Q & A game

Hotplant

Karac is April 20th 1972.

Want to say the other is Zoe but I can't find my blasted notes! If it isn't her it's got

to be one of Jonsey's three girls because I show Scarlet Lilith Elieska Page was born March 1971.

It is, in fact, Zoe Bonham! Good job, Steve!

This is a Yardbirds question, but whatever: What was the only Yardbirds single to feature both Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page?

EDIT: My 100th post!

This is a Yardbirds question, but whatever: What was the only Yardbirds single to feature both Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page?

I'd have to go with "Happenings Ten Years Time Ago" and make my next question:

Name the Yardbirds single that was released as a double A-side and seems to have actually preceded the Beatles' famous "Day Tripper"/"We Can Work It Out" pairing, which is credited (at least on Wikipedia at the moment) as having introduced that practice?

I'd have to go with "Happenings Ten Years Time Ago" and make my next question:

Name the Yardbirds single that was released as a double A-side and seems to have actually preceded the Beatles' famous "Day Tripper"/"We Can Work It Out" pairing, which is credited (at least on Wikipedia at the moment) as having introduced that practice?

A)

Evil Hearted You and Still I'm Sad

Question) what was Peter Grants first band that he managed ???

QUOTE (leddy @ Dec 4 2007, 10:41 PM) post_snapback.gifQuestion) what was Peter Grants first band that he managed ???

In '61 or '62 he was hired to transport The Shadows to their gigs. He took this job as his acting roles dried up.

In '63 promoter Don Arden hired him to manage UK tours for Bo Diddley, The Everly Brothers, Little Richard, Brian Hyland, Chuck Berry.

In late '63, Arden hired him to manage UK tours for Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, and The Animals.

Grant went on to independently manage The Nashville Teens, The Flintstones, all-girl group called She Trinity, and The New Vaudeville Band.

Grant then took The New Vaudeville Band on an American tour of the caberet circuit…they played Las Vegas and Reno among others.

Grant further independently managed Jeff Beck's early tours and Terry Reid.

Grant put together The Jeff Beck Group, produced their 'Truth' album…there was a studio session for the instrumental 'Beck's Bolero'.

In 1966, Simon Napier-Bell asked Grant to take over management of The Yardbirds upon Mickie Most's recommendation. Jimmy Page joined The Yardbirds for a rehearsal on June

19th or 20th 1966.

June 21st 1966: First live public performance of The Yardbirds with Jimmy Page on bass(7:30-11pm) (billed with The Clayton Squares) at Marquee Club in London

(venue located at 90 Wardour Street).

THE REST IS HISTORY! :)

QUOTE (leddy @ Dec 4 2007, 10:41 PM) post_snapback.gifQuestion) what was Peter Grants first band that he managed ???

In '61 or '62 he was hired to transport The Shadows to their gigs. He took this job as his acting roles dried up.

In '63 promoter Don Arden hired him to manage UK tours for Bo Diddley, The Everly Brothers, Little Richard, Brian Hyland, Chuck Berry.

In late '63, Arden hired him to manage UK tours for Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, and The Animals.

Grant went on to independently manage The Nashville Teens, The Flintstones, all-girl group called She Trinity, and The New Vaudeville Band.

Grant then took The New Vaudeville Band on an American tour of the caberet circuit…they played Las Vegas and Reno among others.

Grant further independently managed Jeff Beck's early tours and Terry Reid.

Grant put together The Jeff Beck Group, produced their 'Truth' album…there was a studio session for the instrumental 'Beck's Bolero'.

In 1966, Simon Napier-Bell asked Grant to take over management of The Yardbirds upon Mickie Most's recommendation. Jimmy Page joined The Yardbirds for a rehearsal on June

19th or 20th 1966.

June 21st 1966: First live public performance of The Yardbirds with Jimmy Page on bass(7:30-11pm) (billed with The Clayton Squares) at Marquee Club in London

(venue located at 90 Wardour Street).

THE REST IS HISTORY! :)

:D Did you just lift that from his biography ;) so what was the first ???? you named a few there !!

New question: Besides Roy Harper, who is the only other actual person named in a Led Zeppelin song title?

I don't know all of them...... But there are actual people named within songs recorded by Led Zeppelin . . .

In "How Many More Times"..... a real person is mentioned.....

"Little Robert Anthony (Plant) wants to come and play."

That wicked Jimmy riff is coming in now . . . ;)

Name a (non Zeppelin) song that Mentions a Zeppelin Member....

1968..november i think

cheers d:)

New Question:

How the F*** can i get tickets for Led Zep's gig @ The O2???????????????????????????? I need some NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s

I don't know all of them...... But there are actual people named within songs recorded by Led Zeppelin . . .

In "How Many More Times"..... a real person is mentioned.....

"Little Robert Anthony (Plant) wants to come and play."

That wicked Jimmy riff is coming in now . . . ;)

SHIT don't think there is one. Unless it's a really obscure song, by an unknown artist!!!!!!!!:)

I don't know all of them...... But there are actual people named within songs recorded

I can think of two:

The Beastie Boy's single She's Crafty (If I played guitar, be Jimmy Page...)

Paul McCartney's Rockestra (Who's that movin' 'cross the stage, looks like Jimmy Page)

Is it "You Cant Always Get What You Want" by the Stones?...I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy

No. Good guess but that line refers to one of Mick's friends from back when he and

Brian Jones shared a flat in Chelsea. Keith Richards moved in as well for awhile.

I can think of two:

The Beastie Boy's single She's Crafty (If I played guitar, be Jimmy Page...)

Paul McCartney's Rockestra (Who's that movin' 'cross the stage, looks like Jimmy Page)

Yes, the Wings song is the one I was thinking about.....

"What's that man moving cross the stage?

It looks a lot like the one used by Jimmy Page

It's like a relic from a different age, could be, ooh-ee"

Hi !

I can think of Neil Young's Mirror Ball album and the song Downtown :

"Jimi's playin' in the back room

Led Zeppelin on stage

There's a mirror ball twirlin'

And a note from Page

Like a water-washed diamond

In a river of sin

Goin' down like a whirlpool

When you get sucked in

Downtown

Let's go downtown"

Good song ang very good Lyrics from this friend of Jimmy !

Archived