Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Recommended Posts

I thought politics isn't supposed to be discussed. Every time it's brought up, you all get into attacking each other and making generalizations, particularly at Liberals which is ridiculous to say we all think/act the same way. It's very uninviting to be in this thread or really many others. Don't know why respect isn't enforced as well as accepting differences of views without it being an attack.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the posted speech Trump made regarding Black History month...what an utter disgrace. The man cannot even string a coherent sentence together, nor can he talk about a single subject without circling back and making it all about Trump. This guy is a buffoon.

Oh, and to the individual who mentioned about the rate of out of wedlock births among African Americans. Well, maybe if the US justice system did not single out black men for mass incarceration those rates would be considerably lower. Now before anyone goes off and claims what I just posted is BS, just remember, former Nixon aide John Ehrlichman claimed as much in interviews that first Nixon, and later Reagan purposely targeted the black community in an effort to neutralize the civil rights movement.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/

After all that has come out over the last 20 years, anyone who believes that one in three black men being incarcerated is not intentional on the part of the government in an effort to ensure the black community remains mostly in poverty, and outside the halls of power is delusional or a racist, take your pick. The fact that 97% of ALL criminal cases are plea bargained down via legal intimidation (if you admit we will give you three years, however if you go to trial and loose you get 30) is an outrage. Not a miscarriage of justice but a goddamned abortion. A right to trial is guaranteed by the constitution, one should not be punished for simply exercising their constitutional given rights but that is what we have. Almost three million incarcerated in the US, more than any other country and more than most other countries combined.

Tough on crime my ass, how about tough on stupidity and ignorance? How about adopting the Norwegian approach to criminal justice which has proven so successful they have the lowest rate of recidivism in the world. How about the fact that their crime rates are so low now that they focus on rehabilitation instead of revenge there jails were virtually empty. So successful were these programs that other European countries are sending Norway their convicts for rehabilitation. But wait, not so fast, some jackass will then comment how "that is impossible in the US, Norway is a homogenous society" or some other dog-whistle bullshit which when one thinks about it carries as much weight and meaning as a fart in the wind. People are people, regardless of color or nation and we all want the same things. To live in peace, raise our children, have some vacation time during the year, and eventually retire and enjoy what the day brings. However it is always the greedy bastards whereby that is never enough, they must have a caste system to make them feel superior and stoke their egos. It is never enough that they win, nope, everyone else must lose in the process otherwise the victory is hollow. In the past it was the Blacks, the Chinese, the Irish, the Jews, and the Italians. The immigrant who does not look like you or pray like you. Someone has got to be the scapegoat, someone has got to be on the bottom, so once again it is the Blacks and the Mexicans, with some Muslims thrown in for good measure, after all, nice to keep it interesting right.

So sleep tight, and don't let the bedbugs bite. Once the trade wars start and the US economy make 1932 look like the good old days, the only things we will have to eat are those bedbugs.

Edited by IpMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, IpMan said:

From the posted speech Trump made regarding Black History month...what an utter disgrace. The man cannot even string a coherent sentence together, nor can he talk about a single subject without circling back and making it all about Trump. This guy is a buffoon.

Oh, and to the individual who mentioned about the rate of out of wedlock births among African Americans. Well, maybe if the US justice system did not single out black men for mass incarceration those rates would be considerably lower. Now before anyone goes off and claims what I just posted is BS, just remember, former Nixon aide John Ehrlichman claimed as much in interviews that first Nixon, and later Reagan purposely targeted the black community in an effort to neutralize the civil rights movement.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/

After all that has come out over the last 20 years, anyone who believes that one in three black men being incarcerated is not intentional on the part of the government in an effort to ensure the black community remains mostly in poverty, and outside the halls of power is delusional or a racist, take your pick. The fact that 97% of ALL criminal cases are plea bargained down via legal intimidation (if you admit we will give you three years, however if you go to trial and loose you get 30) is an outrage. Not a miscarriage of justice but a goddamned abortion. A right to trial is guaranteed by the constitution, one should not be punished for simply exercising their constitutional given rights but that is what we have. Almost three million incarcerated in the US, more than any other country and more than most other countries combined.

Tough on crime my ass, how about tough on stupidity and ignorance? How about adopting the Norwegian approach to criminal justice which has proven so successful they have the lowest rate of recidivism in the world. How about the fact that their crime rates are so low now that they focus on rehabilitation instead of revenge there jails were virtually empty. So successful were these programs that other European countries are sending Norway their convicts for rehabilitation. But wait, not so fast, some jackass will then comment how "that is impossible in the US, Norway is a homogenous society" or some other dog-whistle bullshit which when one thinks about it carries as much weight and meaning as a fart in the wind. People are people, regardless of color or nation and we all want the same things. To live in peace, raise our children, have some vacation time during the year, and eventually retire and enjoy what the day brings. However it is always the greedy bastards whereby that is never enough, they must have a caste system to make them feel superior and stoke their egos. It is never enough that they win, nope, everyone else must lose in the process otherwise the victory is hollow. In the past it was the Blacks, the Chinese, the Irish, the Jews, and the Italians. The immigrant who does not look like you or pray like you. Someone has got to be the scapegoat, someone has got to be on the bottom, so once again it is the Blacks and the Mexicans, with some Muslims thrown in for good measure, after all, nice to keep it interesting right.

So sleep tight, and don't let the bedbugs bite. Once the trade wars start and the US economy make 1932 look like the good old days, the only things we will have to eat are those bedbugs.

No sale, and as a by the way drawing any comparisons between Norway and the United States is an apples to oranges comparison.

If recidivism is low in Norway, it is PREDOMINANTLY because they do have a fucking homogenous, low crime society to begin with!

People aren't people. Gonna educate you now so get ready to hug it out in your safe space: some cultures ARE superior to others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big thumbs up to online culture.....the place where every anonymous troll can spit out his vitriol without getting punched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

No sale, and as a by the way drawing any comparisons between Norway and the United States is an apples to oranges comparison.

If recidivism is low in Norway, it is PREDOMINANTLY because they do have a fucking homogenous, low crime society to begin with!

People aren't people. Gonna educate you now so get ready to hug it out in your safe space: some cultures ARE superior to others.  

You better hope that one day you're Japanese counterpart does not come to power, otherwise, it may be you who is considered the inferior culture and formally treated as such.

How is it that the Japanese refer to white European / Americans? Oh yes, barbarians, Gaijin, inferior. How ironic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really makes me wonder why people go on quiz shows. I mean some are incredibly tough and kudos to those who do well on them. But some are easy and woe betide the dimwit who fails on them. Point in question was this..

I just happened to glance on a UK quiz called The Chase yesterday. A question was put to a total thicky who found this question taxing.

In which SCOTTISH city would the locals be called Dundeenians? ( For anyone who doesn't live in the UK, it's Dundee)

After thinking for a second or two he calmly answered "Cardiff". What a buffoon.

In his (tenuous) defence he did say Geography was not his strong point and he did come from London. :slapface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woman in front of me at Target only had two items: a big bag of frozen blueberries and a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide. I don't know what kind of party she was concocting but I am pretty sure it's what caused Violet Beauregarde to turn into a giant blueberry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IpMan said:

You better hope that one day you're Japanese counterpart does not come to power, otherwise, it may be you who is considered the inferior culture and formally treated as such.

How is it that the Japanese refer to white European / Americans? Oh yes, barbarians, Gaijin, inferior. How ironic.

A culture can be considered inferior and treated as such, yet sometimes a culture is inferior because it is intrinsically inferior.

Gaijin (foreign/foreigners)? Yes. Barbarians and inferior, no. Then again, what do I know, I have only lived here for several years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, reswati said:

Big thumbs up to online culture.....the place where every anonymous troll can spit out his vitriol without getting punched.

You are living proof of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

You are living proof of that.

Our butthurt troll from Texas had something to say (Sorry to mention Texas again, but given the time of your posting it would have been 7 in the morning in Tokyo, so..... nice try, but a bit obsolete by now)..............not a single fuck was given.

Edited by reswati
Smiling emoticons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Then again, what do I know, 

Truer words were never written. Good for you Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, reswati said:

Orwellian Newspeak the 2017 way.

My rule of thumb is if something comes from "Fight Club" or the likes of Tomi Lahren or Ben Garrison, it is not worth paying attention to. "Fight Club" is this generation's "Catcher in the Rye"...an all-encompassing excuse to act like a petulant, bratty teenager. There is a good reason why so many serial killers and psychos were found to be big readers of "Catcher in the Rye".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Strider said:

My rule of thumb is if something comes from "Fight Club" or the likes of Tomi Lahren or Ben Garrison, it is not worth paying attention to. "Fight Club" is this generation's "Catcher in the Rye"...an all-encompassing excuse to act like a petulant, bratty teenager. There is a good reason why so many serial killers and psychos were found to be big readers of "Catcher in the Rye".

Funny you mention. I remember reading Catcher in the Rye in 5th grade and all I could think was that Holden Caulfield was a depressing, entitled shithead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, tenyearsgone21 said:

I thought politics isn't supposed to be discussed. Every time it's brought up, you all get into attacking each other and making generalizations, particularly at Liberals which is ridiculous to say we all think/act the same way. It's very uninviting to be in this thread or really many others. Don't know why respect isn't enforced as well as accepting differences of views without it being an attack.

 

Hi 'tenyearsgone21'! How's it goin'? :) I hate US Politics. I'm more interested in geopolitics to be honest with you. I find it more intriguing to see how leaders interact with their counterparts from other countries. But I agree that there doesn't have to be attacks. That's just extremists from both sides of the false left-right paradigm. So this video is for you and people who can lighten up whether on the left or right. These are funny. :lol:

 

And this bottom one is specifically for Worthington. Notice how an accordion can make one's paws look bigger. Hands down!

So lighten up Lefties and Righties. Just be glad to be alive. We live in a most interesting age, right? :lol: 

Edited by apantherfrommd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walter's picture shows that he is sad because of the countries selected: Libya, Sudan, Yemen, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria. Walter's pic suggests it is because of none of these country's business ties are with Trump. He chooses the picture from Bloomberg (liberal).com

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, IpMan said:

 Great, lets keep those Saudi's coming, after all, what could possibly happen????

Gee, its not like there is a conflict of interest involved or Mr. Trump has financial ties to...oh, whoops, thats right, the countries NOT on the list all have Trump business interests. Ok, one must prioritize. Trump interests first, Americas whenever they don't conflict with Trump's.

Ok. Countries selected: Libya, Somalia, and Yemen,  Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria

President Trump is not suspending visas from countries his team selected, they are simply suspending visa approval from countries President Obama selected. All President Trump is doing is taking the same action as Obama 2013, and applying Visa restrictions to the nation states Obama selected in 2015 and 2016. The President Obama Department of Homeland Security already targeted those seven listed countries for the past several years as nations of concern.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/02/18/dhs-announces-further-travel-restrictions-visa-waiver-program Release Date: February 18, 2016 For Immediate Release DHS Press Office Libya, Somalia, and Yemen

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/01/21/united-states-begins-implementation-changes-visa-waiver-program January 21, 2016 Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria

*Notice the dates*

I know Walter wears the tin foil hat, but IpMan, I'm curious. What media did you use to find out about the financial ties not being in those countries? This isn't a judgement. I'd like to know the media from where you acquired the info. Because it would seem that kind of media is the kind that divides us, and laying in conspiracy theories. aka fake news. You're smart. If it can fool you, it can fool a lot of people.

Best wishes of health and happiness to your and yours, IpMan. No disrespect meant. MSM gets the best of us all sometimes. I agree witchya you on Arabia. 9/11 didn't come from Iraq or Afghanistan. Take care. Best to you and yours. 

Edited by apantherfrommd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Walter's picture shows that he is sad because of the countries selected: Libya, Sudan, Yemen, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria. Walter's pic suggests it is because of none of these country's business ties are with Trump. He chooses the picture from Bloomberg (liberal).com

Ok. Countries selected: Libya, Somalia, and Yemen,  Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria

President Trump is not suspending visas from countries his team selected, they are simply suspending visa approval from countries President Obama selected. All President Trump is doing is taking the same action as Obama 2013, and applying Visa restrictions to the nation states Obama selected in 2015 and 2016. The President Obama Department of Homeland Security already targeted those seven listed countries for the past several years as nations of concern.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/02/18/dhs-announces-further-travel-restrictions-visa-waiver-program Release Date: February 18, 2016 For Immediate Release DHS Press Office Libya, Somalia, and Yemen

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/01/21/united-states-begins-implementation-changes-visa-waiver-program January 21, 2016 Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria

*Notice the dates*

I know Walter wears the tin foil hat, but IpMan, I'm curious. What media did you use to find out about the financial ties not being in those countries? This isn't a judgement. I'd like to know the media from where you acquired the info. Because it would seem that kind of media is the kind that divides us, and laying in conspiracy theories. aka fake news. You're smart. If it can fool you, it can fool a lot of people.

Best wishes of health and happiness to your and yours, IpMan. No disrespect meant. MSM gets the best of us all sometimes. I agree witchya you on Arabia. 9/11 didn't come from Iraq or Afghanistan. Take care. Best to you and yours. 

Hey my man, what's up my friend? The info sourced was from the BBC. Also, the big question, and this is not just regarding Trump but ALL presidents since 9/11 is why is Saudi Arabia not been isolated and all ties cut with the House of Saudi? Saudi Arabia is the #1 sponsor of terrorism abroad and accounts for more than 95% of all terror attacks outside the middle east yet we are still besties? 15 of the 19 9/11 terrorists were fro Saudi Arabia yet they are the one country we never fuck with. Al Queda and ISIS are both sponsored and funded by Saudi Arabia, both terrorist organizations are Wahaabist just like Saudi Arabia. None of the countries on Trump's list have ever had citizens which conducted terrorist attacks against the US yet the countries which have are the ones NOT on the list. The whole thing makes no sense outside of Trump's business ties however on a much deeper and more important level, why has no administration held Saudi Arabia accountable? I understand oil is the obvious answer but they are not the only dealer in town, and, due to natural gas, tar sands, solar, and wind the US gets almost 93% of all energy either domestically or from Canada so the time is long past to give the House of Saud it's walking papers.We do not need Saudi Arabia, they need us so, when is Trump, or anyone for that matter, gonna start making some great deals, I mean YUGE deals? I doubt Trump is gonna kill that golden goose though as he has very deep business ties and interests to Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Qatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Hey my man, what's up my friend? The info sourced was from the BBC. Also, the big question, and this is not just regarding Trump but ALL presidents since 9/11 is why is Saudi Arabia not been isolated and all ties cut with the House of Saudi? Saudi Arabia is the #1 sponsor of terrorism abroad and accounts for more than 95% of all terror attacks outside the middle east yet we are still besties? 15 of the 19 9/11 terrorists were fro Saudi Arabia yet they are the one country we never fuck with. Al Queda and ISIS are both sponsored and funded by Saudi Arabia, both terrorist organizations are Wahaabist just like Saudi Arabia. None of the countries on Trump's list have ever had citizens which conducted terrorist attacks against the US yet the countries which have are the ones NOT on the list. The whole thing makes no sense outside of Trump's business ties however on a much deeper and more important level, why has no administration held Saudi Arabia accountable? I understand oil is the obvious answer but they are not the only dealer in town, and, due to natural gas, tar sands, solar, and wind the US gets almost 93% of all energy either domestically or from Canada so the time is long past to give the House of Saud it's walking papers.We do not need Saudi Arabia, they need us so, when is Trump, or anyone for that matter, gonna start making some great deals, I mean YUGE deals? I doubt Trump is gonna kill that golden goose though as he has very deep business ties and interests to Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Qatar.

Ok, IpMan I'm going to educate you. First, Saudi Arabia is not the #1 sponsor of terrorism abroad and does not account for more than 95% of all terror attacks outside the middle east. It is true that the majority of 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, HOWEVER they were all affiliated with al-Queda, a jihadist organization seeking, among other things, to overthrow the Saudi royal family. Bin Laden was aided and abetted by the Taliban in Afghanistan as well as the Pakistanis. Geographically, he operated from Pakistan and Afghanistan, not Saudi Arabia.

Strategically, Saudi Arabia remains an important Middle Eastern ally for the United States. The US economy is heavily dependent upon Saudi oil, and Saudi Arabia has shown a willingness in the past to allow US forces to use their territory not only to defend the kingdom but to take the fight to their neighbors. When and if the US should go to war with Iran, Saudi cooperation, land and airspace will be invaluable. Finally, Saudi Arabia is not experiencing a mass exodus of refugees. If they did, they may have been added to the list, but they don't, so they aren't. Personally, I prefer a five year ban on ALL immigration to the United States, but that's a point of contention for another day.

In closing, renewable energy in the United States accounted for only 13.44 percent of the domestically produced electricity in 2015. Suffice to say your assertion that "the US gets almost 93% of all energy either domestically or from Canada" is preposterous and wholly inaccurate. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Ok, IpMan I'm going to educate you. First, Saudi Arabia is not the #1 sponsor of terrorism abroad and does not account for more than 95% of all terror attacks outside the middle east. It is true that the majority of 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, HOWEVER they were all affiliated with al-Queda, a jihadist organization seeking, among other things, to overthrow the Saudi royal family. Bin Laden was aided and abetted by the Taliban in Afghanistan as well as the Pakistanis. Geographically, he operated from Pakistan and Afghanistan, not Saudi Arabia.

Strategically, Saudi Arabia remains an important Middle Eastern ally for the United States. The US economy is heavily dependent upon Saudi oil, and Saudi Arabia has shown a willingness in the past to allow US forces to use their territory not only to defend the kingdom but to take the fight to their neighbors. When and if the US should go to war with Iran, Saudi cooperation, land and airspace will be invaluable. Finally, Saudi Arabia is not experiencing a mass exodus of refugees. If they did, they may have been added to the list, but they don't, so they aren't. Personally, I prefer a five year ban on ALL immigration to the United States, but that's a point of contention for another day.

In closing, renewable energy in the United States accounted for only 13.44 percent of the domestically produced electricity in 2015. Suffice to say your assertion that "the US gets almost 93% of all energy either domestically or from Canada" is preposterous and wholly inaccurate. 

 

Sure Steve, alternate facts. So tell me, when was the last time you were in the middle east? Served in combat or even served? I did both, I know the region, I know the people, and I know the sectarian alignments. Regarding our resources, yes, I am correct and you are wrong, as usual. Saudi Arabia (House of Saud), ISIS, and Al Qaeda are the same, they are Salafists Wahhabists. Both groups originated from Saudi Arabia and are currently funded primarily from Saudi Arabia. What you mentioned regarding Al Qaeda seeking the overthrow of the Saudi Royal Family, well, that is not exactly true and a misrepresentation from lazy reporting. The truth is, Al Qaeda seeks the removal of US bases in Saudi Arabia and are not thrilled with the House of Saud allowing those bases but they do not seek their expulsion. This is also the reason bin Laden hated America, not for "our freedom" but because the US has military bases in the holiest of nations insofar as Islam is concerned.

http://fpif.org/u-s-empire-bases-middle-east-not-making-anyone-safer/

Now I do not mean to tax your brain Steve so my apologies but, the US imports 24% of its oil needs, we produce domestically 76%. Now, we import 40% of all imported oil from Canada and only 11% from Saudi Arabia and the rest from six other nations, all of which are in the western hemisphere. So, if you grab your trusty calculator you will find US & Canadian production of oil accounts for 87% of our consumption, Mexican & Venezuela another 11% for a total of 98% of US oil used coming from Western sources (76% Domestic, 11% Canadian, and 11% Mexico & Venezuela). Less than 2% comes from our one and only source of middle eastern oil...Saudi Arabia. Now I am sure we can get that 2% from Mexico or Canada, but again, I am only talking oil. The US still produces the vast majority of all US energy needs domestically and we have not needed middle eastern oil in over six years. Oh, and the US is also one of the worlds largest oil exporters as well, so, try and square that circle. You see, if you add up the exports, America actually produces enough domestically for its own needs but if we did that, its called nationalization and we sure can't have that now can we. Not when there is a quick buck to be made, regardless of how many millions die to keep that game of international three card monty going.

So again, please explain to me how Saudi Arabia is of ANY advantage to the US? Iran is no threat, it is a straw man used by Israel and Saudi Arabia to keep that sweet American aid money flowing and those super cool American weapons coming in as well...many of which are ending up in the hands of, you guessed it, ISIS & Al Queda. Again I wish to point out, this is not unilaterally a Trump issue, this has been going on for several administrations, my question is Trump claimed he was going to drain the swamp yet the biggest floater in the bowl is Saudi Arabia. So, when is Trump gonna flush that toilet?

Edited by IpMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Sure Steve, alternate facts. So tell me, when was the last time you were in the middle east? Served in combat or even served? I did both, I know the region, I know the people, and I know the sectarian alignments. Regarding our resources, yes, I am correct and you are wrong, as usual. Saudi Arabia (House of Saud), ISIS, and Al Qaeda are the same, they are Salafists Wahhabists. Both groups originated from Saudi Arabia and are currently funded primarily from Saudi Arabia. What you mentioned regarding Al Qaeda seeking the overthrow of the Saudi Royal Family, well, that is not exactly true and a misrepresentation from lazy reporting. The truth is, Al Qaeda seeks the removal of US bases in Saudi Arabia and are not thrilled with the House of Saud allowing those bases but they do not seek their expulsion. This is also the reason bin Laden hated America, not for "our freedom" but because the US has military bases in the holiest of nations insofar as Islam is concerned.

http://fpif.org/u-s-empire-bases-middle-east-not-making-anyone-safer/

Now I do not mean to tax your brain Steve so my apologies but, the US imports 24% of its oil needs, we produce domestically 76%. Now, we import 40% of all imported oil from Canada and only 11% from Saudi Arabia and the rest from six other nations, all of which are in the western hemisphere. So, if you grab your trusty calculator you will find US & Canadian production of oil accounts for 87% of our consumption, Mexican & Venezuela another 11% for a total of 98% of US oil used coming from Western sources (76% Domestic, 11% Canadian, and 11% Mexico & Venezuela). Less than 2% comes from our one and only source of middle eastern oil...Saudi Arabia. Now I am sure we can get that 2% from Mexico or Canada, but again, I am only talking oil. The US still produces the vast majority of all US energy needs domestically and we have not needed middle eastern oil in over six years. Oh, and the US is also one of the worlds largest oil exporters as well, so, try and square that circle. You see, if you add up the exports, America actually produces enough domestically for its own needs but if we did that, its called nationalization and we sure can't have that now can we. Not when there is a quick buck to be made, regardless of how many millions die to keep that game of international three card monty going.

So again, please explain to me how Saudi Arabia is of ANY advantage to the US? Iran is no threat, it is a straw man used by Israel and Saudi Arabia to keep that sweet American aid money flowing and those super cool American weapons coming in as well...many of which are ending up in the hands of, you guessed it, ISIS & Al Queda. Again I wish to point out, this is not unilaterally a Trump issue, this has been going on for several administrations, my question is Trump claimed he was going to drain the swamp yet the biggest floater in the bowl is Saudi Arabia. So, when is Trump gonna flush that toilet?

Not alternate facts, just facts you seem unwilling to accept, which is fine. Much as I'd like to indulge your interest in my background we have  already established here over the past 10 years this forum is frequented by a number of low-life degenerate jerks and cyber stalkers. Besides, if you label me you negate me. That said, I've been to six middle eastern countries, spending about XXXXXXXXXXXX of my life in total in that region. Of course you'll probably disbelieve me, which is fine, and perhaps suggest I'm posting from Texas or whatever, which is also fine. So I'd be more than happy to discuss Saudi Arabia with you further, but there really is no point trying to converse with a self-proclaimed Citizen of the World who already thinks he understands this topic better than I do.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/18/osama-bin-ladens-son-hamza-urges-overthrow-of-saudi-rulers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The political apprentice has officially drained the swamp and renamed it "On Goldman-Sachs Pond". 

Trump also signed a presidential memorandum that instructs the Labor Department to delay implementing an Obama-era rule that requires financial professionals who charge commissions to put their clients' best interests first when giving advice on retirement investments.  There's the company, the salesman, and you.  It's your money, your retirement investment and savings,  and he just moved you to 3rd place on the financial investment totem pole.  After all, the banking industry has had it so tough the last 8 years....borrowing from us at .5% and charging people usury rates of 20% on their credit cards.        

Nothing made me laugh more this past Holiday season than watching Wells-Fargo spending their client's money to wish us all a Merry Christmas. 

My older brother was the Chief Operating Officer at a major bank.  He got lucky....cashed out and got out two years before the crash.  During the Holidays he sincerely asked me if I knew anyone that still paid cash for gas, groceries, etc.  I said I do.  He asked why.  I told him because I get free ATM service at any 7-11, Stop & Go, or in & Out convenience store across the country.  He looked at me shocked and said, "How do you manage that" ?  Easy Bro.....it's called a credit union.....damn socialist communist institutions ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×