Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. What next? AGAIN

Guys / Gals - there is nothing else. Let's be clear. Zeppelin didn't spend a lot of time in the studio and when they were in the studio , it was Jimmy's show. Aside from recording and touring , they went there own way. There is nothing else. Zeppelin songs came out of the studio and from the stage most of the time and the songs were written almost impromptu. That's why we love them. That gave the songs the energy and freshness that still survives today in 2017. A lot of bands spend time in the studio individually with members surrounded by session guys , managers, different producers , engineers and assistants. They mange to pull together a song here and there and later the band would fill in the remaining and it would become a b-side or a vaulted song. Zeppelin traveled in a tight group with Jimmy and Peter calling the shots. What the band did as a unit is what you got and it ain't much with 8 studio albums. Springsteen has a ton of stuff as does Dylan, The Stones, U2, Lennon, Petty, ... These bands spent a lot of time in the studio , amongst other musicians and the industry itself. They were in the mix so to speak. Ideas come along and you put it on tape , case closed. Led Zeppelin kept to themselves. It was a tight almost tense filled group. When not in the studio or touring , it was the countrtyside with family away from the studio, hence the lack of publicity and photos. I just don't think, besides live stuff , there is anything out there. Seriously , was the Zep 4 additional cd with the songs in there scaled down versions really a revelation ?!!. If one didn't give a sharp listen besides the instrumentals , it would seem the as the released version. Is this all Jimmy has to offer us ? I think it is...
  4. Led Zeppelin's best live performance

Osaka Osaka Osaka 1971 - The intro - Jimmys outro solo on IS is serious shit..the acoustics ..Tangerine - the Percy banter - the group infighting w a drunk Bonzo- Moby Dick marching snare patterns -Pennies from heaven in middle of DAC- all systems full throttle- no drugs !!!
  5. What next? AGAIN

IMHO using something from back in the day, from their former selves and building it up via their current selves is really interesting. To me it was part of the attraction of the o2 gig seeing how they tackled it, how the strength of the material stacked up against everything that had come after it was written and then before it was now being performed. I think led zeppelin is not just an era, collections of tracks, four specific blokes etc IMHO it’s like a way of approaching music that’s stood the test of time. o2 proved it to me and I reckon plant uses the same approach in his solo work. So I see no reason why Swan Song
  6. 2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

As keeper of the NFL pool, I can assure you there was no concern on my part regarding Walter submitting yours and Junior's picks. No need for you to break "radio silence" so-to-speak. But now that you have, may I extend a hearty NFL pool welcome to Mrs. W in the flesh! We have enjoyed the added competition you and your son provide on a weekly basis. Thanksgiving Blessings to you and your family. Have you been lurking around here all this time you bloody Limey?!? 😮😜😁 Welcome chillumpuffer and maybe one of these days you'll submit your picks, too!
  7. The Ashes Are On Again

Bris Vegas forecast for Sat & Sunday is rain. Friday is fine tho'
  8. +1. The entire LA 77 run is fantastic, and I personally think the Badgeholders version is a strong contender for the best version of Stairway ever. Page's solo there is very lyrical. It's like he's telling a story or taking us on an epic journey. I'd throw in the version from Landover 5/30 in there as well:
  9. Surely the song not being performed that well after 1973 would make anyone like to perform it a bit less, but it was like that with all songs they played so that got him into not liking Led Zeppelin in general that much. I think he just doesn't like the song that much, the lyrics aswell and he had to perform it at every concert and it had a slow build up and lots od parts were performed very similary every time. I'm not saying he doesn't like ballads or build ups or repetitive parts, but there are specifics to this song that can make it a bit annoying, if you don't like it that much. It's not annoying to me. Rebelling against it just because it's so successful is not in Plant's style in my opinion, it would be tabloid 'just to look cool' kind of stuff. I'm sure he is not against the reunion because Zep were so successful either.
  10. 2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! 😘
  11. The Rest in Peace Thread

Cassidy was a real class act, he will be missed.
  12. 2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

A Note to Gambling Rick: Dear GR, I felt the need to join the forum and speak out after learning of the personal attack you launched against Walter earlier this week. It is unfortunate you can not come to terms with the fact that you could be consistently beaten by a woman and a fourteen year old in the football pick pool. In spite of this, may I assure you, this is, in fact, the truth. Walter, Walter, Jr. and I enjoy competing against one another and other forum members for bragging rights. I can assure you, Jr. and I make our own picks, independently, without any assistance or input from Walter. If you find that you are unable to accept these truths, may I respectfully suggest you consider dropping out of the pool, as the beatings inflicted by both Jr. and me will continue throughout the remainder of the season. Continued losses by you do not warrant personal attacks waged against Walter. (Isn't it insult enough that Jr. and I beat him on a weekly basis too?) I wish you and your family a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving! Sincerely yours, Mrs. Walter (aka Mrs. Perfect Pick week #8)
  13. 2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

A heartfelt Thanksgiving welcome to the lovely Mrs Walter!!! Looks like a good day to be hanging out at your place
  14. Unpopular opinions re live shows

Oh yes, I agree on that. It sounded like Jones was tripping balls or something during his organ solo, its just all over the place. Sounded as if Richard Wright took over for a spell, its that strange.
  15. Happy Thanksgiving

Here are some early morning pics and a recent in oven photo:
  16. There were several excellent Page solos on STH in 77' & 80'. Of course he was not consistent as a player post 75' but when he nailed it, he NAILED it. The entire NY & LA runs 77' STH are fantastic as well as Chicago 4-10 & Pontiac. Even Seattle is not too bad and those are only the shows from 77' I have listened to except for Ft. Worth which is just a mediocre show at best IMO. Of course the 7-24-79 version is one of the best as well, everyone is in top form on this one.
  17. Best LIVE VERSION of Ten Years Gone?

Yes yes !! Copenhagen is terrific with that solo. It baffles me why Jimmy couldn't nail the solo most of the time. It always seemed like a struggle until the solo days with Robert. He sounds like a 10 th grader with his first guitar at times. I cringe when I hear it. The 1977 boots had JPJ very low with no bottom and i'm assuming it sounded better if one were in the audience. I also like Robert in the 1977 versions on the bridge after the solo. He comes in strong. Studio wise, one of his best lyrical solos.
  18. 2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

Welcome Mrs. Walter!
  19. 2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

Mrs Walter ?? Your are most Welcome to the forum. Marvellous. That Turkey in yet?
  20. Favorite/Best version of Since I've Been Loving You

Hands down without going any further - Pure Blues Live boot - Plant is incredible. This version really made me realize how good he his as he rephrases portions of the verse intros. He also gives it a different key when the second - " to eleven every night " comes and and so forth during the song. Page is low in the mix but Percy and JB are up front. This is Plant reaching or near his peak. Powerful. Play it real loud !!!
  21. 2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

Detroit Dallas Washington
  22. 2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

I thought the swamp was Giants Stadium too, until ebk’s logical explanation. Walter: Minnesota Dallas Washington Walter Jr: Detroit Dallas Washington
  23. The Rest in Peace Thread

Also on the teenage ebk's wall... A sad day.
  24. Happy Thanksgiving

Because of the fairly recent adoption of Black Friday here in the UK I now know that Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday. So Happy Thanksgiving USA.. I'm now wondering how long it will be before people here start celebrating the day, it's often said that things from the U.S gradually make their way here. Still not sure what it's all about though, yeah I know google is my friend and it's all only a couple of clicks away, maybe later..
  1. Load more activity