• Stairway to Heaven
    • No Quarter
    • In The Light
    • Achilles Last Stand
    • Carouselambra
    • Kashmir

I voted for Kashmir, because:

a)I love that song

B) the best part of the song is when Plant hits the highest note and it fades into the guitar riff, that is just amazing. I always get goosebumps when I listen to the song. It's a lovely piece of music.

In the other thread about Zepp's best overall song I voted ALS but in this thread I vote for Stairway. STH is a song that starts off on quiet acoustic guitar that's eventually joined by a recorder then Robert Plant's vocal. From there it just keeps building itself up until after the guitar solo when Plant comes in at the top of his range. At that point the song is at its zenith point and then eventually it comes back down and ends with Plant softly singing "And she's buying the stairway.... to heaven." That is epic to me

I suppose I'll state this again. Blues and blues-rock related things aren't of the unreachable and their sound doesn't escape the comprehension of other artists. Sure, go ahead and say "but the way they did it..." yeah I know... better than most. But I'm talking about the sounds that weren't touched before and will never be touched again. Tea For One is great but hardly counts for something out of this world. I am saddened that In The Light was left out in the cold.

Stairway To Heaven and Kashmir.

To me - it's a tie. I can't pick one over the other. These both epitomize the the word "epic". Beautifully constructed songs-both of them.

Goosebumps every time I hear them.

I do believe however, they have always performed Kashmir better live.

This was again a close call, and again (as in the topic «Led Zeppelin's OVERALL best song, out of these songs, which would you say is the best?») between STH, Kashmir and Achilles Last Stand.

But as an epic song Kashmir takes the win. mainly due to the guitar and bass rhythm.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived