Jay Leno disses Plant, says he looks like The Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz

dpat

Jay Leno during the monologue beginning his Tonight Show (on Monday, Feb. 9th) evidently caught the Grammys and asked the audience (paraphrasing), "When did Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin turn into the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz?"

They then showed on the screen a side by side comparion of the two (Percy and Cowardly Lion).

I took a couple of tries myself at their comparison:

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=3379777

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=3379572

Robert again was confronted with the inevitable question Sunday in the post-Grammy interview tent about his future involvement in any Zeppelin tour.

"How old are you, man?" Plant responded. "Because you look older than me. You try to do 'Communication Breakdown' in these pants."

BDE39EDF-9615-AD22-B5792DB4102FF49F.jpg

Edited by dpat

Jay Leno during the monologue beginning his Tonight Show (on Monday, Feb. 9th) evidently caught the Grammys and asked the audience (paraphrasing), "When did Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin turn into the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz?"

They then showed on the screen a side by side comparion of the two (Percy and Cowardly Lion).

I took a couple of tries myself at their comparison:

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=3379777

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=3379572

Robert again was confronted with the inevitable question Sunday in the post-Grammy interview tent about his future involvement in any Zeppelin tour.

"How old are you, man?" Plant responded. "Because you look older than me. You try to do 'Communication Breakdown' in these pants."

BDE39EDF-9615-AD22-B5792DB4102FF49F.jpg

SEE POST #2 IN THIS THREAD

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=8224

Maybe twins lol who's jay lenno? must be someone we dont get in the uk.

I'm in the UK and have heard of Jay Leno. I've never seen him on TV but he writes a column in the Sunday Times' "In Gear" section, on the subject of cars - the column's title is "Motormouth". All I recall of him is his photo - silver hair and an over-developed lower jaw, though :rolleyes:

what? :mellow:

<H1 class=contentTitle>Grammy Winners Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Discussed on Howard Stern 2/9/09</H1>February 09, 2009 10:27 AM EST (Updated: February 09, 2009 03:36 PM EST) views: 371 | rating: 8.6/10 (10 votes) | comments: 18 function resetForm(formId){ var form = document.getElementById(formId); if(form) { form.reset(); }}inter.jpgGrammy winners Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were dissected today on Howard Stern. Stern said Robert Plant is unrecognizable from his former Led Zeppelin self. Stern said he remembered when Robert Plant wore belly shirts and platform shoes, he said now Robert Plant looks like he's from somewhere in "Middle Earth". Howard went on to say Robert Plant looks so bad, he could have starred in "The Wrestler" and, just like Mickey Rourke, he wouldn't have had to wear any make-up. The Stern Show Grammy dissection continued when the crew admitted none of them had any idea who Alison Krauss was.

inter.jpgRobert Plant, the 60-year-old lead singer of the iconic rock band Led Zeppelin, and 37-year-old bluegrass fiddler Alison Krauss teamed up last year to release the CD "Raising Sun" - the collaboration earned the unlikely pair five Grammy Awards last night. Robert Plant said "In the old days we would have called this selling out. But it's a nice way to spend a Sunday." The Stern crew got a kick out of that.

Alison Krauss was actually on Gather last April promoting the "Raising Sand" CD. If you'd like, you can read Alison's posts about working with Robert Plant and check out her Gather profile.

Peace & Love

Keep up with everything happening on The Howard Stern show. Visit my Gather Group howardstern.gather.com

Last week on Howard Stern, Howard interviewed director Ron inter.jpgHoward about his daughter Bryce Howard's brush with the Christain Bale meltdown

Robert Plant, the 60-year-old lead singer of the iconic rock band Led Zeppelin, and 37-year-old bluegrass fiddler Alison Krauss teamed up last year to release the CD "Raising Sun" - the collaboration earned the unlikely pair five Grammy Awards last night.

:huh:

(I wouldn't get too upset about what comedians say about Robert, btw, people--it's nice to see him on the front-burner for once. :D )

It's called a "joke" and it's something people called "comedians" tell for these things called "laughs". It's weird, I know. A diss would have been an insult. I don't think Leno insulted him, although some people around here have a thin skin when it comes to the boys in the band.

It's Jay Leno's job to tell crappy jokes for about 15 minutes before the interviews/musical performances begin.