hey joe live

Zachman

last year i was able to find a live version of zeppelin doin "hey joe".. plant sounds awesome in it.. has anyone heard this before? im just curious

I could be wrong but I do not think it's Zeppelin. I think he's playing with another band.

I could be wrong but I do not think it's Zeppelin. I think he's playing with another band.

idk sounds alot like early plant and the riff although not pages originally is improvised just like page would.. its on limewire so listen for yourself i guess.. its over 5 minutes long

If it souds like early Robert then I think it could be the one version done by Band of Joy.

thats true but i dont think its unfathomable to think that zep covered this at somepoint in their early days live,. they were always putting their touch to traditional and standard songs back in the early days,, i may be wrong but i really think this is zeppelin

They also did a version of Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth". Both are on 66 to Timbuktu.

Love both of those Band of Joy demos. I listen to them quite often. Robert's voice was just developing. You could really hear the potential of what would be realized shortly.

last year i was able to find a live version of zeppelin doin "hey joe".. plant sounds awesome in it.. has anyone heard this before? im just curious

Hey Joe is on Roberts 'Dreamland' CD which came out before 'Mighty Rearanger". I believe he was playing with his band The Strange Sensation.

• 6 years later...

Actually there is a Zep version but like some of their live jams Robert is just inserting the lyrics, and it's

not complete and the arrangement is not Hendrix or the original. Zep also did FWIW by Buffalo, but

again inside of a jam, not complete, etc.. Bootleggers had a field day with this, as fans would see all

these covers  and be wow, then realize that it could be 15 seconds. Of course all this was from the

start to 73' and so, although many of the Elvis/rockabilly songs were played in their entirety at times.

Actually there is a Zep version but like some of their live jams Robert is just inserting the lyrics, and it's

not complete and the arrangement is not Hendrix or the original. Zep also did FWIW by Buffalo, but

again inside of a jam, not complete, etc.. Bootleggers had a field day with this, as fans would see all

these covers  and be wow, then realize that it could be 15 seconds. Of course all this was from the

start to 73' and so, although many of the Elvis/rockabilly songs were played in their entirety at times.

Spot on. Especially disappointing with the Beatles "covers" like I Saw Her Standing There, From Me to You, Please Please Me, etc.

Archived