JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

was i dreaming, or did i read on this forum that jimmy is going to be giving interviews at the RARHOF with "magazines" about his future plans ?

i thought i read that, but now i can't find it...... help please!

I mentioned this can be anticipated. The interviews are not focused on promoting his future plans, but undoubtedly the topic will come up.

Hi Zeppland,

I guess that you are elected to coordinate the get-together in Cleveland. :)

My son and his friend are interested in meeting up with the Led Zeppelin fans.

Anyone else interested?

Any suggestions?

I wish that I could be there.

I would love to meet up with our forum members sometime.

It is so exciting!

This is a great opportunity to be in such close proximity with Jimmy.

I can't believe that I am going to miss it.

I have been trying to arrange something. I have heard back from a few folks, but not sure when everyone is going to be arriving in Cleveland.

I usually just name a time and venue and folks just show up. This is a bit different as so many are traveling on Saturday afternoon and leaving the next day.

I have been trying to arrange something. I have heard back from a few folks, but not sure when everyone is going to be arriving in Cleveland.

I usually just name a time and venue and folks just show up. This is a bit different as so many are traveling on Saturday afternoon and leaving the next day.

We're too are travelling on Saturday afternoon and leaving on Sunday afternoon. Has a place been set where we can convene? Would be so great to see everyone.

Has the countdown begun? 5 more days! Did someone say the ceremony is gonna go from 8 to 1... whew, better start getting some sleep!

Just saw an new interview with Jeff and the parts he mentioned Jimmy caught my attention.

Page will present Beck at the Rock Hall ceremony.

How friendly are the two of them these days?

"You sound a little cagey about it," Beck said.

No -- just journalistically curious.

They get along fine, Beck said.

"There was obviously some envy on my part, from the success of Zeppelin," he said. "But when you see what the package was, then you can understand why they were so successful.

"Other than just a bit of envy, we've been the same two kids in a candy store."

And it seems they all still have different stories about how Jeff left Yardbirds.

While he was recuperating, the Yardbirds decided to press on with Page on guitar.

"By that time, Jimmy had learned all my parts and they were up and running, so that put me out. . . . They politely refused to let me back in the band."

To see the whole article, HoF Induction 2009

Just saw an new interview with Jeff and the parts he mentioned Jimmy caught my attention.

And it seems they all still have different stories about how Jeff left Yardbirds.

To see the whole article, HoF Induction 2009

Oh Hell Yes. I wish I would have known this a bit sooner. I've been in and out of Public Hall many times. After the Frank Zappa concert my date decided she had to dance in the water fountains.....I think she was well oiled anyhow.

Thanks for the article :) Beck makes that thing throw sparks...

There really is no consensus between them, particularly with 40 years of water under the bridge. I'll attempt to post details over the weekend in Zeppelin Mysteries thread.

There really is no consensus between them, particularly with 40 years of water under the bridge. I'll attempt to post details over the weekend in Zeppelin Mysteries thread.

That happens when two old friends are both ace guitarists and strong-minded. But it's good to know they are still friends after so many years.

And thanks in advance. I'll be looking forward to it.

I am starting to get very excited for Jimmy's visit to Cleveland. :)

Everytime I hear a Led Zeppelin song, I start thinking about Jimmy being in the US in a few days.

He's probably on his journey now even as we speak! LOL

I hope everyone who's going has a great time. Good luck in sighting Jimmy out and about!

Make him feel welcome, I have no doubt that you will. :D

Maybe he will want to stay in the US awhile!

Maybe he will find a worthy partner to jam with and make new music with he and Jonesy and Jason. Who knows?

Jimmy arrived in Cleveland yesterday.

He is in my time zone! LOL

Here are some details!

I can't believe it either!!!! I am only 500 miles away (2 days worth drive) from him! My father's best friend lives in Cleavland and I have family in Wooster. I can't wait until tomarrow, though we'll probably start seeing and hearing things Sunday.

I am going to the ceremony. Fell into some free special guest tickets. I hope Page picks up a guitar for a little. I am going out of town Sunday morning so I wont be able to report back until a week later, but its gonna be great!

I was just downtown last night and the hotels are packed with people for the Rock Hall. Its gonna be a good weekend. If anyone is in Cleveland looking for something to do on Friday night (tonight) my band is playing at the Beachland Ballroom (#1 Best Cleveland music venue) and its very close to downtown. We have a very Zeppelin-ish sound.

Excerpt from Ross Halfin's diary:

April 1

Had dinner at Babbo in the village with Brad Tolinski and Greg Benedetto - very nice.

...each of course associated with Guitar World Magazine

Thank you SAJ....for your expert knowledge...Looking forward to any new developing details...Pls. keep us posted....

P.S. I hope they finally had nice dinner....looks like no complaints so far..... :D :D

Archived