Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

44 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Mustard doesn't belong on a hot dog 

Mrs Walter would call the blasphemy! :lol:

I put a strip of mustard on one side of the bun and a strip of ketchup on the other.  Hamburger, no way!

I'm still alive and still listening to my FAVOURITE band B)

Posted (edited)

I haven't seen Aerosmith in years, but they are going to do a free concert in Phoenix April 2nd. Free, that has my name written all over it!! They have some good classic rock songs. And if anyone on this board who lives in the area (and still goes to concerts. Yes, you!) wants to meet up at the concert PM me.  http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/chainsmokers-macklemore-and-aerosmith-to-play-march-madness-music-festival-at-hance-park-9149509

Edited by luvlz2

I could never get into Aerosmith, not sure why, they seem to have a lot of good elements. Sometimes I can't tell if they're trying to be the Stones or Zeppelin. Then they went all glammy/big hair. Should be a good Phoenix show.

I give Aerosmith a lot of credit for still being able to put on a great show and for being able to keep the original line-up after all these years (despite the little hiccup they had in the early '80's).

Aerosmith are so-so for me. Some great tracks. More average ones. And a few that are rubbish. I have quite a few of their cd albums. Some are just gathering dust tbh.

LOVED Aerosmith's early stuff.  I haven't bought anything after "Draw the Line".

Who is the Queen Bee of Them All? 

Copyright Canada Free Press

Total Personal Staff members for US First ladies

Mamie Eisenhower:  One - paid for personally, out of President's salary.

Total number of Personal Staff Members paid by Tax Payers

Jackie Kennedy:               One

Lady Bird Johnson:         One

Pat Nixon:                      One

Betty Ford:                     One

Rosaline Carter:               One

Barbara Bush:                 One

Hilary Clinton:                 Seven

Laura Bush:                    One

Michele Obama:              Twenty-two

Yep….your eyes don’t deceive you. You want to read WASTE? ....Scroll on down.

Michele Obama's personal staff: Take a closer look

One..              $192,200 - Sher, Susan  (Chief Of Staff)

Two..              $160,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C.  (Director of Policy And Projects)

Three..            $133,000 - Rogers, Desiree G.  (White House Social Secretary)

Four..             $122,000 - Johnston, Camille Y.  (Director of Communications)

Five..              $120,000 - Winter, Melissa  (Deputy Chief Of Staff)

Six..               $110,000 - Medina , David S.  (Deputy Chief Of Staff)

Seven..           $104,000 - Lilyveld, Catherine M.  (Director and Press Secretary)

Eight..             $  95,000 - Starkey, Frances M.  (Director of Scheduling and Advance)

Nine..             $  90,000 - Sanders, Trooper  (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects)

Ten..               $  85,000 - Burnough, Erinn  (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

Eleven..          $  84,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B.  (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

Twelve..          $  82,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R.  (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator)

Thirteen..        $  80,000 - Fitz, Alan O.  (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director)

Fourteen..       $  77,500 - Lewis, Dana M.  (Special Assistant and Personal Aide)

Fifteen..          $  72,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M.  (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary)

Sixteen..         $  70,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E.  (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide)

Seventeen..       $  65,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A.  (Associate Director of Correspondence)

Eighteen..        $  63,000 - Tubman, Samantha A.  (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)

Nineteen..       $  60,000 - Boswell, Joseph J.  (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff)

Twenty..         $  56,000 - Armbruster, Sally M.  (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)

Twenty-One..       $  55,000 - Bookey, Natalie  (Staff Assistant)

Twenty-Two..       $  55,000 - Jackson, Deilia A.  (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence)

That’s a Total...$2,075,200 in annual salaries - all for someone we did not vote for and apparently have no control over 

5 staff are Muslim and 13 African-American.

There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. 

This does not include:

"Makeup artist"   Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49,

"First Hairstylist"   Johnny Wright, 31,

Both of whom travelled aboard Air Force One on ALL Trips, Europe included.

As of 11/15/2015 the Obama Family has spent over $1,300,000,000 (one billion, three hundred million dollars) on personal family trips. They were personal, not political or Government related.

How things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at WalMart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of "Ms. Michelle" are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by YOU.

Yes…… The Canadian Free Press had to publish this, perhaps because America no longer has a free press and the USA media is afraid that they might be considered racist.

Lucky you!  Still Friday morning here and still at work!  Friday night is my FAVORITE time of the week!

Saturday and Sunday for me. Of course for all the Sport. Sunday night, I am free from all the family. And i visit my friends and use the sunbed. Feels like pure heaven. Worst day is on the whole, Wednesday or Thursday. Some Wednesdays are good because of football. I do not mind Mondays. I am refreshed then.

27 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Lucky you!  Still Friday morning here and still at work!  Friday night is my FAVORITE time of the week!

Mine too! I feel for you. I got off work around 5 hours ago, at 7 PM. You must be wondering why on earth the day can't go any faster, right? 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, craigled said:

Saturday and Sunday for me. Of course for all the Sport. Sunday night, I am free from all the family. And i visit my friends and use the sunbed. Feels like pure heaven. Worst day is on the whole, Wednesday or Thursday. Some Wednesdays are good because of football. I do not mind Mondays. I am refreshed then.

I enjoy Friday and Saturday, the most. I am free to do whatever I want, a lot of the time (I've had to work on some Saturdays and even Sundays! Sheesh!). I can spend time with family, read a good book, watch a great game on TV (be it Cricket or Soccer), spend time alone (away from all the craziness during the week), listen to music, sleep-in, etc. Sunday is when my excitement dies down, a bit. Mondays are OK. By the time Thursday rolls around, I think "Wow! The week just goes on and on and on!". 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

23 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Mine too! I feel for you. I got off work around 5 hours ago, at 7 PM. You must be wondering why on earth the day can't go any faster, right? 

I find myself glancing at the clock every 10 minutes!

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

As of 11/15/2015 the Obama Family has spent over $1,300,000,000 (one billion, three hundred million dollars) on personal family trips. They were personal, not political or Government related.

I've never heard Scott Pelley and the gang report on this.  (At this very moment others are digging up Republican spending. That's fine. They're all pigs at the trough).

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Who is the Queen Bee of Them All? 

Total Personal Staff members for US First ladies

Mamie Eisenhower:  One - paid for personally, out of President's salary.

Total number of Personal Staff Members paid by Tax Payers

Jackie Kennedy:               One

Lady Bird Johnson:         One

Pat Nixon:                      One

Betty Ford:                     One

Rosaline Carter:               One

Barbara Bush:                 One

Hilary Clinton:                 Seven

Laura Bush:                    One

Michele Obama:              Twenty-two

Yep….your eyes don’t deceive you. You want to read WASTE? ....Scroll on down.

Michele Obama's personal staff: Take a closer look

One..              $192,200 - Sher, Susan  (Chief Of Staff)

Two..              $160,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C.  (Director of Policy And Projects)

Three..            $133,000 - Rogers, Desiree G.  (White House Social Secretary)

Four..             $122,000 - Johnston, Camille Y.  (Director of Communications)

Five..              $120,000 - Winter, Melissa  (Deputy Chief Of Staff)

Six..               $110,000 - Medina , David S.  (Deputy Chief Of Staff)

Seven..           $104,000 - Lilyveld, Catherine M.  (Director and Press Secretary)

Eight..             $  95,000 - Starkey, Frances M.  (Director of Scheduling and Advance)

Nine..             $  90,000 - Sanders, Trooper  (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects)

Ten..               $  85,000 - Burnough, Erinn  (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

Eleven..          $  84,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B.  (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

Twelve..          $  82,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R.  (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator)

Thirteen..        $  80,000 - Fitz, Alan O.  (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director)

Fourteen..       $  77,500 - Lewis, Dana M.  (Special Assistant and Personal Aide)

Fifteen..          $  72,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M.  (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary)

Sixteen..         $  70,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E.  (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide)

Seventeen..       $  65,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A.  (Associate Director of Correspondence)

Eighteen..        $  63,000 - Tubman, Samantha A.  (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)

Nineteen..       $  60,000 - Boswell, Joseph J.  (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff)

Twenty..         $  56,000 - Armbruster, Sally M.  (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)

Twenty-One..       $  55,000 - Bookey, Natalie  (Staff Assistant)

Twenty-Two..       $  55,000 - Jackson, Deilia A.  (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence)

That’s a Total...$2,075,200 in annual salaries - all for someone we did not vote for and apparently have no control over 

5 staff are Muslim and 13 African-American.

There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. 

This does not include:

"Makeup artist"   Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49,

"First Hairstylist"   Johnny Wright, 31,

Both of whom travelled aboard Air Force One on ALL Trips, Europe included.

How things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at WalMart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of "Ms. Michelle" are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by YOU.

Yes…… The Canadian Free Press had to publish this, perhaps because America no longer has a free press and the USA media is afraid that they might be considered racist.

Um, sorry to ruin your day but this is not only bullshit, but it's rather old bullshit:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/firstlady.asp

On 10/03/2017 at 0:44 PM, ledded1 said:

I'm still alive and still listening to my FAVOURITE band B)

An honourable pastime ☺

Goodbye One Hour of 2017. Yep...it's time to Spring Forward and turn your clocks one-hour ahead. That is, if you live in the U.S. and other countries that have Daylight Savings Time.

On 3/11/2017 at 2:59 AM, redrum said:

:wacko:

Thank you Snopes. Too much good food, music, art, beauty , natural splendor in this world to waste time with this bullshit. Life is too short to fixate on this garbage. 

Time to "spring ahead" apparently, as it's now 5:30 instead of 4:30. These time switches can be a pain sometimes...

<_<

On 3/9/2017 at 1:57 AM, IpMan said:

If we are going to discuss controversial topics, can we not do so in a civil manner? No more personal insults, no more degradation, no more belittling. In fact, I suggest a simple point, counter point in relation to these topics. If you feel the need to insult, edit your response before posting, or simply don't post. I myself have been guilty of this and make this pledge to adhere to the Oxford Debating Team charter. If anyone insults, demeans, or degrades another or another's viewpoint, they have automatically lost both the debate on that subject, and any credibility.

How does that sound? What do you al think?

It's always the shit bags who complain the loudest that things stink. Apollo Creed said it best when he said, "Don't be a stinker, be a thinker". 

On 3/9/2017 at 10:57 AM, Walter said:

Chance?  The bar has been lowered so far for him during the primaries, general election, and now in his presidency it's absurd.  He is a disgrace with the way he's conducted himself.  Tick, tick, tick....his time is running short.

Tick, tick, tick...FFS...I've been hearing that (or similar) for nearly two years. Whatever gets you through the night Under dis Dress.

On 3/9/2017 at 1:27 PM, slave to zep said:

I knew that would get him, it totally went straight over his head, ( like it does with most Americans). 

They really think their way is the way  so often.

^^^ this from someone who didn't grasp "shut up and color". Now I'm "an American". Like I said, once you label me you negate me.