What Is Your Latest Book Purchase?

Jahfin

On 1/24/2017 at 6:13 AM, Sathington Willoughby said:

I enjoyed it, it has the first three TMNT comics and a couple shorts. Already ordered the second volume. B)

1069110-86410425726_1.gif

Cool! Don't forget to post some photos of your haul in the purchases thread! As a kid, I loved shows like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Swat Kats, The Centurions, etc.! Being someone born in the 80's (like me), I'm sure you can relate! :D 

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Cool! Don't forget to post some photos of your haul in the purchases thread! As a kid, I loved shows like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Swat Kats, The Centurions, etc.! Being someone born in the 80's (like me), I'm sure you can relate! :D 

Book three is on the way as we speak. ;) I'll post a pic once I complete the set. (Four volumes) 

Yea, these are definitely more intense than the family friendly version of the Turtles most of us grew up with. There's bloodshed, guns, cursing, alcohol use... all the good stuff! :lol:

18 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Book three is on the way as we speak. ;) I'll post a pic once I complete the set. (Four volumes) 

Yea, these are definitely more intense than the family friendly version of the Turtles most of us grew up with. There's bloodshed, guns, cursing, alcohol use... all the good stuff! :lol:

Sounds uber cool, man! :gimmefive: 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 8:15 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

More Monty Python book delights:

The Pythons by the Pythons book looks interesting.  Would you recommend it, Kiwi?
Considering to buy myself the Norwegian Blu-Ray DVD set for christmas 🎄

On 11/23/2019 at 10:32 PM, LedZed66 said:

The Pythons by the Pythons book looks interesting.  Would you recommend it, Kiwi?

Oh absolutely! What sets the Pythons by the Pythons book apart from the rest, is that we have actual narrations from the Pythons themselves about their early life, Monty Python, Pre-Python shows such as Do Not Adjust Your Set, The Frost Report, At Last the 1948 show, etc., and even extensive narrations as to how they all were coping with Graham's deteriorating health at the time. It is a fantastic read! Plus, there are so many never before seen photos of the Pythons as kids with their families and during the filming of Flying Circus, Life of Brian, etc. I am nearly halfway through. :) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 11/23/2019 at 10:32 PM, LedZed66 said:

Considering to buy myself the Norwegian Blu-Ray DVD set for christmas 🎄

I recently watched a documentary called "Monty Python: Almost the Truth" on Netflix. It is brilliant! I highly recommend it, if you have not seen it yet. :)