paul mccartney...

LedZep1969

Oh definately, because 'Press To Play' beats 'Sgt Pepper' easily as an album :P And most critics agree that 'Give My Regards To Broad Street' was artistically and cinematographically a far superior film to 'A Hard Day's Night'.

:lol:<_<

If you want to discuss Paul's solo years - I'd say his best albums IMO were with Wings.

Unfortunately for all of the former Beatles the greatness of that bands work makes it tough to get out from under the giant shadow they cast. Paul's post Beatles work is great, I like how complicated stuff like Live And Let Die is. He did some great stuff. I didn't realize how great he was until I saw him live, he puts on a great show and he can really brutalize his lefty Les Paul. As a guitarist he is underrated, he can bring it.

Oh definately, because 'Press To Play' beats 'Sgt Pepper' easily as an album :P And most critics agree that 'Give My Regards To Broad Street' was artistically and cinematographically a far superior film to 'A Hard Day's Night'.

what a load of horse shit.

'a hard days night' is considered one of the best, if not THE BEST rock music film ever made. it is even considered one of the top 10 films ever made by roger ebert, who used to teach a class about the film at northwestern.

if you prefer 'press to play' over 'pepper', well, that is your right, but in my mind, pepper owns one of the greatest songs ever written (a day in the life), which makes this topic moot...

i love paul mccartney and his solo music, have seen him several times and am a huge beatles fan. even paul would thank you for your careful compiling of statistics, but defer to his original band.

the best thing about broad street is JPJ...

edit to add: here is to the hope that 'horsey' is being sarcastic....

Edited by beatbo

I got into Paul's solo work before I got into the Beatles. His work with Wings is amazing

Me too, just had to snip off the last part about those duets. But now I appreciate the Beatles body of work more. The live footage I've seen of Paul solo has him not playing bass, and I'm not sure how much he did the bass parts on his solo albums?

RAM is a pop gem, but I wouldn't compare his solo career with Beatles career. It can't be done. He's a great solo artist non the less.

I agree. That whole album is very good. Monkberry Moon Delight, Admiral Halsey and Smile Away are my favorites. I also like his first solo album simply named "McCartney", "Band on the Run" and the live Wings album from the mid 1970's.

And this one is one of his better ones too. He does a combination of solo and Beatle songs on it.

51BRLqxTEpL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I didn't realize how great he was until I saw him live, he puts on a great show and he can really brutalize his lefty Les Paul. As a guitarist he is underrated, he can bring it.

Probably the best guitar solo from the Beatles, on "Taxman", is Paul. He can tear it up on any instrument he plays. Definately my favorite bass player.

As far as the McCartney solo or Beatles question? I'll take "All Things Must Pass" by George right now over anything Beatles or Beatles related.

Probably the best guitar solo from the Beatles, on "Taxman", is Paul. He can tear it up on any instrument he plays. Definately my favorite bass player.

As far as the McCartney solo or Beatles question? I'll take "All Things Must Pass" by George right now over anything Beatles or Beatles related.

I prefer George's solo work over McCartney's but George was also my favorite Beatle.

I like some of the stuff the Beatles did with their solo work.

Paul: Maybe I'm Amazed, Band on the Run, Silly Love Songs

Ringo: It Don't Come Easy

John: Instant Karma, Imagine, Woman, Watching The Wheels

George: My Sweet Lord, What Is Life

However, I much prefer the work they did together as a band over what they did as solo artists, as much as I do like that work.

Yeah you didn't really pick up on that, did you?

Anyway, Press To Play was one of the first albums, if not the first, album I ever bought. I think I was 10 or 11, anyway I listened to it again last night and it's not as bad as what I thought it was

sorry....perhaps even more smiley cons or whatever would have helped!

'press to play' isn't pete townshend on that?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that 'john lennon's 'plastic ono band' is the greatest solo beatle album....EVER.

sorry....perhaps even more smiley cons or whatever would have helped!

'press to play' isn't pete townshend on that?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that 'john lennon's 'plastic ono band' is the greatest solo beatle album....EVER.

:P:P:P

Yeah actually, Pete Townshend was on that album.

John Lennon Plastic Ono Band is bloody good album.

His latest Firemen project has been getting lots of rave reviews as of late and from what I've heard of it they've very warranted. And, while I agree it's not really fair to compare his solo output to his work with the Beatles it's also somewhat inevitable to do so. That said, I do tend to favor his contributions to the Beatles but I'm also not so quick to dismiss the whole of his solo records over the years.