Led Zep to Tour with The Cure?!?!?!

Mothman

Sometimes it's easy to confuse the Cure and the Cult because their band names are made up of words with four letters, the first two of which are C and U. Reminds me of another word Peter Grant throws around backstage in TSRTS, "ya silly..."

According to this website, The Cure will be touring with the boys next year. Is this true. Here's a link:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1574740/2..._zeppelin.jhtml

and here's a link to a Cure website, which doesn't mention it at all...yet!

http://www.thecuretickets.net/

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Sometimes it's easy to confuse the Cure and the Cult because their band names are made up of words with four letters, the first two of which are C and U. Reminds me of another word Peter Grant throws around backstage in TSRTS, "ya silly..."

Interesting idea. Didn't the Cure's guitarist tour with Plant?

Led Zeppelin To Tour In 2008 -- With The Cult?

Cult singer announces that band is opening tour for Zeppelin -- during club show in Cincinnati! -- reps for both bands offer no comment.

It's the "CULT" - not the Cure!

Don't count on this !

And Page. He was in the 'unledded' band.

The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult The Cult

Led Zeppelin are to tour in 2008 - with THE CULT as their opening act. Cult frontman Ian Astbury, let the news slip during a concert in Cincinnati, Ohio on Saturday (17Nov07). The rocker told fans, "We'll be back next year because we're opening for a band you may have heard of... The name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it." Astbury confirmed he was talking about the recently reunited rock supergroup by nodding when a fan shouted, "Led Zeppelin?" The Stairway To Heaven group's upcoming Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert performance in London (10Dec07) was slated as a one-off reunion, with frontman Robert Plant insisting a tour wasn't part of the plan. But guitarist Jimmy Page recently gave fans a little hope when he suggested the reunion effort would be a waste if was just for one show. He said, "It's a bit silly (not to tour) because there is such massive demand. It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle." Billboard.com reports that a number of U.S. venues have already been approached about staging Led Zeppelin/The Cult summer dates next year (08). If the shows take place, it won't be the first time Astbury has performed with rock royalty - he fronted the reformed The Doors, Riders on The Storm, until earlier this year (07), when he quit to concentrate on The Cult projects.

I Know what I want for Christmas ............

I've been really good too Santa....

You know what, Ian Astbury is now officially just as bad as all those two-bit bar bands posting

their music videos on You Tube with titles like "Led Zeppelin Reunion Rehearsals" in the hopes

that it will generate additional viewership. Ian, the jury finds you guilty of onstage spamming.

Wow, that's a pretty powerful dismissal. I like it! I do think the guys in Led Zeppelin are open to the possibility of a tour in 2008, but I don't think they have decided for themselves whether it will happen. There are still a lot of factors that would play into that decision.

Most importantly, they have to identify with a genuine reason to do more collaboration. Once they decide what that reason is -- raising money for a charity, doing the band some justice, packing houses, proving to themselves and their critics that they can do it, doing it for the fans -- then they can truly pursue it.

Second-most importantly, they have to be able to commit themselves to the challenge of being in the most powerful rock 'n' roll band of all time while they're respecting each other's freedom to do other projects.

I just made a post about this at www.LedZeppelinNews.com. Direct link: http://lemonsqueezings.blogspot.com/2007/1...ot-for-led.html

The cure and Zeppelin all in one show? Interesting to say the least...but it is actually a band called "The Cult". Oh well.

Well, the thread starter who referred to The Cult as The Cure then proceeded to bring up the

completely unrelated topic of John Trower. I'm thinking thread discipline is not his bag, baby.

Wow, that's a pretty powerful dismissal. I like it! I do think the guys in Led Zeppelin are open to the possibility of a tour in 2008, but I don't think they have decided for themselves whether it will happen. There are still a lot of factors that would play into that decision.

Steve, before I reply I want to say thank you for your contributions to preserve the legacy of Led Zeppelin. I've always enjoyed your work. With that said, I trust you agree the statement made by

Ian Astbury is absurd, and deliberately so (his 15 minutes of fame up yet?).

Steve, before I reply I want to say thank you for your contributions to preserve the legacy of Led Zeppelin. I've always enjoyed your work. With that said, I trust you agree the statement made by

Ian Astbury is absurd, and deliberately so (his 15 minutes of fame up yet?).

Like I just said in my last post to FBO, B) , all the grovelling in the world didn't get Davey G any further than still playing for Foo. So Ian, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I will make sure I bring the question up though over tea and crumpets next time the lads pay me a visit to listen to the last batch of SAJ archive transfers.

Like I just said in my last post to FBO, B) , all the grovelling in the world didn't get Davey G any further than still playing for Foo. So Ian, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I will make sure I bring the question up though over tea and crumpets next time the lads pay me a visit to listen to the last batch of SAJ archive transfers.

Big Nech enters the room!

I made a suggestion once about what Dave Ghoul could do on December 10th but I'll keep it clean

here seeing as this is the "official" forum. You know, I'm almost convinced John Paul Jones wanders around his house murmuring to himself "what the hell did I do that project for, I've had to change

my number ten times since then". Jonsey, man stick with the bluegrass festivals. The collaboration

with Mutual Appreciation Society was astounding.

Zeppelin and Blue Oyster Cult on tour together?!

..that would be fun!! thumbsup3.gif

when do tix go on sale?? hyper.gif

yeah, yeah.. I know.

but afaic,.. "the Cult" means "BOC"! :P

...Zeppelin...Blue Oyster...John Tesh...wow....I can't stand the excitement in this thread...

..I really think though that they should consider Celine Dion....oops..she's already on tour in 08..

Juliet :o

PS Oh yeah...and The Cure..I mean The Occult.. No...The Cult...well-cured of course. :blink:

Archived