Old Interview with Jimmy Page

shiela

Thanks I enjoyed this article. It was really a magical time in rock music when rock musicians talked about their music and views and not their private lives. Anyway enough of rhetorics. It's really cool reading interviews from Jimmy Page who, like Robert, has a very interesting outtake. I guess it's what transcends into their music, very distinct.

I found this a time ago on the net. I don´t know from where and what time it was made

It's from the April 22nd 1972 issue of Disc and Music Echo, a UK magazine. I believe it is

one of the earliest, if not first, interviews wherein his interest in Crowley is expressed.

I liked the quote:

"At least as musicians we aren't doing any environmental or moral damage".

Would you call trashing hotel rooms environmental damage? :lol:

And how about the shark incident? Would you call that moral damage? :lol:

I am not judging them, just pointing out the obvious.

I liked the quote:

"Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Can You Hear Me Now! :lol:

ashay_and_nicoles_062.jpg

I liked the quote:

I guess whether they were personally unrelated to Jimmy. :D

The part where my attention was attracted most was this..

''Aleister Crowley doesn't have an high opinion of women and I don't think he is wrong".

This was also written in Richie York's first LZ bio book (published in 1976) and Yorke wrote that ''As a matter of course, that viewpoint may have some relation to Page's evaluation for vamps who have sprung up in rock scene.''

It's from the April 22nd 1972 issue of Disc and Music Echo, a UK magazine. I believe it is

one of the earliest, if not first, interviews wherein his interest in Crowley is expressed.

Thank you for the info.

you know everything about led zep, don´t you? :D

I guess whether they were personally unrelated to Jimmy. :D

The part where my attention was attracted most was this..

''Aleister Crowley doesn't have an high opinion of women and I don't think he is wrong".

This was also written in Richie York's first LZ bio book (published in 1976) and Yorke wrote that ''As a matter of course, that viewpoint may have some relation to Page's evaluation for vamps who have sprung up in rock scene.''

That was also the most attracting part for me.

But the major difference between Jimmy Page and Aleister Crowley, Jimmy slept with alot more women.

That was also the most attracting part for me.

But the major difference between Jimmy Page and Aleister Crowley, Jimmy slept with alot more women.

Yes that's right.

But he never destroyed his family life by those acts. I can find the meaning of the difference between love and sex for the men in this respect.

Jimmy was doubtless despising vamps in rock scene,but he used them for his fun during tours.(was this also Crowley's teaching?? B) ) This is generally an impossible act for the women.

Yes that's right.

But he never destroyed his family life by those acts. I can find the meaning of the difference between love and sex for the men in this respect.

Jimmy was doubtless despising vamps in rock scene,but he used them for his fun during tours.(was this also Crowley's teaching?? B) ) This is generally an impossible act for the women.

Ah I see you editted the link away. Some of the comments there are so highly amusing. B)

Yorke wrote that ''As a matter of course, that viewpoint may have some relation to Page's evaluation for vamps who have sprung up in rock scene.''

I've always thought Jimmy was either pissed at someone in particular or hurt about something when he said this and maybe trying to get back at that person (wouldn't be the first time he used the press for that purpose). I've said I hate the opposite sex on many occasions...but it's just venting.

I've always thought Jimmy was either pissed at someone in particular or hurt about something when he said this and maybe trying to get back at that person (wouldn't be the first time he used the press for that purpose). I've said I hate the opposite sex on many occasions...but it's just venting.

Yeah.. i think so too, because sometimes it really sounds like he´s trying to get back at someone. :huh:

I found this a time ago on the net..i don´t know from where and what time it was made.but it´s interesting. :D

disc042272page.jpg

disc42272text.jpg

Cripes, he said his anti-woman comment to a female journalist, the nervy bugger. Thank you for the article, Shiela.

I wish a contemporary journalist would have the cojones to ask Jimmy about this. Hopefully, James at 65 has a different outlook than James at 27. Either way, it would be interesting (or possibly appalling!) to ask him about his attitude to women now.

I liked best Page's take on the modern, capitalistic world we (still) live in:

"Why should people automatically assume that they have to fall in with this man-made cycle; go to work and manufacture stuff so you can get a bit of money to buy manufactured goods(?)."

Hippy-dippy rhetoric? Sure, to an extent. But even today some people can still "drop out" and live naturally. Reminds me of a good friend who has left a large U.S. metropolis to live in a small village along a river in rural Mexico. He says life there is more advanced, more real, and more sincere; a life which is full of joy, happiness and charity. Wish I had his cahunas ... instead, I allowed myself to get tied up in the Rat Race.

As for Jimmy's anti-female remark, I chalk that up to several things: immaturity, something brash to say, or a recent break-up that hurt him. I hope he doesn't feel that way today (I HIGHLY doubt he does, seeing he has married and has daughters), as people who truly believe that about the opposite sex are misguided misogynists and need to get out and see the real world, especially to sit down and visit those who are suffering with incurable disease or disabilities.

• 5 years later...

To me it seems that the anti-female paragraph was edited from several quotes and it's possible some explanation or expansion is missing.

Several of the sentences in that paragraph feel a bit like non sequiturs ... the sentences sort of follow and are related but in other interviews where Jimmy is quoted verbatim, he seems to transition more clearly from topic to topic.

Plus the fact that the interviewer's questions are missing makes me want to take that controversial statement with a grain of salt.

Plus, there's no indicator of vocal tone.

Archived