Second Album started on Feb. 13

Vega

If the dude had open heart surgery, then it would be months before he was able to work productively again. And as for touring, your looking a six to 18 months of recovery.

I think it would be cool to see Jimmy make an appearance (similar to the Honeydripper volume 1, or Now and Zen). that would be wishful thinking though.

Brian Setzer would be cool too. He was slated for a Honeydrippers Volume 2 performance, but the raising sand project took it's place for obvious reasons. ( He also actually played live in the first honeydrippers go around.

If the dude had open heart surgery, then it would be months before he was able to work productively again. And as for touring, your looking a six to 18 months of recovery.

I think it would be cool to see Jimmy make an appearance (similar to the Honeydripper volume 1, or Now and Zen). that would be wishful thinking though.

Brian Setzer would be cool too. He was slated for a Honeydrippers Volume 2 performance, but the raising sand project took it's place for obvious reasons. ( He also actually played live in the first honeydrippers go around.

Strange how it works out - had Akhmed blissfully lived on, we'd never saw the 02 Concert, and Raising Sand, but the Honeydrippers Vol.2 would have appeared. January 2007 Billboard there's something eerie to it all, how lives and deaths are interrelated affecting the world around us...

I'm sure it was brought up before, but the name "Raising Sand" corresponds with lyrics from "Freedom Fries" on Mighty Rearranger

The father, son and the Holy Ghost

Took the last train to the coast

They were moving fast, they were raising sand

They were running wild in the promised land

I just happened to notice it lately. :slapface:

Strange how it works out - had Akhmed blissfully lived on, we'd never saw the 02 Concert, and Raising Sand, but the Honeydrippers Vol.2 would have appeared. January 2007 Billboard there's something eerie to it all, how lives and deaths are interrelated affecting the world around us...

I'm sure it was brought up before, but the name "Raising Sand" corresponds with lyrics from "Freedom Fries" on Mighty Rearranger I just happened to notice it lately. :slapface:

I don't think Ahmet's death was the reason Raising Sand happened. That project was already in the works. The Honeydrippers was scrapped though because of it as Robert felt without his involvement, he didn't see the point. My guess is that if Ahmet hadn't passed away, the Honeydrippers would have happened at some point in addition to Raising Sand.

I don't think Ahmet's death was the reason Raising Sand happened. That project was already in the works. The Honeydrippers was scrapped though because of it as Robert felt without his involvement, he didn't see the point. My guess is that if Ahmet hadn't passed away, the Honeydrippers would have happened at some point in addition to Raising Sand.

yeah, I just probably worded in incorrectly, that indeed was in the works already... In fact, its appearance seems to be very logical at this particular point, and pretty consistent with everything he's done before. Although some might disagree. :stereo:

As a former Critical Care nurse I have to disagree with you on recovery time. Many people are back on their feet in two months, but I agree that the pace of touring would be tough and a tour would not be a good idea for a longer period of time. On Wednesday, Buddy's management team booked an appearance at a music festival in Telluride for June, and issued a press release, so it looks like Buddy will be resuming work by summer.

:cheer:

As a former Critical Care nurse I have to disagree with you on recovery time. Many people are back on their feet in two months, but I agree that the pace of touring would be tough and a tour would not be a good idea for a longer period of time. On Wednesday, Buddy's management team booked an appearance at a music festival in Telluride for June, and issued a press release, so it looks like Buddy will be resuming work by summer.

:cheer:

Good to hear this, thanks Kentuckygirl.

Glad to hear that Buddy is recovering well and will be back to performing shortly. And hopefully that means recording and touring with Robert and Alison too.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Looks like T Bone and the Raising Sand band have found a new niche project, Elvis Costello and the Sugercanes. And Buddy will be making several appearances with "Three Girls and their Buddy" at summer music festivals. For those of you that think I make this stuff up, here is the link from the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...=sec-artsliving

Edit for clarification: Before some Rounder publicist gets up in arms, I am not claiming there will not be future RPAK collaborations. But it looks like everyone has taken on alternate projects for the summer.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Looks like T Bone and the Raising Sand band have found a new niche project, Elvis Costello and the Sugercanes. And Buddy will be making several appearances with "Three Girls and their Buddy" at summer music festivals. For those of you that think I make this stuff up, here is the link from the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...=sec-artsliving

Edit for clarification: Before some Rounder publicist gets up in arms, I am not claiming there will not be future RPAK collaborations. But it looks like everyone has taken on alternate projects for the summer.

Hmm, are there words about Alison working and touring with Union Station too? I remember hearing about this.

Hmm, are there words about Alison working and touring with Union Station too? I remember hearing about this.

Yes, that rumor is going around as well. That is the Nashville business model, work, work, work, work. I personally see the toll of constant grinding, recording, tour tour tour in my friends and neighbors. Wish some of them could slow down a little, but I guess it is the "strike while you are hot" philosophy.

Yes, that rumor is going around as well. That is the Nashville business model, work, work, work, work. I personally see the toll of constant grinding, recording, tour tour tour in my friends and neighbors. Wish some of them could slow down a little, but I guess it is the "strike while you are hot" philosophy.

wow, thank you for "Kentucky scoop", Kentuckygirl! Anyway, it's been way too quiet lately, I thought that something's not happening just yet. Please keep us posted on what Allison and T-Bone are up to, they were so great on Raising Sand. :) Anyone knows what's Robert up to (except for taking a break)?...

wow, thank you for "Kentucky scoop", Kentuckygirl! Anyway, it's been way too quiet lately, I thought that something's not happening just yet. Please keep us posted on what Allison and T-Bone are up to, they were so great on Raising Sand. :) Anyone knows what's Robert up to (except for taking a break)?...

Sorry, I don't know anything about Robert. I only know about all the summer work the others (Raising Sand band) have planned.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Robert. I only know about all the summer work the others (Raising Sand band) have planned.

Thanks for this. But maybe not, as the rumor mill will start churning once again on this board once again, with that bit of news. As Curtis Mayfield once said, "People Get Ready!".

What bit of news are we supposed to be starting rumors about? :unsure: I'm ready, just point me in the right direction! :D

Robert's schedule is now open and Jimmy has new projects in his pocket. So 2+2=?

Did I just say it, really?

Robert's schedule is now open and Jimmy has new projects in his pocket. So 2+2=?

Did I just say it, really?

Jimmy has new projects? You mean, not the old project that he pulled the plug on, but the new projects that he's always talking about but that we never seem to see? (Those projects always sounded Robert-free, but who knows? :D )

Jimmy has new projects? You mean, not the old project that he pulled the plug on, but the new projects that he's always talking about but that we never seem to see? (Those projects always sounded Robert-free, but who knows? :D )

Hey, those are not my words nor Jimmy's. :angry:

"a variety of different projects he has ongoing", remember now?

Hey, those are not my words nor Jimmy's. :angry:

"a variety of different projects he has ongoing", remember now?

Sorry. I know they were Ross's words, I was only joking about the fact that we never seem to see a lot of Jimmy's projects. I wasn't suggesting you made it up or something. I don't know why I get myself misunderstood so often but I really apologize.

Sorry. I know they were Ross's words, I was only joking about the fact that we never seem to see a lot of Jimmy's projects. I wasn't suggesting you made it up or something. I don't know why I get myself misunderstood so often but I really apologize.

:o Dear, PM on the way.

An interesting analysis of Robert and Alison's cover of "Battle of Evermore" they did in June last year at Merriweather Post Pavilion: Lefsetz Letter

author's "sexual innuendos" aside, I am curious what that album of Led Zep covers by Robert and Alison could be like.... :coffee:

Archived