What songs are you working on now?

danelectro

I'm sure this has been done before but it's been a while. What are you working on.

All I do these days is revisit my fave songs. It's rare I spend time working out something new with the intent of developing it, though I do blues improvisation all the time. I am working on some covers just for fun, mostly Mayall songs.

Little Girl

Steppin' Out

I'm Your Witchdoctor

and a few Ten Years After tunes...

Love Like A Man

I Can't Keep From Crying, yeah I know it's a cover but I'm working on the TYA version.

I'm sure this has been done before but it's been a while. What are you working on.

All I do these days is revisit my fave songs. It's rare I spend time working out something new with the intent of developing it, though I do blues improvisation all the time. I am working on some covers just for fun, mostly Mayall songs.

Little Girl

Steppin' Out

I'm Your Witchdoctor

and a few Ten Years After tunes...

Love Like A Man

I Can't Keep From Crying, yeah I know it's a cover but I'm working on the TYA version.

I've been workin' on some improvising and then turning it into songs. I've done Hard Rock/Jazz/blues and I've made a song which has a mind-blowing riff! :banana::lol:

I'm already as good as jimmy page. (literally) :D

Right on. Do you have a myspace or soundclick site, MP3's or youtube vids to share. I swear I get a bigger kick out of hearing quality unknown players on the net than I do famous ones. There are some fab players out there jamming in bedrooms.

I'm trying to learn as many Zeppelin songs as possible so I can learn to play like Page. Right now I'm working on the GTBT solo and I just finished Rain Song.

me too i just finished the rain song.. i dont know why i like to play it a lot... it gives me a very nice feeling while playing it... im really happy that im developing to play like page even when im improvising in other non zep songs i feel i play in pagey's style and i really like it and im comfortable with it

I'm kind of getting bored with guitar as I have done nothing but play covers by myself for three years. I have played live once with a drummer and played OTHAFA by myself as well as two times at two open mic nights I played just a simple blues pattern with some other kids that were there. I still have been unsucessfull trying to get with a band, after I had been playing for about a year I was in band for about three months then the bassist left and our new bassist was dropped because he sucked and we had severe creative differences. After that the drummer dropped me for another guitarist and bassist.

I'm just starting to play piano again and rather thoroughly frustrated because I played SO much better when I was a kid.

I know, put in a few months of playing a few hours a day to get past that horrible sounding stage.

The trick is to not get fed up after 20 minutes.

Wish I had my Led Zep song book still because I was thinking the other day about how many songs I used to actually play by them....

Oh well... perseverance right?

Oh yeah, working on classical for now. did I ever find an excellent classical pianist on you tube yesterday. An old clip, probably from the 70s but passionate guy. I will add it to the post when I find it.

Good to hear folks are plugging away. I mastered the stuff I was working and I've moved on. Somehow I never got into the SRV stuff so I've decided to give some of his signature stuff a whirl. I know this may sound odd but this is my first shot at doing stuff like Pride and Joy. I guess I was really never deep into him but just correctly getting the rhythm down on a song like Pride and Joy took a few tries, a few mornings on the can and I had it down :blink:. His attack was pretty brutal but I must say after getting it down it kind of humanized him for me. It's not like I thought it was beyond what I have done in the past just that it was not really something I got into. Not sure where to go from here. I'd like to tackle something outrageous, like a killer country song, but some of the technical stuff is beyond what I am capable of pulling off. The new Brad Paisley album has some amazing picking on it but it is way beyond my skills.

Right now I'm drumming to the first two Zep albums with the Ipod ear buds under my ear muffs. "I play for me, I play for free..."

Oh yeah, and I'm NOT already as good as John Bonham. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy playing/recording original songs in the studio for the past month, but I learned Bron-Yr-Aur the other day, such an awesome song. Also have been watching instructional jazz vids on youtube..man jazz guitar is hard <_<

Right now I'm writing my own songs. I'll list the names of the ones I've written already.

1. The Piper

2. Strange World

3. Stars

4. Predator and Prey

5. One Ring

6. Mother Nature (Be Me)

7. I Have None

8. Dr. No

9. Taken for Granted

• 3 months later...

Archived