BONHAM READY FOR LED ZEPPELIN THIS TIME

robertkincaid96

BTW, I guess it's old news but before P/P, aside from Wearing and Tearing in Knebworth 1990, Page and Plant played some RIPPING songs at the Alexis Korner tribute that was proof enough that the two could still play well together rather than just apart.

Atlantic 88 was the first time Plant/Page/Jones had played live with only one other drummer other than John Bonham. Live Aid had 2 drummers (and bass with keyboards to Stairway). The 4 piece is a line-up that would show weakenesses in sound - obviously John Bonham was the strength behind Led Zeppelin's 4 piece richness of sound.

I suppose that's what Live Aid was about, trying to re-create that richness of sound - in my opinion it failed because 2 drummers (one being Phil Collins of all people !!) couldn't replace John Bonham. Atlantic was a gamble to, but Jason wasn't John, he was young and over-excited. Page himself has said - Jason isn't John.

I don't think you can compare the original line-up to the 'current' one - give them their own uniqueness. It will always be a different beast.

i was under the impression that the alexis korner tribute was during the page plant years, around 94 or 95. plants voice sounds to be from around that time frame.

April 17th 1994 Buxton Opera House Buxton, England

Alexis Korner Memorial Concert to support the Macmillan Cancer Relief Fund

News - Music, movie, Entertainment

BONHAM READY FOR LED ZEPPELIN THIS TIME

Print article

Refer to a friend

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

2007-12-03 00:42:27 -

I'm just happy to hear the jamming sessions went well. I hope they have a great concert.

And for those who argued about passed reunions, I think it's just that, in the past. The band has put it behind, so lets support them with positive feedback for once. B)

Archived