STAIRWAY LIVE

zoso

AFTER ZEPPELIN PERFORMED STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN AT THE 1988 ATLANTIC RECORDS SHOW, PLANT SAID HE WOULD NEVER SING IT AGAIN.

NAME THE ONLY TIME IT HAS BEEN PLAYED SINCE.

YEAR AND COUNTRY.

AFTER ZEPPELIN PERFORMED STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN AT THE 1988 ATLANTIC RECORDS SHOW, PLANT SAID HE WOULD NEVER SING IT AGAIN.

YEAR AND COUNTRY.

Page and Plant did an abbreviated acoustic version that appeared on a Japanese TV show hosted by Hiroshi Kume in 1994. Readily available on YouTube -- it's actually pretty good, but no solo.

Page and Plant did an abbreviated acoustic version that appeared on a Japanese TV show hosted by Hiroshi Kume in 1994. Readily available on YouTube -- it's actually pretty good, but no solo.

excellent work!!

Robert said "...after you sing Stairway to much, it starts to lose its meaning"

or something like that.

Sure, take that quote at face value. He sang it three times between 1985 and 1994. He sang it zero times in the next period of that length. If he sings it once in 2007, you're telling me that's too much?

Every time Led Zeppelin has reunited in front of a paying audience, Stairway was there. Absolutely, it will happen this year.

YEAR AND COUNTRY.

1994 in Japan Jim!!

Craig

People underrate other Zep songs due to Stairway to Heaven...

i agree to this... people, til now i dont still get the meaning of this song.. even page and jones dont know what the lyrics is all about.. i wonder what's spinning in plant's head hmmm <_<

i agree to this... people, til now i dont still get the meaning of this song.. even page and jones dont know what the lyrics is all about.. i wonder what's spinning in plant's head hmmm <_<

I totally agree... I prefer other productions like moby dick or kashimir, yeah yeah im a drumer, but stairway takes credit for other songs that are much better, ive confirmed it

I love Stairway to Heaven, he may sing it,knowing so many new fans have not heard it sung by Led Zeppelin. :rolleyes:
And they never will......the use of the name Led Zeppelin at the 02 arena is homage to Ahmet Ertegun....nothing more. The truth is that it's a reunion of Page, Plant, and JPJ....not Led Zeppelin. No Bonzo = no Zep.

I doubt you'll hear Stairway at the O2....Robert is pretty firm about not singing it.

Jimmy may do an abbreviated solo of S2H like he did a couple of times during the P/P Tours.

I'd rather hear Achilles Last Stand anyway.

I think it's an absolute guarantee that they will play Stairway, especially since it's for charity and the tickets were quite expensive (not to mention travel expenses for many fans going).

And they never will......the use of the name Led Zeppelin at the 02 arena is homage to Ahmet Ertegun....nothing more. The truth is that it's a reunion of Page, Plant, and JPJ....not Led Zeppelin. No Bonzo = no Zep.

I agree, with that, Zeppelin ceased to exist the day the greatest rock drummer in history "John Henry Bonham" passed away, however having watched Jason Bonham live with Page in '88' he is the closest they can get!!!

Sure, take that quote at face value. He sang it three times between 1985 and 1994. He sang it zero times in the next period of that length. If he sings it once in 2007, you're telling me that's too much?

Every time Led Zeppelin has reunited in front of a paying audience, Stairway was there. Absolutely, it will happen this year.

yea, i agree with you. however, STH is my favorite Led Zeppelin song and i would like to hear it, but like you said, i doubt it.

People underrate other Zep songs due to Stairway to Heaven...

that's not true at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived