What Is Your Latest Book Purchase?

Jahfin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Broken Harbor by Tana French, a thriller. Not bad so far. I've read a few other books by this author.

I was wondering if there was a book thread, haven't had the chance to search for it. When I have some time I'll have to go through some of the pages for ideas.

• 2 months later...

I haven't bought any books recently, for some reason I just remembered the closing down of the French bookstore in Manhattan, which I think was in the basement of the Rockefeller Center. I last visited in 2006 or 2008, and I remember an old man with a white beard working there. Several weeks, months, after my visit the library went out of business and I think there was an announcement printed in a major New York journal, my memory of those days is blurry, must be the natural process of getting older...

• 2 weeks later...

The Barney Hoskyns book 'Trampled Underfoot, The Power and EXcess of Led Zeppelin', this is a very good read, only half way through so far and i haven't seen very much dirt being dished out yet, there are supposed to be some things in here that are not what you might call complementary. I'm up to the groupie part, around 1973, this is uncomfortable reading epsecially when you know what some of these girls looked like. Not nice. Someone says (Lori I think ) 'we were the Paris Hiltons of the Seventies'. I concur.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Picked this up at Barnes and Noble the other night. It was originally published in 1980.

It is written by George Harrison himself. I'm looking forward to his thoughts. There are lots of pics of handwritten song notes throughout....that alone makes the purchase very worthwhile to me. Plus, he was a Beatle!! :)

51sAURBDfWL.jpg

Just read my first book on kindle, Endgame, the Betrayal and Fall of Srebrenica by David Rohde, I had read this already on paper several years ago, the kindle is a fantastic and convinient tool to read.

Sounds interesting; I'll check it out.

I finally got around to reading the Silmarillion on Kindle, after 40 years of being a Tolkien fan (picked it up when I was 20 and was frustrated by its lack of plot--as you get older your tastes change). It's a bit like reading the Bible crossed with a history text crossed with a book of ancient Norse sagas.

Picked this up at Barnes and Noble the other night. It was originally published in 1980.

It is written by George Harrison himself. I'm looking forward to his thoughts. There are lots of pics of handwritten song notes throughout....that alone makes the purchase very worthwhile to me. Plus, he was a Beatle!! :)

51sAURBDfWL.jpg

i have this ( but with a different cover ) i bought it when it came out and read it then.

can't really remember much about it, but i know i did enjoy it. i was really into the beatles at that time and had just spent a weeks wage on the box set ...

• 3 years later...