Jimmy MTV Interview from '88

I haven't seen this since it aired...when I was 13, so thought I'd share. He makes some interesting comments about RP (pretty obvious they were on the outs) and Jason's similarities to Bonzo.

Love the end when he's asked about Miss Pamela's book. :lol:

Part 1

Part 2

...thanks for sharing....He is charming as in "out-of-this-world"......Jimmy can do whatever he wants, but remove that sweat of his face, with a towel, ALL BY HIMSELF?....NO, NO.... :D

That was wonderful, thanks so much for sharing the links! Jimmy looked so relaxed and happy and was enjoying himself. I loved how he kept wiping the sweat from his face and said "Arizona mildew" and then took a drink at the end and started laughing!! Such a sweetie pie! :D

That was wonderful, thanks so much for sharing the links! Jimmy looked so relaxed and happy and was enjoying himself. I loved how he kept wiping the sweat from his face and said "Arizona mildew" and then took a drink at the end and started laughing!! Such a sweetie pie! :D

Having been to Arizona, I know how hot it gets there so I kept wondering why on earth they did the interview outside :lol: Ah well, added to the fun of it in a way and Jimmy seemed to take it in good spirit :D

Having been to Arizona, I know how hot it gets there so I kept wondering why on earth they did the interview outside :lol: Ah well, added to the fun of it in a way and Jimmy seemed to take it in good spirit :D

I got the impression he might have had a little of that spirit(s) before the cameras rolled. :D

Liked the interview. Jimmy's always a good interview. I saw this years ago and I remember he wasn't crazy about Robert doing the Coke commercial. The ending was the best with the Miss Pamela question and his reaction.

While I was watching the interview, I came across this clip of Page and Plant at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2001. Does anyone know if this was the last time they played together until the O2 show? The band is different as Ian Jennings is on standup bass and Mike Watts is on drums. It's a pretty smoking performance doing a little Elvis. Any background on this performance would be appreciated.

Liked the interview. Jimmy's always a good interview. I saw this years ago and I remember he wasn't crazy about Robert doing the Coke commercial. The ending was the best with the Miss Pamela question and his reaction.

While I was watching the interview, I came across this clip of Page and Plant at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2001. Does anyone know if this was the last time they played together until the O2 show? The band is different as Ian Jennings is on standup bass and Mike Watts is on drums. It's a pretty smoking performance doing a little Elvis. Any background on this performance would be appreciated.

Seems to me that would have been their last performance together until 2007.

Yes, their last public performance together prior to the rehearsal for the 02 show. I was

there and I do wish Claude Nobs would agree to it's release as a pro-shot dvd. Claude

has an extensive archive on Montreux Jazz Festival performances on film, but alas I don't think JPJ's performances there in '75 were filmed.

On 2/10/02 Jimmy and Robert both participated in the Teenage Cancer Trust concert at the Royal Albert Hall, but they did not perform together.

Yes, their last public performance together prior to the rehearsal for the 02 show. I was

there and I do wish Claude Nobs would agree to it's release as a pro-shot dvd. Claude

has an extensive archive on Montreux Jazz Festival performances on film, but alas I don't think JPJ's performances there in '75 were filmed.

On 2/10/02 Jimmy and Robert both participated in the Teenage Cancer Trust concert at the Royal Albert Hall, but they did not perform together.

I wish they would release it too. I've never seen footage of their performance.

I never get bored watching a Jimmy interview. He's so animated and physical with his explanations, which makes it bizarre yet fascinating to watch him all the more. Thanks for the treat! :)

Yeah, Jimmy's a "hand talker". I wish there were more conversations with him like this. I know he hates giving interviews, but he really expresses himself so sincerely. You know you're getting the truth, not a load of BS.

I know! He says something about that, too. Miserable! Also, I don't know of they were doing renovations on the hotel, or what, but there was a lot of loud banging and such going on in the background. Someone should have told them "Hey, take a break. Jimmy is speaking!" :P

Anyway, glad you all enjoyed it. I scour youtube about once a week for any new LZ postings. If I stumble across anything else interesting, I'll post it up. B)

Yeah, Jimmy's a "hand talker". I wish there were more conversations with him like this. I know he hates giving interviews, but he really expresses himself so sincerely. You know you're getting the truth, not a load of BS.

I know! He says something about that, too. Miserable! Also, I don't know of they were doing renovations on the hotel, or what, but there was a lot of loud banging and such going on in the background. Someone should have told them "Hey, take a break. Jimmy is speaking!" :P

Anyway, glad you all enjoyed it. I scour youtube about once a week for any new LZ postings. If I stumble across anything else interesting, I'll post it up. B)

Oh - I didn't notice any banging going on but that could be why they weren't inside.

That version of Baby Let's Play House was quite good to say the least. Wasn't it?

He learned one of the chords in the solo wrong. It's played as minor instead of a major, or he's playing a 3 or 4 note chord instead of a 2 note chord. Kind of dissonant actually.

He learned one of the chords in the solo wrong. It's played as minor instead of a major, or he's playing a 3 or 4 note chord instead of a 2 note chord. Kind of dissonant actually.

Didn't notice that. But then again I'm not a musican of any sort, which you probably are. Well anyway, I thought it was a pretty smoking version.

I haven't seen this since it aired...when I was 13, so thought I'd share. He makes some interesting comments about RP (pretty obvious they were on the outs) and Jason's similarities to Bonzo.

Love the end when he's asked about Miss Pamela's book. :lol:

Part 1

Part 2

Thank you, lady! :) I was looking for this everywhere! Fantastic interview, and... he's always had that lovely accent. Mwah!

- " What about offstage? is it calmer now or ..."

"I 'm usually practising the guitar all the time, you know..." hahaha which guitar, Jimmeeee!!! :rolleyes:

Also, I don't know of they were doing renovations on the hotel, or what, but there was a lot of loud banging and such going on in the background. Someone should have told them "Hey, take a break. Jimmy is speaking!" :P

It was filmed at the Mesa Amphitheatre while the crew was setting up for the show.

I;m no musician either,...but I was at Montreux and Ian Jennings broke a string in the first number...it was only a 20 minute set and to change the string would have taken 5 minutes...so they carried on and "compensated" .

Archived