FULL MOON

The Rover

Had a chance to get a good view of the full moon, while going for an evening stroll on Tuesday night. Initially, the moon got hidden behind the clouds, but (thankfully!) emerged a few minutes later, in all its glory, casting some lovely silvery light, onto the street that I was walking on! :D 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

The moon is fantastic tonight! 

:) 

Hasn't come up here yet. My eastern view is a little blocked, but it's still light outside here, it will be up higher in the sky soon and I'll see it...Seen it last night, looked marvelous!

Edited by luvlz2

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Hasn't come up here yet. My eastern view is a little blocked, but it's still light outside here, it will be up higher in the sky soon and I'll see it...Seen it last night, looked marvelous!

I hope you get to see it, luvlz2.  I believe it's even bigger and brighter than last night's beautiful moon.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Supermoon on November 14, 2016 will be the closest a Full Moon has been to Earth since January 26, 1948. The next time a Full Moon is even closer to Earth will be on November 25, 2034 (dates based on UTC time).

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/moon/super-full-moon.html

Edited by luvlz2

Caught the Supermoon this morning, it was very low in the western horizon at dawn and disappeared early after the sun rose. It was far out! It will probably be the only one I see in my lifetime, so I am glad to have caught it!

Edited by luvlz2

3 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Caught the Supermoon this morning, it was very low in the western horizon at dawn and disappeared early after the sun rose. It was far out! It will probably be the only one I see in my lifetime, so I am glad to have caught it!

Was out spotting as well, the damn thing looked like a spotlight at midnight, damn was it bright, my whole back yard was casting shadows. 

On 9/19/2016 at 8:32 PM, luvlz2 said:

It has a Gold look to it here.  Gold is my favorite color.  These full Moon stories I am not sure about but even before I was told it was the full moon that night I noticed my black cat was acting strange.  He did things he never does.  Always sleeps down near my feet.  Not on that night.  I am a bit eery over this.  Dazed and Confused perhaps?

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

January: Wolf Moon

The first Full Moon of the year is named after howling wolves. In some cultures, it was known as Old Moon, Ice Moon, Snow Moon, and the Moon after Yule.

The Wolf Moon on the night between 1 and 2 January 2018 is a Supermoon.

The following Full Moon is also in January, on the 31. It has no given name, which makes it a Blue Moon. However, this particular Blue Moon will likely look red in some areas, because it will cause a total lunar eclipse, also known as a Blood Moon.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/moon/wolf.html

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, The Rover said:

I saw a Beautiful Full Moon Rising this evening... The sky was clear because the recent rains washed out the air pollution...

One of two this month - just as there were two in January. This combination left the February that just ended with no full moons - a very rare combination...

• 6 months later...