Jeff Buckley

ledzep45

I cant get into her as much. Ive only heard her a few times. I like Regina Spektor better.

As far as Rufus ive been listening to "Poses" all day. Great album. Some of the songs really are heartbreaking & he really just has the voice for it..

Martha's a bit quirky that's for sure. She does well harmonizing with Rufus. Poses is a great song and yes, very poignant and heartbreaking lyrics written at a tough time in his life.

I came upon Grace by chance, as a latecomer glad I found the album...good

Your not alone with that. I've turned a number of people on to Jeff Buckely but without my own experiences with his dad, I might have missed him myself. I have to admit, I had to wake up a number of my friends who were big Tim fans, to Jeff's albums. The kid was an amazing talent

• 3 weeks later...

It may sound a bit weird but I got interested in Jeff because I found out he's exactly 2 days younger than me, and tragically died so young. It's hard to explain but it just felt so shocking somehow. I listened to him and promptly fell in love with his voice... got Sketches (For My Sweetheart the Drunk) pretty soon... found out about his father shortly after, another shock... It's hard to choose between Jeff's and Tim's voices, they're both so stunning.

Two blinding shooting stars.

It may sound a bit weird but I got interested in Jeff because I found out he's exactly 2 days younger than me, and tragically died so young. It's hard to explain but it just felt so shocking somehow. I listened to him and promptly fell in love with his voice... got Sketches (For My Sweetheart the Drunk) pretty soon... found out about his father shortly after, another shock... It's hard to choose between Jeff's and Tim's voices, they're both so stunning.

Two blinding shooting stars.

I also love Tim Buckley - another amazing songwriter. I'm probably more drawn to Jeff's music but I still listen to Tim fairly often.

Do you have Grace? If not, I'd say get it immediately :D It's far better than Sketches.

• 2 weeks later...

For some strange reason, I seemed to completely miss out on Jeff the first time round.

I got into him courtesy of Neil Peart of Rush.

He went on and on in one of his books about how great Jeff was, and I had to check him out.

I was blown away by him, and Grace remains one of my all time favourite albums

For some strange reason, I seemed to completely miss out on Jeff the first time round.

I got into him courtesy of Neil Peart of Rush.

He went on and on in one of his books about how great Jeff was, and I had to check him out.

I was blown away by him, and Grace remains one of my all time favourite albums

Same here and Grace is definitely one of my all time favorites as well too. I don't know when I discovered him - I feel like I have seen him perform in a small club but for the life of me I can't remember for sure :slapface: At any rate, he was amazing and such a tragic loss to the music world way way way too soon :(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived