pink floyd

caroselambra~

Been looking for one of these for a long time, a Pink FLoyd concert that I took 2-3 hits of greatful dead acid at in Phoenix Municipal Stadium 1988 and I'll never forget what a powerful concert it was, and the lasers were absolutely insane shooting farther out in space than you could imagine in an absolutely clear night in Phoenix and the music was powerful and it was very moving.  :hysterical: So I picked this up yesterday. Always nice coming across stuff like this! :D

574cd1aa95db0_1988.04.26_MunicipalStadiu

Brain Damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnExahMPPFI

Edited by luvlz2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dam that's an exhaustive release, not masses of stuff that hasn't been around before but the majority of the professionally recorded content that's around which will hopefully have been handled better than previously.

I believe each individual "year" sub package will be sold separately next year so its only the bonus one and the single vinyl re presses that are exclusive to the box. That will I'd guess please a lot of people, Barret fans only need to get the first one and casual Floyd fans perhaps drawn to the 69 and 70 sets with the Man/Journey and Zabriskie outtakes.

I'm actually plesently surprised how appealing it is to me given that most of it is not previously uncirculated, I spose because almost all of my unoffical Floyd stuff is audience recordings from the 70's which aren't featured. I'v never been much of a fan of unofficial video footage as its generally not delt with that well, hopefully this release improves that.

Edited by greenman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to get a copy of Dark Side Of The Moon on either CD or LP, preferably LP, but we all know how much more that cost...

Before I go out and pick up a copy I checked out Amazon to see what prices to expect, and the album is available on LP, but I seen 'Preorder Now - Release Date: November 4, 2016' then I seen the exact same thing on the website of a local record shop, BUT I can't find a damn bit of information.. Haven't spent endless hours searching or anything, but what is this all about..? If they are releasing a remastered version of the album, then I guess it's a hell of a time to randomly desire the album.. I have had a copy of the album on my iPod for ages as my dad has a copy on CD forever, which I went to listen to after several years and the CD looks just like any of his CDs that he listened to often lol and I somehow lost the copy on my iPod so i am definitely needing a copy in the next day or 2...

I was reading, ehh I think it may have been a review on Amazon that said something about a version of the album including the full album performed live back in the 70's.. I would always love to have something like that if it doesn't become a fiasco searching for it.

4 hours ago, nick2632 said:

I want to get a copy of Dark Side Of The Moon on either CD or LP, preferably LP, but we all know how much more that cost...

Before I go out and pick up a copy I checked out Amazon to see what prices to expect, and the album is available on LP, but I seen 'Preorder Now - Release Date: November 4, 2016' then I seen the exact same thing on the website of a local record shop, BUT I can't find a damn bit of information.. Haven't spent endless hours searching or anything, but what is this all about..? If they are releasing a remastered version of the album, then I guess it's a hell of a time to randomly desire the album.. I have had a copy of the album on my iPod for ages as my dad has a copy on CD forever, which I went to listen to after several years and the CD looks just like any of his CDs that he listened to often lol and I somehow lost the copy on my iPod so i am definitely needing a copy in the next day or 2...

I was reading, ehh I think it may have been a review on Amazon that said something about a version of the album including the full album performed live back in the 70's.. I would always love to have something like that if it doesn't become a fiasco searching for it.

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/pink-floyd-records-animals-wywh-and-dsotm-next-on-180-gram.html

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...

There is a nice surprise on the 1971 Reverb/ation Blu-ray from the 1965/1972 Early Years box set.. if the disc  is ripped in PC Blu-ray drive...A 5.1 version of MEDDLE.......So that is in addition to the Quad version of Echoes  that isn't hidden...

Edited by JTM

Theres another nice error/bonus as well, the 72 sub box comes not with the listed remix of Obscured by Clouds but actually with a stereo CD version of the remastered live at Pompei tracks(including a bonus unrealised second take on Careful With That Axe), you get the Obscured remix in a little wallet instead and both fit into the CD tray nicely.

I'd guess the band almost decided to release both of these things, desided against it and just blocked out the 5.1 Meddle and the production made a mistake removing the Obscured by Clouds remix rather than the Pompeii CD.

Edited by greenman

• 3 months later...