Any of Zeppelin's parents still alive?

dpat

wow what a strange question

I had recently lost my last remaining parent, so now they are both in their new life. Was just wondering if any of the lads were in the same situation. Morbid question? Probably...

Were there any interviews with any of the parents?

Would love to hear what they thought of their sons and their music.

I'm not aware of any full length interviews with their parents.

Jimmy's parents allowed him to jam with friends in the living room of their home on Miles Road in Epsom. His father invited an Indian chap at work over to show Jimmy some sitar chords after Jimmy asked him if he would.

JPJ's parents, as well as his Grandmother, came from musical backgrounds. John used to accompany them on tours of England.

Robert once said his father became more accepting of his music when he read of Led Zeppelin's success in the pages of the Financial Times (circa 1975). It was Robert's father who said to reporters at the airport following the loss of Karac something to the effect of "all this fame and fortune, what is it worth compared to the love of family?".

I had recently lost my last remaining parent, so now they are both in their new life. Was just wondering if any of the lads were in the same situation. Morbid question? Probably...

It's ok, I don't think it is morbid.

I understand the feelings you encounter when both your parents pass, as mine have.

Sorry for your loss.

I recall when Robert's father passed. I think Robert said he was glad his father lived long enough to see his true success.

Mrs. Page was reportedly at the O2 gig last December, so sayeth a writer for The Guardian IIRC. Hopefully, Jimmy inherited her longevity genes and will be with us for a long time to come as well.

Interesting... must be 87 or so if you figure Jimmy's YOB was 1944. Say Mum (approx YOB 1921) was 23 at the time....

Archived