What Is Your Latest Book Purchase?

Jahfin

I almost bought a book by Victor Davis Hanson called The Dying Citizen. There's a fantastic interview of him on YouTube discussing some very relevant issues happening in the US, particularly in Silicon Valley. The discussion revolved around how drastically things have changed in the area over the past 40 years which is something I'm all too familiar with. It also gets into the destruction of the middle class, small business owner and autonomy of our citizens.

He's incredibly intelligent and well-spoken and has a great knowledge of history, particularly greco-roman, that fuels the book. Unfortunately, some reviews I've read have said he intermingles politics into the book which is a deal-breaker for me. I don't wanna hear about Trump/Fox or people who hate Trump/Fox, or CNN or any of that. I just wanted to read a good book lol, 

It would have died a lonely death in the kindle queue anyway. I have about 8 books that have been waiting to be read for over a year now. I need to make the time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My daughter purchased the most recent edition of Evenings With Led Zeppelin, and then Bob Spitz Led Zeppelin Bio. I love the new Edition from Dave. I got the hard back. It’s awesome. I got 3/4 of the way through Bob Spitz book and started getting irritated. I’ll have to finish it though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We just did an event with Kevin Nealon signing his book of paintings of famous people, "I Exaggerate: My Brushes With Fame". After looking through it, I decided not to get one for myself. Here's his chapter on Robert Plant. I don't know where Kevin Nealon got the idea that Led Zeppelin is still out there touring.

20221111_130253.thumb.jpg.7f371c4c9e253aaa42651642a6df880e.jpg

• 1 year later...