?anybody ever heard of this?

zkman2002

i usually buy lp records in lots, ill make an offer on the whole batch and cart them home. most times 95% of them go out for target practice, after all how many copies of alvin and the chipmonks sing christmas can 1 person have, anyhow i came across this 1 and wondered if anyone had heard of it. BOTTLENECK BLUES GUITAR CLASSICS - 1926-1937 its on the YAZOO label, side a track listing: king solomon hill-whoopie blues, barbecue bob- atlanta moan, shreveport home wreckers-fence breakin' blues, robert johnson- milkcow's calf blues take 2, black ace-black ace, ruth willis-man of my own, jim & bob (the genial hawaiians) st. louis blues. side b: bo weavil jackson-you cant keep no brown, weaver & beasley-bottleneck blues, ramblin thomas- so lonesome, kansas joe & memphis minnie- my wash woman's gone, oscar woods-evil hearted woman blues, bukka white-the panama limited, irene scruggs-my back to the wall. i washed it several times, its still kind of scratchy but will play.

Nice purchase. I know what record it is, though I don't own it myself. There's a pretty good second hand record store here in Stockholm that has got a great deal of blues records, that's where I've seen this particular record. The Yazoo label put out a lot of great blues records in the 70's. I have one with Blind Willie Johnson on Yazoo, with a great set of songs.

Archived