surprising facts

caroselambra~

Children who are born in the autumn months should wait to go into day care until they are a year old. They are at a higher risk for asthma compared to children who are born at other times of the year. Extra care is needed to protect them from colds and flu because they are exposed too early to the peak cold and flu season during their developmental phase.

This month, The American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine is reporting that children born in the fall have a 30 percent higher risk for asthma than those born in other seasons. The finding is based on a review of birth and medical records of over 95,000 children in Tennessee.

A possible explanation is that autumn babies tend to be about 4 months old at the peak of cold and flu season. By that age, many babies are in day care and regularly exposed to the outside world.

And while their lungs are still developing, they have yet to develop strong immune systems. As a result, fall babies are at particular risk to contract a severe winter virus, which may in turn increase their risk for asthma.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/09/health/r...no_interstitial

i have heard that but i dont believe it unless it's brain is somewhere else

The roach brain does not control it's breathing and his blood does not carry oxygen throughout the body. Rather, the spiracles pipe air directly to tissues through a set of tubes called tracheae.

So I guess it is true believe it or not... don't forget roaches have a completely different nervous system than humans...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived