What are your favorite lyrics?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Songs

• Thank You
    • Ten Years Gone
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • Other (Please Reply)

I chose Ten Years Gone. Even though I really like Thank You and I think it's a really sweet song, it sort of echoes a lot of sentiments found in a lot of other songs. In other words, TYG is a little more original. Besides the line "We are eagles of one nest, the nest is in our souls" alone is a great line.

Edited by the queen without a king

karac?

I'm so sorry, My mistake, Robert's Plant!

I'm naive.. :P:rolleyes:

Please forgive my misunderstanding!

I'll have to look that up, for I had no idea who that is..

Thank you for that Glicine.

Edited by Penguie

Pardon?

What is that supposed to mean?...

...And if you mean that I am on drugs, you are very mistaken.

I simply like the lyrics, though, maybe I worded things a bit spacey...I had a terrible migraine yesterday...

She means the song is specially beautiful because it was devoted to Karac.

I'm so sorry, My mistake, Robert's Plant!

I'm naive.. :P:rolleyes:

Please forgive my misunderstanding!

I'll have to look that up, for I had no idea who that is..

Thank you for that Glicine.

Just for you, Penguie:

http://familyzepp.piczo.com/?g=28404192&cr=3

Ten Years Gone and Thank You are both in my top five favorite Zep songs...between the two, i would pick Thank You for the lyrics because while they are simple, they say so much. A truly beautiful song.

has to be ten years gone then stairway... ten years gone has my favorite lyric ever its my signature... robert wrote some beautiful and amazing stuff that he doesnt get much credit for.. doesnt give himself enough credit either! thank you is great too but i think this is bs but zep haters will say the first few lines were taken from hendrix when in reality they are general lyrics that can be used by anybody.. done way b4 hendrix.. but my point is ten years gone because even the zep haters who will critique zep forever cant say anything true or mostly bullshit about plants lyrics....no one can make an accusation is what im saying about ten years gone and most of zeppelins songs.. just pointing out the thank you similarity but used by many is all im saying.. stairway has the most imagery though.. but ten years gone is phenomenal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I would have to go with The Rain Song-it is so romantic and perfect

I think Since I've Been Loving You is too, though I picked Ten Years Gone. I love that first line. It's so elegant. "Than as it was/then again it will be..."

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't go wrong with the lyrics to Tangerine. I love those lyrics more and more with each listen. :D

I'm with you. I recently re-fell-in-love with Tangerine....so TODAY...it has my favorite lyrics. That could change by tomorrow...

post-16971-0-73160500-1301693037_thumb.j