Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

Unbelievable, you post a link which completely backs up my post and yet you claim he did not dodge the draft? Did you even read the link? Thanks Steve, I could not have proved my point better.

Show me where he dodged the draft. He obtained student deferments (perfectly legal), received a high draft number (perfectly legit) and was ultimately classified 4F (also legal). Do you even know what constitutes dodging the draft? I'll give you a hint. Essentially, it's having your draft number called and failing to report for duty. Hiding out in Canada, for example, which I'm sure you can relate to. 

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

Obama hated the military, yet he increased the defense budget. Shit, I wish some of my bosses from the past hated me that much. Also, unless you served and are currently in touch with active military it is best you refrain from making unsubstantiated claims. Let me help you out though on completely substantiated claims. I never served with anyone during peacetime who ave a single shit about Presidential policies and the military, however I will admit I was an enlisted man and not an officer so it could be different in the officer ranks. Now during wartime or a military action, pretty much everyone hates the President except for that handful of super-freaks in every squad who just likes to "get some." They don't care if he is republican or democrat, they don't care if he cancelled some exotic weapons program or endorsed it. They only have one thought, this is the asshole who may get me and my buddies killed. 

People  are even so dense as to think our Special Ops guys are all 100% gung ho and never question orders. Not true at all, in fact special ops teams are more likely to question orders and operational objectives and they do this for obvious reasons. In the end if they are ordered they go but I know two ex-Navy Seals and several Marine Recon guys who would have serious disagreements with your claims. When in the field you only care about completing the mission and getting back alive, and if that mission is FUBAR due to poor planning or an objective which is aimed at something other than an honest, strategic target, those boys have PLENTY to say.

BTW anyone in the military will likely take umbrage with Trumps assertion that our current military is a "disaster." It is not a disaster, in fact it is the most powerful military force on the planet by a massive factor. If every nation on earth stood against the US in a straight up, old timey WWII style battle we would beat the shit out of them in a matter of days. We have the best equipment (except for that F-35 turd), the largest navy, larger than ALL other navies on the planet combined, and a strategic bomber wing which makes Russias fleet look like WWII era surplus. Yet Trump believes that to be a disaster? BS, Trump is just cozying up to the corporate interests to up the defense budget so the military contractors can make more money off of blood.

Only in America can we have the most advanced, most powerful military in the world and yet have a leader claiming the opposite. Even if we slashed our defense budget by 50% we would still outspend Russia & China combined.

I believe you in most points, but beating the Russians and Chinese in a few days is a bit much. :)

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

If every nation on earth stood against the US in a straight up, old timey WWII style battle we would beat the shit out of them in a matter of days. 

This national security assessment is a laughable. You should stick to topics that you have a remote clue about. 

Taking out the riff raff.

^^^^^^^^Lol, you posted this in the movie section as well^^^^^^^^

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Show me where he dodged the draft. He obtained student deferments (perfectly legal), received a high draft number (perfectly legit) and was ultimately classified 4F (also legal). Do you even know what constitutes dodging the draft? I'll give you a hint. Essentially, it's having your draft number called and failing to report for duty. Hiding out in Canada, for example, which I'm sure you can relate to. 

Sorry Steve but the article points out Trump did not have a high draft number, that was a lie. He was classified 4f due to "foot problems" yet he was deemed good to go in his initial exam. So yes, his daddy pulling strings is in fact dodging the draft. Trump is a coward, plain and simple.

And unlike you, I served my country so no, I never hid out in Canada, I put my life on the line...what did you do?

6 hours ago, redrum said:

I believe you in most points, but beating the Russians and Chinese in a few days is a bit much. :)

The A-10's would completely decimate Russian and Chinese armor, that is what the plane was designed for and there has never been a better close air support aircraft made, period. The damn plane is virtually invincible in the air, heat seeking missiles cannot lock onto it, and AAA can only knock it around a bit. I remember these things coming back from sorties During Desert Storm with half a wing shot off, a missing engine, and 20mm rounds everywhere yet the pilot was safe and sound and the plane came in and landed perfectly.

We have a very special battlefield barrage system (well, TBH the French developed it) that will take out entire battalions with one volley. 

Don't even get me started on the Navy, a single aircraft carrier group could easily take out the entirety of both the Russian and Chinese Navies without nigh a sweat.

So, there you go. That is why I said WWII style battle. Also, this would be a conventional war scenario. Russia is aware we would kick the living shit out of them easily, that is why they deployed that ultra high tech nuclear cruise missile. They have no adequate conventional defenses to match ours so they are willing to use tactical nukes to level the playing field as they believe we would not respond in like.

The US increasing its military budget is akin to Imelda Marcos increasing her shoe budget.

7 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

This forum has become an ugly, boring embarrassment. 

The forum or the thread?

I am as much to blame as anyone else. I feel like Michael Corleone in Godfather III. "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in."

Ok, new random thought. So, does anyone like puppies? I like puppies. Question, is it ok to get an adult dog stoned yet bad to toke up a puppy? If so what is the age limit? Does medical marijuana use extend to dogs? If so, how do they smoke since they have no opposable thumbs???

This shit is important people so I hope you kale this seriously. After all, my dog is seriously jonesing and hoping for positive feedback as I am withholding the chronic until I a assured I am not being a bad fur baby parent or something. I mean, I don't want this dog to be blowing other dogs in an ally to score some H or whatever down the line. I get so confused.

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

Sorry Steve but the article points out Trump did not have a high draft number, that was a lie. He was classified 4f due to "foot problems" yet he was deemed good to go in his initial exam. So yes, his daddy pulling strings is in fact dodging the draft. Trump is a coward, plain and simple.

And unlike you, I served my country so no, I never hid out in Canada, I put my life on the line...what did you do?

Once again we see IpMan lives by his assumptions about Donald, myself, and others.   

21 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Once again we see IpMan lives by his assumptions about Donald, myself, and others.   

No assumption, I asked you a simple question. Did you serve in the military? Have you served your country in another capacity?

4 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I agree completely.  I am tired of seeing the "I hate Trump" etc... nonsense.  If those that hate him so much and are American citizens, there is an easy answer.  LEAVE and move to another, any other country.  This goes for a lot of people that post on this topic, they know who they are.  Get the Fuck out of My Country if you are so pathetic and do not agree with "OUR" President.  I stand with the United States of America, regardless of who my President is. 

On a side note, I live within 10 miles of former President George W. Bush.  How many "real" Americans can say that they live so close to a live, living former President?

5 hours ago, IpMan said:

The US increasing its military budget is akin to Imelda Marcos increasing her shoe budget.

Problem is we spend way too much defending the free world.  Let those other countries pony up for their own military defenses and stop relying on us to be the world's policeman.  

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

No assumption, I asked you a simple question. Did you serve in the military? Have you served your country in another capacity?

You made multiple assumptions. I don't discuss my background here. For one thing, it's none of your business. For another, I don't come here to discuss myself, and I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Finally, if you label me you negate me.  

2 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Problem is we spend way too much defending the free world.  Let those other countries pony up for their own military defenses and stop relying on us to be the world's policeman.  

The world policemen thing, I think that's self appointed, and very profitable to the US government too.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I couldn't agree more. All the racists, bigots, snow flake and anti-snow flake folk (whatever the fuck these terms mean!!) seem to be out in full force. Disagree with their views, abuse shall be hurled at you! How bloody fantastic! All this is nothing but petty shouting matches and baiting. It's a shame what our community has morphed into, Julie! Personally, I don't have any political affiliations (thank goodness for that, because I honestly don't have the stomach for it!!). All I and a few good folk (like you and Res, for instance) want is a forum in every sense of the word, namely a civilized place where anything can be discussed, while maintaining a basic sense of decorum and courtesy. There is a fine line between debating and hurling abuse. What pains me most of all, is this: why the bloody hell should the actions of some posters who obviously can't stand to have a civilized conversation, threaten the sanctity of a forum such as this one? It just isn't fair!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, IpMan said:

I am as much to blame as anyone else. I feel like Michael Corleone in Godfather III. "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in."

Ok, new random thought. So, does anyone like puppies? I like puppies. Question, is it ok to get an adult dog stoned yet bad to toke up a puppy? If so what is the age limit? Does medical marijuana use extend to dogs? If so, how do they smoke since they have no opposable thumbs???

This shit is important people so I hope you kale this seriously. After all, my dog is seriously jonesing and hoping for positive feedback as I am withholding the chronic until I a assured I am not being a bad fur baby parent or something. I mean, I don't want this dog to be blowing other dogs in an ally to score some H or whatever down the line. I get so confused.

Personally I think that if a dog would like to get stoned, he should purchase his drugs at a coffeeshop (Or her drugs, in case of the dog being a bitch).

index.jpg

Edited by reswati

Posted (edited)

As far as the endless discussion regarding the plotical situation of the USA on a forum dedicated to a band from the UK:

Im my opinion this comes close to people obsessed with anal sex discussing that matter to death on a forum dedicated to romantic candle dinners.

Edited by reswati

Just now, reswati said:

Im my opinion this comes close to people obsessed with anal sex discussing that matter to death on a forum dedicated to romantic candle dinners.

Pedophilia, drugs, anal sex...once again reswati shares with us his degenerate and homosexual fixations, 

LLLLLLLLLLLL.jpg 

Posted (edited)

I just "anal-ized" a random comment here to give people a clue as to what I mean with my last posting:

I agree completely.  I am tired of seeing the "I hate anal sex" etc... nonsense.  If those that hate flowers so much and aren't anal sex lovers, there is an easy answer.  LEAVE and move to another, any other country.  This goes for a lot of people that post on this topic, they know who they are.  Get the Fuck out of My Country if you are so pathetic and do not agree with anal sex.  I stand with the anal sex, regardless of who my partner is. 

Edited by reswati

5 minutes ago, reswati said:

I stand with the anal sex, regardless of who my partner is. 

I'll bet you do. 

Although it kicks off on this thread, My worst one is, The do any bands rival Led Zep thread. Maybe that is because i have not joined in with this one.

Might my reply conjure up homophobic replies.................I shall report you to the moderators, no matter who you are :rolleyes: