Holidays coming and stress with them?

Yukon Cornelius

I usually leave my Xmas shopping until the days before. And i usually get cards, and coupons, movie passes so there is no real stress involved. My guy friends and i are easy to shop for.

Before Xmas we will probably get together and do something. For Xmas i don't do much but watch tv. I live alone with just my cat so there is no real need to do anything else and my attached buddies will be having to spend it with their girlfriends/wives etc. I don't even bother with the Xmas tree anymore. The cat sure as hell does not care about that.

One of my friends is going to be having a New Years Party again this year. Hopefully something good will come of that for me and i will strike gold.

strike gold, what do you mean?

Oh my God. Spats. We have something in common. Yikes. That is my all time favorite. The 1951 Allistair Sim version. I just picked up "Its a Wonderful Life". I still have yet to figure that whole movie out. I also love the Grinch (Karloff version-animated, not the carrie version even though I do love Carrie as an actor), and Im getting into this Polar Express. Tom Hanks. Miracle on 34th street is great too, but it always makes me sad to see little Natalie Wood and imagine what could have been if not for her tragic end. Rudolph, oh yeah, Im in that one.

i agree with the sentiment !

i also cannot imagine a worse death than drowning!

i mean just try and hold your breath for 3 mins

doesn't bare thinking about

I don't usually suffer too much stress during the holiday season. I save that for the other 11 months of the year. :blink:

I enjoy the relaxing with family time, but there's a part of me that impatiently waits for it all to be over, and for things to get back to normal.

But I DO love when the Gingerbread lattes are back at Starbucks for Xmas!

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this holiday season. First, my wife seems stressed about work. Her sister was recently quite irritating about a birthday celebration. In addition, the sister insists on hosting Christmas lunch and usually serves salsa and chips, crab dip, M&M's and a cold honey baked turkey, among others similar items. I've never seen a vegetable served at her house. We've starting hosting a Christmas eve dinner for some friends, primarily so my wife could get into the spirit. About a week ago my wife starting complaining about all the gaudy, over the top Christmas decorations our neighbors insist on putting up. Who started with all the blow-up crap for every holiday?

I'm Jewish, so Christmas is not a big deal for me. Oh well, soon it will all be over.

I don't get stressed over Christmas as a holiday.

I don't buy into the consumptive spirit that's promoted and all the gift buying etc. I just visit friends and share soulful exchanges not thing. Giving someone time of yourself is the best gift others can receive.

I love to go to my favorite places as well in the woods and no one is there. If others can get away from their compulsory obligations they can come along too and that's always nice, but most are caught up in having to be present at functions and not just come and go. I pop in and out like a satellite with no expectations expected or given.

It works out nicely. I love the quiet and solitude away from any hustle and bustle that is the holiday season.

Besides, the last time I went to a family outing I got in this HUGE arguement because I said the US would be in a war soon, everyone thought I was an alarmist and crazy. That was Xmas 2000. I was right. Now I create my own peace and go frolic with the deer, foxes, squirrels, osprey, eagles, beavers, otters and other critters. They don't feel the stresses of the holidays either. One can learn alot from them. :D

I don't buy into the consumptive spirit that's promoted and all the gift buying etc. I just visit friends and share soulful exchanges not thing. Giving someone time of yourself is the best gift others can receive.

Do you at least bring a bottle of wine to share? You sound like one of those cheapskates just looking for a free meal and a place to crash.

:rolleyes:

Do you at least bring a bottle of wine to share? You sound like one of those cheapskates just looking for a free meal and a place to crash.

:rolleyes:

No. Actually I don't stay around long enough to crash, and I'd rather bring some killer smoke than wine. It's so much more meaningful to share something of one's own production (Blood, sweat and tears) than some cheap vino from the store. How tacky. Or if I do bring something to drink, it'll be a high quality IPA.

Then others don't like it so I get it all by myself. HaHa. :D

No. Actually I don't stay around long enough to crash, and I'd rather bring some killer smoke than wine. It's so much more meaningful to share something of one's own production (Blood, sweat and tears) than some cheap vino from the store. How tacky. Or if I do bring something to drink, it'll be a high quality IPA.

Then others don't like it so I get it all by myself. HaHa. :D

You sound like the stoner version of spats. :lol:

I don't get stressed over Christmas as a holiday.

I don't get stressed over it either. My husband and I have spent many Christmases outside of the U.S. (often in developing countries) so we look at the holiday season - and celebrate it - in a different way. In addition, I've always refused to allow people who bitch and moan about the season to bring down my mood or spoil it for me.

I got my cards done and am making another ornament. This coming week will be baking week...I have a whole lotta rum cakes to make. :drunk:

Sounds like your really in the spirit. BTW, how much rum is in dem der cakes :D

No stress here, it's Summertime in Oz! B):D

Break for three weeks holiday next Friday.

Shopping done and dusted next weekend.

Lunch and party on into the night with family on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day with immediate family, visitors dropping in all day for a swim in the pool.

Boxing Day watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race.

Knock over a few chores between 27th until New Years Eve, there'll be a party going on somewhere in the street.

Relax by the pool and listen to Zep for a couple of days.

Jan 3 watch Australia vs. South Africa cricket match.

Relax by the pool and listen to Zep............. :D

To all,

Have a cool yule! :santa::peace::D:beer:

Archived