" BIGGEST REFORMATION OF 2009 "

TheZeppyWanderer

Yup, even with Peter Tork :D Some of the fans in the audience were almost more entertaining than the show :blink::o

Back in 68 they were my wifes first concert. Go Go boots and all. Now there's a picture I'd like to have today :lol:

"Hey Everyone,

As most of you saw from our little iChat (yes, it was really us), we have decided to go on tour next year while continuing to work on our album. We are working on tour dates now and can't wait to get out there and play for all of you - it's been too long! We'll announce tour dates soon so be sure to check back for updates. Have a safe and happy holiday and we'll see you on the road in 2009!

- No Doubt"

"Hey Everyone,

As most of you saw from our little iChat (yes, it was really us), we have decided to go on tour next year while continuing to work on our album. We are working on tour dates now and can't wait to get out there and play for all of you - it's been too long! We'll announce tour dates soon so be sure to check back for updates. Have a safe and happy holiday and we'll see you on the road in 2009!

- No Doubt"

Please....No Doubt sucks!

The Specials are reforming but I doubt it would be them. I would stick my money on The Stone Roses or at the back of my mind for some reason Guns N Roses with Slash, Duff & Izzy. Without Adler though (Who is quite messed up unfortunately) it wouldn't be the Appetite guns band.

Still place all my bets on The Stone Roses who would've been the next best thing if not for their manager. Their debut album is one of the best debut albums I've ever heard.

Read the anouncement again:

The "biggest reformation" of 2009 is set to be announced soon, according to promoter Rob Hallett.

Claiming that they're second only to Led Zeppelin in popularity and legend, Hallett explained that the announcement "isn't a million miles away".

Speaking to BBC News, he said: "I do have another reformation up my sleeve that I can't talk about yet that is going to please a lot of people of a certain age.

"If you were a teenage boy in the pre-punk '70s you're going to be very excited. Outside of Led Zeppelin, this is probably the biggest reformation you can hope for."

That isn't referring to The Specials or The Stone Roses.

Yes, the key is "pre-punk 70's". So it must be Genesis with Peter Gabriel or Pink Floyd. I can't think of who else could possibly be second to Zeppelin in popularity and legend.

Although, I think Floyd fits the description more so than Genesis. That's who I'd put my money on.

But who else could fit the description of being second to Zeppelin? Not sure if you can count Genesis in that way. Unless it's just his opinion of how he thinks the particular band he's talking about fits in.

True but it very well could be his opinion on the "biggest reformation". Fortunately 2009 is in a day and hopefully we won't have to wait too long into the new year to find out!

The Specials are reforming but I doubt it would be them. I would stick my money on The Stone Roses or at the back of my mind for some reason Guns N Roses with Slash, Duff & Izzy. Without Adler though (Who is quite messed up unfortunately) it wouldn't be the Appetite guns band.

Wouldnt say GnR as the current GnR lineup are planning on touring in March for a tour around two years. Could be a one of show of course.

So, then,who do we have?

Blur, Stone Roses,Specials,Guns'n' Roses all may well reform/realign/reconfigure etc and tour but they don't fit the pre punk 70's description. In fact,looking at that list,2 of those 4 have announced shows in 2009 and G/R have said they'll be touring.At least, that seems to be the rumour emanating from Axl-land. As if I care.

I tend to agree with the people who were actually paying attention to the original post. Pink Floyd and Genesis seem to be the most likely contenders. My contributions amount to this- I recall reading an interview in which it was stated that the only reason Gabriel didn't join the most recent Genesis tour was that he was busy and the timing wasn't quite right. No other reason was given and the idea wasn't dismissed out of hand. Floyd? Maybe the reason people think they have for NOT doing it is actually the motivation FOR doing it ie -Rick Wright's death. A tribute/memorial series of shows?

Just my thoughts..

Happy New Year to everyone on this board. I wish you all a Peaceful,Healthy and Happy 2009.

Cheers!!

Read the anouncement again:

The "biggest reformation" of 2009 is set to be announced soon, according to promoter Rob Hallett.

Claiming that they're second only to Led Zeppelin in popularity and legend, Hallett explained that the announcement "isn't a million miles away".

Speaking to BBC News, he said: "I do have another reformation up my sleeve that I can't talk about yet that is going to please a lot of people of a certain age.

"If you were a teenage boy in the pre-punk '70s you're going to be very excited. Outside of Led Zeppelin, this is probably the biggest reformation you can hope for."

That isn't referring to The Specials or The Stone Roses.

Then it can't be them, so in terms of being a supergroup like Zeppelin then it has to be Floyd. There is no one else really that come close to Zeppelin in terms of reforming. It better not be Roxy Music that's for sure. :(

Mmmm. There's a brief interview with Peter Gabriel in the latest edition of Mojo magazine and he mentions that he'd be willing to work with Genesis again, and that the last time it was discussed he just couldn't fit it into his schedule.

Archived