It Might Get Loud European Premiere on February 10th, 2009 at the Berlin International Film Festival

JPO

The documentary 'It Might Get Loud' by Davis Guggenheim featuring Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White will make its European Premiere at the 59th Berlin International Film Festival. The first screening will take place on Tuesday February 10th, 2009 as part of the Berlinale Special - Gala Screenings at the Friedrichstadtpalast. A second showing will take place at Cubix 8 on February 11th. Ticket sales start on Feb 2nd, 2009 with a limited allocation of tickets that can be booked online.

"I don't think I'll be alone on the red carpet," Berlinale director Dieter Kosslick joked as he unveiled the final festival lineup on Tuesday January 27th, 2009. He added that at least one of the three guitarists featured in "It Might Get Loud" - Jimmy Page, Jack White and U2's the Edge - would also make an appearance.

The Berlin Film Festival runs from February 5th thru February 15th 2009.

http://www.berlinale.de/en/HomePage.html

Great news for all those across the pond. This can only mean that more presentations are coming and the eventual theater run along with commercial sales won't be too far down the road.

Enjoy the film !!!!

This may be the the biggest JP output of the year .

CheerZ

The documentary 'It Might Get Loud' by Davis Guggenheim featuring Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White will make its European Premiere at the 59th Berlin International Film Festival. The first screening will take place on Tuesday February 10th, 2009 as part of the Berlinale Special - Gala Screenings at the Friedrichstadtpalast. A second showing will take place at Cubix 8 on February 11th. Ticket sales start on Feb 2nd, 2009 with a limited allocation of tickets that can be booked online.

"I don't think I'll be alone on the red carpet," Berlinale director Dieter Kosslick joked as he unveiled the final festival lineup on Tuesday January 27th, 2009. He added that at least one of the three guitarists featured in "It Might Get Loud" - Jimmy Page, Jack White and U2's the Edge - would also make an appearance.

The Berlin Film Festival runs from February 5th thru February 15th 2009.

http://www.berlinale.de/en/HomePage.html

That's nice. Anybody know why is this director keeping his pet project on hold for the rest of us who don't live in Toronto or Berlin?

That's nice. Anybody know why is this director keeping his pet project on hold for the rest of us who don't live in Toronto or Berlin?

On hold ??? Have we forgotten that the film also just screened in Utah at the Sundance Film Festival.??

I dare to say that this is a process, and the film is slowly emerging into the main stream.

I'm not in the business but can guess that it's only time now before further presentations happen.

I was personally told at the TFF that the film would likely appear on one of the TV networks that features documentaries and music specials. Some theater time first would seem logical.

Stay tuned for that big announcement.

On hold ??? Have we forgotten that the film also just screened in Utah at the Sundance Film Festival.??

I dare to say that this is a process, and the film is slowly emerging into the main stream.

I'm not in the business but can guess that it's only time now before further presentations happen.

I was personally told at the TFF that the film would likely appear on one of the TV networks that features documentaries and music specials. Some theater time first would seem logical.

I saw this awhile ago. Not sure if it's news or not ....

http://www.musicnewsnet.com/2008/11/guitar...ee-release.html

Tis indeed the process for most films. I do hope it will make it to a tv network at some point or out on dvd. All the talk of it has peaked my curiosity greatly!

Tis indeed the process for most films. I do hope it will make it to a tv network at some point or out on dvd. All the talk of it has peaked my curiosity greatly!

Oh, I'm sure it will, it just takes a little time. Could be on Bravo, Sundance or one of the other independent channels. Although, it's possible it could also be shown on one of the HBO outlets as well. We'll see. Don't worry it will show up.

Oh, I'm sure it will, it just takes a little time. Could be on Bravo, Sundance or one of the other independent channels. Although, it's possible it could also be shown on one of the HBo outlets as well. We'll see. Don't worry it will show up.

Not worried - just impatient :lol: Hopefully it will be a channel I get! But I suspect it'll be on dvd at some point :D

Man you keep rubbin' salt in the wound....we know you were there !! (any more cool pics, btw? ) :D

thanks to the good info on this site, i got my tickets today,

so let´s see if this is a nice film.

and perhaps a surprise guest in the audience or so..

Please give us a report after you have been to this--thanks so much!! :)

Sharon

Please give us a report after you have been to this--thanks so much!! smile.gif

Sharon

Enjoy!!! and yes, please let us know what you think.

jaa, i jolly well will do. only i dont have any high expectations of special guests, but u never know..

bad thing is, someone recently stole my camera, so just in case there´s some really interesting thing happening off screen, i might b able to witness, but not likely to capture on film..

so i was there..and to take the excitement away:

it was Edge who was there, not Jimmy.

and the Davis Guggenheim, the director also.

it was a huge gala screening event with a horde of photographers and intro speech by a guy in a suit who didnt look very rocknroll to me, yaawn. then guggenheim came on and said how happy he was to have had the oppurtunity to work with the 3 guitarists and welcomes the Edge to the stage. no site of a Jimmy Page or even Jack White anywhere. then the Edge says something, sorry i forgot what and the film starts soon.

nice & BIG screen there, almost sold out, must be close to a thousand seats or so this place. nice clear soundsystem, but not tooo loud.

i will not go into too much detail now as it has probably been covered elsewhere (sorry i didnt read all the stuff about toronto.. as not to destroy my own fun) but it´s basically a intercut collage about the lives of the 3 players, their own music, their influences instruments ( nice close ups of jimmy´s 59 les paul!) and styles.

what i really enjoyed was a healthy looking jimmy page putting on 7" records from his vaaaaast music shelves at home and commenting on these. what a personal view.

won´t tell u the names of his choice tunes here.

and the jamming between the guys is fun.

for my personal feeling the Edge uses way to many effects in the film or his lifetime. i mean i really liked U2 in the 80s, but they lost some exitement when they started working with Brian Eno & Daniel Lanois, but it made em world famous then. and the Edge is just a walking ECHO EFFECT. this is not meant to bash him, it´s just the other two players are much more pure and their playing is so much more dynamic. i also like Jack White for his love of vintage stuff and music processing, but perhaps the director should have chosen a more different guitar player from Jimmy,

i feel it´s a little polarized, jimmy & jack on one side, they got all the blue notes u might wanna hear and Edge on the other side, a guy who came from nu wave/punk. i think someone like Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth or perhaps Fred Frith could have added another dimension to the picture. but the film is about real STARS, of course and as for the very positive audience reaction ( clapping & wowing in the right moments) i am quite sure the film will get a normal theatrical release soon, not only on dvd.

the end credits reveal that a certain Jimmy Page is the associate producer of the film.

what is the role of an associate proucer then ?

i seem to remember that "executive" producer stands for the person who puts down the money for a production.

all in all a good or very good rocknroll insight experience and for a zep fan a rare close up view into the career of Jimmy Page ( and of course the other guys) with lots of known film snipppets and also music snips and commentary.

yeah, i think one "new" page track was there too, called "embryo#2", but it didnt sound soo deeply constructed, could have just been a jam track he worked in that week.

the ending of the film sees the 3 guys blues jamming on a zep track and in the final scene you will hear a certain mr. page SING IN HARMONY (sorry i just had to tell you this, ah you knew that anyway, didnt ya?

had a nice nite out myself :)))

it was a huge gala screening event with a horde of photographers and intro speech by a guy in a suit who didnt look very rocknroll to me, yaawn. then guggenheim came on and said how happy he was to have had the oppurtunity to work with the 3 guitarists and welcomes the Edge to the stage. no site of a Jimmy Page or even Jack White anywhere. then the Edge says something, sorry i forgot what and the film starts soon.

nice & BIG screen there, almost sold out, must be close to a thousand seats or so this place. nice clear soundsystem, but not tooo loud.

i will not go into too much detail now as it has probably been covered elsewhere (sorry i didnt read all the stuff about toronto.. as not to destroy my own fun) but it´s basically a intercut collage about the lives of the 3 players, their own music, their influences instruments ( nice close ups of jimmy´s 59 les paul!) and styles.

what i really enjoyed was a healthy looking jimmy page putting on 7" records from his vaaaaast music shelves at home and commenting on these. what a personal view.

for my personal feeling the Edge uses way to many effects in the film or his lifetime. i mean i really liked U2 in the 80s, but they lost some exitement when they started working with Brian Eno & Daniel Lanois, but it made em world famous then. and the Edge is just a walking ECHO EFFECT. this is not meant to bash him, it´s just the other two players are much more pure and their playing is so much more dynamic. i also like Jack White for his love of vintage stuff and music processing, but perhaps the director should have chosen a more different guitar player from Jimmy,

i feel it´s a little polarized, jimmy & jack on one side, they got all the blue notes u might wanna hear and Edge on the other side, a guy who came from nu wave/punk. i think someone like Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth or perhaps Fred Frith could have added another dimension to the picture. but the film is about real STARS, of course and as for the very positive audience reaction ( clapping & wowing in the right moments) i am quite sure the film will get a normal theatrical release soon, not only on dvd.

the end credits reveal that a certain Jimmy Page is the associate producer of the film.

i seem to remember that "executive" producer stands for the person who puts down the money for a production.

all in all a good or very good rocknroll insight experience and for a zep fan a rare close up view into the career of Jimmy Page ( and of course the other guys) with lots of known film snipppets and also music snips and commentary.

yeah, i think one "new" page track was there too, called "embryo#2", but it didnt sound soo deeply constructed, could have just been a jam track he worked in that week.

the ending of the film sees the 3 guys blues jamming on a zep track and in the final scene you will hear a certain mr. page SING IN HARMONY (sorry i just had to tell you this, ah you knew that anyway, didnt ya?

had a nice nite out myself :) ))

Thanks for the feedback and glad you had a good time

Cant wait for wider distribution of the film!

had a nice nite out myself :)))

Glad you had a good time! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing it someday!

Archived