortune at getting a ticket for the O2!!!

lzfan........ i got 4 sybols first by a lad who was very enthusiastic, it knew what they was and talked about led zepp while he was doing them,,,,, 3 weeks later i went back to same place,but it was his day off, but another old man said he could do the led zeppelin tatt, he looker like an old docker, with tattoos of achors all over his arms, but been me, its like when you set your heart on somthing doing, i just couldent wait,so i let him do it

if you zoom in , some of the "E" are not straight, but i kept telling him, he said it will be ok when he fill in the colour, but it wasnt. i will never go back again

i gunna get this other girl to try and do somthing with it.............. alan

Therefore Jimmy's symbol may have a great secret meaning and power, but only to him, to us it means whatever Jimmy means to us. That's my interpretation of it.

that's a nice thing to think and maybe if i convince myself of it i will finally get the tatoo. =)

PS: nice to see tolkien fans around, i'm one too. Aiyä!

songbird - yes, ankle bones hurt a whole bunch too, tho not as much as the spine. I have a Tolkien ode on my ankle and the beginning of the swoosh was killer, I could actually feel the needle bouncing off the bone.

tolkien_symbol_tattoo.jpg

I like that "Tatt", As for body work, i found that the Spine area is a "Hurting Kind", a real Bugger (well it did me).

songbird - Hurt like a mofo on the spine, but the rest was down right pleasant. Well, except the spirals, as he did them twice, once with water to preserve the complicated pattern, then over that wound with the ink. The Zep symbols however were practically painless. And the bird is a crow - I took this image of a crow taking off and asked the tattooist to make it "pictish" style a la Uffington Horse.

Might be tough to get the Jimmy symbol on your ankle, as there isn't much room and it's bony, a few inches above the ankle would work tho.

Hang-man - Do you have a larger picture of your back? It would help to see it in greater detail. As for what to add - not sure it needs something, but you could develop the sky to a greater degree, adding in new colours. The only other significant symbol that comes to mind that works with the expansive sky would be an actualy Zeppelin. I think it's quite a well balanced piece as it is.

Hi, "Its been a long time" trying to get to grips with using a computer,(belive me) so getting my "Tatt" on the screen was a big thing for me,(had some help off my Friend "Whyalla- thanks again mate") i shall however try a get a larger one on here soon. Thank for your thoughts, maybe a "Faint Zeppelin like a Shadow" cover of "Re-Masters" Cheers, Hang-man

hello everyone

i got 4 symbols on my left inner arm, and "led zeppelin" on my right inner arm

i would love to show you them but the files are to big!

i will try and post pics, but dont shout at me if they take ages to load........... alan

Alan my friend, i don't mind "Hanging" around, & won't Shout. Get them "Posted" the more "Ink" the better, Were Zeppelin, & were Proud.

Hang-man.

Here's a large version of Hang-mans tattoo.

DSC01387.jpg

painful.... mmmm YES!

Whyalla, my friend,

Thanks for Posting a bigger photo of my "Tatt" for folk to look for more detail. As i have said to people, im Pants on the Computer, but i aim to get better. Cheers, Hang-man.

songbird - Hurt like a mofo on the spine, but the rest was down right pleasant. Well, except the spirals, as he did them twice, once with water to preserve the complicated pattern, then over that wound with the ink. The Zep symbols however were practically painless. And the bird is a crow - I took this image of a crow taking off and asked the tattooist to make it "pictish" style a la Uffington Horse.

Might be tough to get the Jimmy symbol on your ankle, as there isn't much room and it's bony, a few inches above the ankle would work tho.

Hang-man - Do you have a larger picture of your back? It would help to see it in greater detail. As for what to add - not sure it needs something, but you could develop the sky to a greater degree, adding in new colours. The only other significant symbol that comes to mind that works with the expansive sky would be an actualy Zeppelin. I think it's quite a well balanced piece as it is.

Hi, "With a Little Help From My Friend" Whyalla, a larger Photo of my back is now on this Page, so you can have a better look at the detail. Was thinking of a "shadow" of a Zeppelin, as in the cover of the "Re-Masters" what you think??

Hang-man.

Alan, I didn't notice it. That can't be very good though. I'd definatley go somewhere else because you've going to have a tattoo forever.

Hang-man here Mate,

If your in your UK, & not far from the East Coast of Yorkshire, the Chap that did my Tattoo on my back, is called "Jan" from "Idenities, or, Identity". He's now classed in the top 100 worldwide for Tatts, Good Tatts, Good Guy. Try Him.

To be honest, Hang-man, I think your back piece is very well balanced as it is and adding another element on the right would drag it down. A large shadow would make this very light and air elemental piece feel too heavy. How's about adding colors to the sky and having them fill in your open right area. Tonight in fact, as the Pineapple Express pushed a majoy storm out of the sky, the very orange sky had streaks of bright blue underneath it that were totally brilliant.

How's about light blues, bright blues and sky blues at the horizon, moving up thru the orange sky and then adding in some pink and purple at the shoulder level.

The problem is if you do too much, too many elements you risk giving it the kiss of death and there's no coming back from that with tattoos.

To be honest, Hang-man, I think your back piece is very well balanced as it is and adding another element on the right would drag it down. A large shadow would make this very light and air elemental piece feel too heavy. How's about adding colors to the sky and having them fill in your open right area. Tonight in fact, as the Pineapple Express pushed a majoy storm out of the sky, the very orange sky had streaks of bright blue underneath it that were totally brilliant.

How's about light blues, bright blues and sky blues at the horizon, moving up thru the orange sky and then adding in some pink and purple at the shoulder level.

The problem is if you do too much, too many elements you risk giving it the kiss of death and there's no coming back from that with tattoos.

Hey-up,

Thanks for that view, & i shall take it "On-board". I too saw the Sky lastnight, with those Colours, it was totally Gorgeous. So i think i will go with what you say,& get the Colours in the Clouds done. Once the "Festive" time is over, I shall get "Jan" to work on it, & hope to Post in the New Tear. All the best my Friend, Hang-man.

326839929474d66bdcfbc33.20179594.jpeg

Got mine done last wednesday :)

Led Zeppelin in words still to come, with the date of the o2 gig (after i've been to it! - glad i didnt get tickets in the first round now, as i woulda been straight to the tattooist for the date.... luckily it was postponed which put me off this time but after the gig, im back to the tattooists for LED ZEPPELIN with the date under :) )

I also want the hermit somewhere... i think my left calf as i already have something on my right calf!

some very nice tatts being featured here :)

Archived