THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THREAD

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics. I see that we all survived the Holidays and welcomed a new year. Lets all contribute in making 2009 the best year that we ever had, what da ya say ZEPPELIN fanatics? OK! My next thread is on a gentleman that needs no introduction the world over. If you liked THE BEATLES' SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND album and PINK FLOYD'S THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON album, then you're definitely going to love this artist that I'm about to talk about. The gentleman's name is none other than Mr. Alan Parsons and his band that I am talking about is the legendary ALAN PARSONS PROJECT.

THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history and be remembered for recording some of Rock's all-time greatest classic albums using the up-to-date Digital Recording Technology process. THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT will mainly consist of two masterminded musicians, Mr. Alan Parsons and Mr. Eric Woolfson. These two individuals would meet at Abbey Road Studios in 1974. Mr. Alan Parsons will also forever be remembered for being the engineer at Abbey Road Studios and helping in the recording of two of the all-time greatest and influential landmark albums ever. They are THE BEATLES' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album from 1967 and PINK FLOYD'S The Dark Side Of The Moon album from 1973. With all of these great background experience, Parsons wanted to go one step further with his new band, THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, and record an album in the same direction that THE BEATLES and PINK FLOYD were heading with the intentions of further advancing, improving and modifying the Digital Recording Technology process. With that in mind, Parsons would do just that with his debut landmark TALES OF MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION album from 1976 and the landmark masterpiece I ROBOT album in 1977. In my opinion, the I ROBOT album should rank as one of the all-time greatest albums ever recorded. Also check out some of Parsons' many other great albums such as PYRAMID from 1978, EVE from 1979 and EYE IN THE SKY from 1982 to name a few. The EYE IN THE SKY album is another great album that I highly recommend other than I ROBOT.

Alan Parsons is not only known as a great innovator, but a great songwriter, a well balanced musician and a legendary engineer. THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT has successfully continued in recording many more great albums that would blow the music world away to this very day. Mr. Alan Parsons is extremely talented indeed. In my opinion, I truly believe with all of my heart that we have not seen or heard the last of THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT yet, this legendary band still has so much more to contribute and accomplish in the Rock n' Roll world. See you again soon Mr. Parsons. And as the saying goes, "AND THE REST IS ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY," need I say more? Forever in Rock, ROCK ON!

Not that I was a big fan, so I'll leave comment on his music to others, but I always felt he'd have gone further if the band hadn't had such a boring name. Seriously.

All I ever think about is Austin Powers! :D

Not that I was a big fan, so I'll leave comment on his music to others, but I always felt he'd have gone further if the band hadn't had such a boring name. Seriously.

How's it going "Aquamarine?" Did you ever find those OSMONDS albums? What you are saying about THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT does make sense. ROCK ON!

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...