Baton Rouge 2/28/75

ZepFanatic

Listening to this show right now for the first time in a while...apart from Robert's voice, which is rough at the beginning but gets better (he lets out a great scream in The Rain Song), a fantastic show in a great recording...is this one of Freezer's tapes?

Listening to this show right now for the first time in a while...apart from Robert's voice, which is rough at the beginning but gets better (he lets out a great scream in The Rain Song), a fantastic show in a great recording...is this one of Freezer's tapes?

Yes, it's a Freezer recording, and probably his most controversial, he says that he's never circulated the masters, and the version we have is a 12th gen cassette recording, yet again he claims that trader's claim to circulate the masters.

A really long, sad history of what bootlegging and back-stabbing among circles is all about...

Yes, it's a Freezer recording, and probably his most controversial, he says that he's never circulated the masters, and the version we have is a 12th gen cassette recording, yet again he claims that trader's claim to circulate the masters.

A really long, sad history of what bootlegging and back-stabbing among circles is all about...

I vote for his 1977.05.19 Baton Rouge tape for most controversial. There is 1 other he has, and I think it is from 1971.

I vote for his 1977.05.19 Baton Rouge tape for most controversial. There is 1 other he has, and I think it is from 1971.

Agreed...I'd love to hear his '77 show...I have heard he also has the Who's show from Baton Rouge in 1975...would love to hear that as well, as it's never been circulated...

:P ....were you trying to link to one of the epic Freezer/Zeppelin threads over at the Den, 3 Hours? The "Where Do The New Sources...", "Freezer's Revenge" and "Latest News From Japan" discussions (for wont of a better term) are essential reading for Zep collectors IMO...

This is a great show. One of the earliest (if not the first) versions of No Quarter to feature Jonesy on the grand piano as well as the electric piano. Killer version.

Yep. A really great atmosphere on the recording as well...Mid-Feb through the end of the US tour was really good in 1975...I know a lot of people slag '75 but I quite like it!

:P ....were you trying to link to one of the epic Freezer/Zeppelin threads over at the Den, 3 Hours? The "Where Do The New Sources...", "Freezer's Revenge" and "Latest News From Japan" discussions (for wont of a better term) are essential reading for Zep collectors IMO...

What is Freezer's real name - does anybody know?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Read this message from 'keithdylan' on Royal-Orleans

Got this email this morn:

***The Soundboard Revolution Newest Release Has Arrived***

Led Zeppelin - Rampagin' Cajun (2/28/75 Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series presents for the very first and only time anywhere, the complete Baton Rouge show in Perfect Stereo Soundboard!!! As an additional special bonus, the initial 300 copies Only will include an extra 3 CD set featuring the best ever available audience source of this show.

Read this message from 'keithdylan' on Royal-Orleans

Got this email this morn:

***The Soundboard Revolution Newest Release Has Arrived***

Led Zeppelin - Rampagin' Cajun (2/28/75 Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series presents for the very first and only time anywhere, the complete Baton Rouge show in Perfect Stereo Soundboard!!! As an additional special bonus, the initial 300 copies Only will include an extra 3 CD set featuring the best ever available audience source of this show.

Looking forward to this one! I love the '75 soundboards, they sound great

I was at this 75 show :hurrah: and I cannot wait to get my hands/ears/eyes on this!!! I still wished Jimmy would take all of these recordings from various concerts, produce the DVD's CD's...VINYL! It would be great to own these officially IMHO :yesnod:

im listening to pieces from this show and i gotta say this is going to be one of my top 3 audience recordings. Right off the bat i gotta say i like the sound better than listen to this eddie because the drums are so much more prominent. I have to be able to hear bonham clearly and it is so awesomely captured on this show.

Archived