paul mccartney...

LedZep1969

• 6 months later...

If all the rest of us had authored and sang 'Yesterday' it wouldn't sell. My point is that McCartney's underrated vocals makes him tick more htan anything else.

Different time and place. Sure, if Joe Blow wrote and recorded Yesterday, it might not have caught on or been given a chance.. After all, being in the biggest band in the world does have its advantages. But, Paul McCartney's melodic sense is second to none. He makes it sound so easy.

Not sure what to think of that :wacko: I really loved NEW but not sure about that one!!

This on the other hand... :whistling:;)

Check out that setlist!!

1. (Wings song)
  2. (Live debut)
  3. (Wings song) (with "Foxy Lady" outro)
  4. (Wings song)
  5. (UK Debut)
  6. (The Beatles song) (Solo acoustic, on elevated platform)
  7. (Solo acoustic, on elevated platform)
  8. (Wings song)
  9. (Wings song)
  10. Encore:
  11. (The Beatles song) (UK Debut)
  12. (Wings song)
  13. (The Beatles song) (with Dave Grohl)
  14. Encore 2:
Edited by lcondo123

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Paul McCartney is one of the best songwriters.  Great at coming up with melodies.  He's talented at a number of instruments from bass, to guitar, to drums, to piano and.  He's a strong lyricist, has great concepts in mind and while his vocals aren't amazing from a technical perspective, he can hit the notes he needs to.  He's a jack of all trades, and may be the most well rounded musician of all time.  He generally has made safe marketable songs, but on occasion he has made really progressive songs like Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude and Helter Skelter.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember when people asked each other, "Which beatle is your favorite?" I would tell myself, 'What a silly question to ask somebody.' I later realized that girls asked this question to learn more about boys and see what your personality was closer to.

Now that I'm older and I know more about the Beatles as people I could confidently say that if I were in dire need to choose which Beatle was the most agreeable and mirrored my personal values the most, I would choose Paul McCartney and not some imitator.

• 1 month later...

He’s doing a secret show tonight (most likely on Facebook live at Grand Central “Station” since he was on the Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon last night mentioning it being at a “station” in nyc

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/paul-mccartney-livestream-secret-new-york-concert-720725/.

R😎🎸👍

Edited by reids

1 hour ago, reids said:

He’s doing a secret show tonight (most likely on Facebook live at Grand Central “Station” since he was on the Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon last night mentioning it being at a “station” in nyc

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/paul-mccartney-livestream-secret-new-york-concert-720725/.

R😎🎸👍

Wow!

Thank you Reids,

I saw McCartney of the 4th of July 1990 at RFK Stadium. Fireworks! Everything! Opened with Birthday for our country's birthday.

Paul is very understanding. I was wondering if he would ever do Uncle Albert live.

9 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Wow!

Thank you Reids,

I saw McCartney of the 4th of July 1990 at RFK Stadium. Fireworks! Everything! Opened with Birthday for our country's birthday.

Paul is very understanding. I was wondering if he would ever do Uncle Albert live.

You’re welcome 😊 enjoy 

R😎🎸👍

2 hours ago, reids said:

R😎🎸👍

I watched it, enjoyed it.