IT'S LIKE XMAS

daviebhoy

:D Honestly this past two months I've been like a kid on xmas eve.I've drove the missus mad dragging all my old vinyl out and although I've not played the vinyl I've loved smelling it and recalling all the memories.Didn't get a ticket for the O2 and spent the next 3 days kicking the dog and refusing to communicate like a big spoiled teenager.

I hope to god the concert is released on DVD and we get the chance to at least see it later in '08 or maybe a tour of some sorts.The new site looks great and I look forward to some good zep talk

:D Honestly this past two months I've been like a kid on xmas eve.I've drove the missus mad dragging all my old vinyl out and although I've not played the vinyl I've loved smelling it and recalling all the memories.Didn't get a ticket for the O2 and spent the next 3 days kicking the dog and refusing to communicate like a big spoiled teenager.

I hope to god the concert is released on DVD and we get the chance to at least see it later in '08 or maybe a tour of some sorts.The new site looks great and I look forward to some good zep talk

It's been a good month indeed. I haven't had this much zep related fun since I first began listening to them.

This is nothing new really, its par for the course in Zepland. Little would happen for absolutely ages and than major flurries in a short space of time with the announcement of a new album, or tour or festival.

However this is the biggest frenzy I have seen but it comes partly due to how we access news and information now with the www.

In the 70's and 80's all we had was the music press a little on the radio etc.

We?I used to scour the news shops way back then like I still do but the info comes much more thick and fast ( bit like a teenage boy really)

You have to realise thatit was much more difficult to get information back then and to some extent we are spoilt today.

There was something about making the personal effort and treks to find what you could. It only takes a few key strokes now.

It was much more innocent in its own way back then.

But the excitement for Zep has never died for me.

Yes I agree, There was a type of innocence which I suppose was a result of not finding things out in the way you describe but also in the way a 14 year old boy looks at the world almost through rose tinted glasses.But over the years the drudgery of everyday life takes over doesn't it and the memory starts to fade a wee bit

Yes I agree, There was a type of innocence which I suppose was a result of not finding things out in the way you describe but also in the way a 14 year old boy looks at the world almost through rose tinted glasses.But over the years the drudgery of everyday life takes over doesn't it and the memory starts to fade a wee bit

Just hope its xmas all over again next year with a full world tour

It's sad isn't it? At least I can enjoy life threw "younger eyes" for a few more years. Yay college.

Archived