Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Strider   
12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The current climate is too many students in New York & California (and elsewhere) can only write with spray paint.

Whether it is with a pencil or spray paint, writing is still writing. I have seen some beautiful script and cursive writing by kids with spray paint. Not all graffiti is ugly or gang-related.

4 hours ago, cosmic_juice said:

We live in Arkansas... A very rural poor state. I've heard they may be reversing that decision but I'm not sure if they have yet.

Hes 14 and was never taught... I said even if the school doesnt teach it he should still learn cursive.

This is kind of curious to me. I mean, the schools in Arkansas still have their students write on paper for their assignments and tests, don't they? They learn to print in block letters at least, right?

It's not all done on computers or iPads, is it? If you are in a poor rural area, I would think the school wouldn't be able to afford computers/iPads for all the students.

IpMan   
2 hours ago, Strider said:

Whether it is with a pencil or spray paint, writing is still writing. I have seen some beautiful script and cursive writing by kids with spray paint. Not all graffiti is ugly or gang-related.

This is kind of curious to me. I mean, the schools in Arkansas still have their students write on paper for their assignments and tests, don't they? They learn to print in block letters at least, right?

It's not all done on computers or iPads, is it? If you are in a poor rural area, I would think the school wouldn't be able to afford computers/iPads for all the students.

I think Steve believes the teachers just give them cans of spray paint and tells them to have at it. Who needs pen and paper when you have Rust-Oleum and a wall...right Steve?

Strider   
4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm just struttin' that ass.

That is supposed to be funny? :huh:

What a surprise...more minutes wasted watching an unfunny YouTube video. Not.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

I think Steve believes the teachers just give them cans of spray paint and tells them to have at it. Who needs pen and paper when you have Rust-Oleum and a wall...right Steve?

Pretty much.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

That is supposed to be funny? :huh:

What a surprise...more minutes wasted watching an unfunny YouTube video. Not.

Walter   
16 hours ago, Strider said:

This must be a brand new development. Where is he going to school? My godson learned cursive in the 2000s and my 10 year old nephew is currently writing cursive in his school.

That's the difference between states that value education vs the south.  Whenever "state's rights" are involved, you know many are getting screwed.  Keep 'em stupid, keep 'em under control.  The kids who aren't taught cursive can't even read the Declaration of Independence or The Constitution.  Enough said....

Walter   

In 1964 LBJ said we've (Democratic Party) lost the south for a generation because of signing the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  Well over 50 years later we see he underestimated bigotry in the U.S., based on the electoral map of 2016.

IpMan   

^ If impeachment proceedings do not begin within 90 days the republicans will never recover, their party will die. Already at town hall meetings across the country, republican reps are being called on the carpet and this is only the beginning. As I said before, you gather enough pissed off snowflakes and you get an avalanche, but this time the republicans are joining in and becoming snowflakes themsleves. That is all but the hard alt-right freaks who will defend this Pennywise led clown show to the bitter end.

Fact: Trump knew what happened a good month before Flynn's resignation yet stated, on camera, he knew nothing. There is no coming back from that, his goose is cooked. I figure the FBI has info proving connections to Trumps campaign and the Russians, the only missing link is proving the whole thing was orchestrated, or at the very least approved by Trump. The likelihood of evidence coming forward within 30 days proving that link is almost a foregone conclusion.

We are looking at the first likely impeachment & conviction of a sitting President in American history. If the republicans do not lead the charge, they are finished in 2018 and I mean that BIGLY!

6 hours ago, Walter said:

image.jpeg

Dan Rather is clearly senile.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

^ If impeachment proceedings do not begin within 90 days the republicans will never recover, their party will die. Already at town hall meetings across the country, republican reps are being called on the carpet and this is only the beginning. As I said before, you gather enough pissed off snowflakes and you get an avalanche.

Hyperbole much? Well, dream on while watching snowflakes show defenseless Starbucks windows, trash cans and newspaper boxes who's boss! :rolleyes:

Oh my freakin' goodness!

A discussion about something so simple, yet so precious these days, such as a handwritten letter and the art of cursive writing, has exploded into a politically charged 'discussion'! :blink: I mean, what gives?! Does everything have to be politicized? Is there even room for a civil, non-political discussion? Or is that too much to ask??!

I mean what's next? The politicization of the 'What Are You Listening To' thread? I know that we as members of this community are entitled to discuss the numerous aspects of our lives, but I am honestly sick to death of every single, little thing having a political undertone, in this thread. It's getting old and it's getting bloody tiresome, IMO!

I thought I was exhausted thanks to a hard day at work today, but this thread exhausts me even more!! :wacko: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

4 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Oh my freakin' goodness!

A discussion about something so simple, yet so precious these days, such as a handwritten letter and the art of cursive writing, has exploded into a politically charged 'discussion'! :blink: I mean, what gives?! Does everything have to be politicized? Is even there room for a civil, non-political discussion? Or is that too much to ask??!

I mean what's next? The politicization of the 'What Are You Listening To' thread? I know that we as members of this community are entitled to discuss the numerous aspects of our lives, but I am honestly sick to death of every single, little thing having a political undertone, in this thread. It's getting old and it's getting bloody tiresome, IMO!

I thought I was exhausted thanks to a hard day at work today, but this thread exhausts me even more!! :wacko: 

:thumbsup::thanku::notworthy::bravo::drinks::you_rock:

IpMan   
7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Dan Rather is clearly senile.

Hyperbole much? Well, dream on while watching snowflakes show defenseless Starbucks windows, trash cans and newspaper boxes who's boss! :rolleyes:

I knew my post would bring out the best in you Steve. I was thinking your post would be much more vitriolic but you took the higher ground. Good for you. BTW, FWIW I do not agree with any protest which utilizes violence or destruction. The only protests which truly work are peaceful demonstrations and violence just begets violence. Even the debate over the Nazi who was punched, twice, on camera should be no debate at all. Punching a Nazi, or anyone else you do not agree with is wrong, plain and simple. You don't like what someone says, either engage in civil debate or leave.

Happy day Steve.

reswati   
33 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Oh my freakin' goodness!

A discussion about something so simple, yet so precious these days, such as a handwritten letter and the art of cursive writing, has exploded into a politically charged 'discussion'! :blink: I mean, what gives?! Does everything have to be politicized? Is there even room for a civil, non-political discussion? Or is that too much to ask??!

:thanku::goodpost::yourock:

2 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

:thumbsup::thanku::notworthy::bravo::drinks::you_rock:

2 hours ago, reswati said:

:thanku::goodpost::yourock:

Thank you, guys! :) 

I was just speaking my mind! It was my intention to try and create some sanity in this thread, for a change! 

redrum   
5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Oh my freakin' goodness!

It is all random isn't it? Maybe it should be called 'Ramblin' Thoughts.' ^_^

reswati   
30 minutes ago, redrum said:

It is all random isn't it? Maybe it should be called 'Ramblin' Thoughts.' ^_^

Maybe there should be a special thread called "Sgt. Tin Foil's Vitriol Club Band" in which all these wonderful political discussions could be held. More or less an inner sanctum for all the anonymous freedom fighters here, a place where they could be in the center of the spotlight, without being suppressed by evil leftist brigades that mercilessly suppress them day in and day out. A wonderful place to play "Spot the looney", a place full of unsung heroes, testesterone fueled endless rants, a place where one semi-orgasmically can unload one's grudges towards one another while citing all the alternative facts that need to be cut-and-pasted/shared with the cosmos. A place for the isms and schisms, the underbelly of the beast, the brown bomber, the unpolished turd brigade in typed form (I will even ad random pick a post and reply by posting some stock film of old ladies applauding once in a while, just for the sake of good will.....more or less to "give a fuck").

Edited by reswati

I don't see Conservatives yelling, just the looney left....along with smashing windows, setting fires in the streets, leaving tons of garbage in their wake, etc.........

3 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

I don't see Conservatives yelling, just the looney left....along with smashing windows, setting fires in the streets, leaving tons of garbage in their wake, etc.........

No - you're just hurling insults at the Liberals. I thought political discussions were banned on this forum. I wish it were only because it's really ridiculous that they turn into attacks at other members and not just discussing an issue.