JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

As of 12-10-07 the reunion show they seemed to be getting on extremly well. Jeff Beck not only attended the Ahmett Tribute concert but also met with and delivered a package to Jimmy Page backstage. I saw this with my own two eyes as well as spoke to Jeff Beck at the bar right before Led Zeppelin took the stage. His departing words for me were "This is gonna be a good one mate" It seemed to me that not only are they close friends but he respects Jimmy Page very much. It's good to hear that JP is considering a tribute by attending and possibly playing with his old friend. Jeff Beck is still one of the greatest guitar players of all time.

:goodpost:

Hi Charles,

I stayed at the Marriott downtown and had a room overlooking the Cleveland Browns stadium and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, great view. The Marriott is a nice hotel. It is downtown and everything seems to be within walking distance.

Cleveland has a Ritz Carlton hotel which is already booked up, as it was for the Les Paul Concert, probably where all the celebrities stay.

There is a nice hotel called the Renaissance that I have stayed at several times in the past. I also talked to people that stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown and they said it was nice.

Here is a link to hotels.

http://www.cityvisitor.com/packages/view/00000001/true

I thought they were really good mates.

If you can find it check out Guitar World October 1999.

There is an interview with both Page and Beck.

I hope JP does appear it would be most apt.

I will be looking forward even moreso to Jeff's gig in two weeks as I'm sure he'll be pumped with the induction and all.

He will be joined by "Special Guests".

Hey Steve do you know if Jimmy is planning a trip to the Antipodes in the next week or so!? :D

Yep still don't like it! doesn't mean I can't go see one of my favorite guitarist.

It just strikes me as you talking out of both sides of your mouth. I get the impression you're really not all that against the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame or where it's located or you wouldn't even be entertaining the thought of going.

I thought they were really good mates.

If you can find it check out Guitar World October 1999.

There is an interview with both Page and Beck.

I hope JP does appear it would be most apt.

I will be looking forward even moreso to Jeff's gig in two weeks as I'm sure he'll be pumped with the induction and all.

He will be joined by "Special Guests".

Hey Steve do you know if Jimmy is planning a trip to the Antipodes in the next week or so!? :D

Reggie,

I received an email yesterday about a change of venue for Jeff Beck's Perth concert. He is now playing at the Perth Concert Hall on 22 Jan and not Challenge Stadium on 23 Jan.

It also said joining Jeff Beck would be Vinnie Colaiuta on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and David Sancious on keyboards.

Tal Wilkenfeld in an Australian bass player. Hadn't heard of her but I found a Youtube clip of her with Jeff Beck.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFFRHBCPzA

It just strikes me as you talking out of both sides of your mouth. I get the impression you're really not all that against the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame or where it's located or you wouldn't even be entertaining the thought of going.

I stand by what I said, I don't like the way they choose inductees and I don't think it's located in the best possible place.

So are you a mind reader now? :huh:

I stand by what I said, I don't like the way they choose inductees and I don't think it's located in the best possible place.

I agree with you on both counts. New York City would be much better as it's less than an hour away for me. It's always best what is most convenient.

Hopefully, Jimmy will play this event. It could really be something and then countless more rumors will fly here after the gig. It doesn't sound certain yet, but quite promising.

I never said I was a "mind reader", you posted yourself that you were going to go if you were able to get tickets. It just seems highly hypocritical to be so outspoken about the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame yet on the other hand you also want to attend the ceremonies. I stand by that observation as well.

I never said I was a "mind reader", you posted yourself that you were going to go if you were able to get tickets. It just seems highly hypocritical to be so outspoken about the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame yet on the other hand you also want to attend the ceremonies. I stand by that observation as well.

Not really, I think work sux! yet I get up and go every day. <_<

Besides what's it to ya? doesn't have anything to do with

the "Drive-Thru-Truckers" :rolleyes:

The Football and Baseball HOFs are not in the best possible places either. NYC and LA have enough going on. It's nice that these little towns/cities have a reason for people to visit. I agree though that some of the inductees make me cringe.

The induction ceremony will not be at the RRHOF but at Cleveland's Public Hall. In case that makes any difference for anyone in terms of hotel location.

Just a thought .

I come here to read new information and what irks me is that people start these cyber-chats that get into verbal slander leading to an excessive amount of my time sifting through the banter just to see if any actual worthy news had been discussed.

You're offended, peeved, bitter about an opinion , well, get over it.

Or better yet , why don't we create an " I disagree " thread where all rude and meaningless dribble can be posted back and forth for as long as you care to.

Take it to that place and carry on. It can go like this ~~~ I don't like you and your opinion , meet me in the waste of our time thread.

If you can't say something nice , don't say anything at all.

There are intelligent ways to debate differences , beyond insult.

I know it won't change anything here, but there must be a contingent of people that agree.

Back to the real news now please..................

Just a thought .

I come here to read new information and what irks me is that people start these cyber-chats that get into verbal slander leading to an excessive amount of my time sifting through the banter just to see if any actual worthy news had been discussed.

You're offended, peeved, bitter about an opinion , well, get over it.

Or better yet , why don't we create an " I disagree " thread where all rude and meaningless dribble can be posted back and forth for as long as you care to.

Take it to that place and carry on. It can go like this ~~~ I don't like you and your opinion , meet me in the waste of our time thread.

If you can't say something nice , don't say anything at all.

There are intelligent ways to debate differences , beyond insult.

I know it won't change anything here, but there must be a contingent of people that agree.

Back to the real news now please..................

:yesnod: :yesnod:

I think it's about time for a Yardbirds reunion ...

While I certainly don't have anything against reunion's that one would be kind of tough considering Keith Relf is dead. I know many think of the Yardbirds as a vehicle for their great guitarists but Relf was most certainly the front man of that band

As of 12-10-07 the reunion show they seemed to be getting on extremly well. Jeff Beck not only attended the Ahmett Tribute concert but also met with and delivered a package to Jimmy Page backstage. I saw this with my own two eyes as well as spoke to Jeff Beck at the bar right before Led Zeppelin took the stage. His departing words for me were "This is gonna be a good one mate" It seemed to me that not only are they close friends but he respects Jimmy Page very much. It's good to hear that JP is considering a tribute by attending and possibly playing with his old friend. Jeff Beck is still one of the greatest guitar players of all time.

Great story and thanks for sharing, that is so great to hear. B)

I think it's about time for a Yardbirds reunion ...

This is said by a certain Mr. Beck

Reformation of bands is never my idea of a good idea. Leave well enough alone, especially 35 years after it happened. It usually indicates there isn’t anything else happening in someone else’s career, otherwise you wouldn’t entertain it — let’s face it.

Archived