Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

redrum   
22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Nothing like air conditioning on a hot, spring day...

One foot in Hades at Death Valley.

DEATH VALLEY THERMOMETER.jpg

Strider   
19 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I take it you're stoned then? 

I wish. It'd make these FBI hearings more fun.

Suspected Terrorist attack in London. Reports of a vehicle mounting the pavement knocking people down and gunfire at the Houses of Parliament.

Strider   
2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Suspected Terrorist attack in London. Reports of a vehicle mounting the pavement knocking people down and gunfire at the Houses of Parliament.

??

11 minutes ago, Strider said:

??

Total lockdown. Our corner shop has closed early and the Chippy is searching bags before entering. Madness. Even the sheep are lying low

Strider   
Just now, chillumpuffer said:

Total lockdown. Our corner shop has closed early and the Chippy is searching bags before entering. Madness. Even the sheep are lying low

I love England and always will...so many fond memories of my travels there. So it pains my heart whenever bad shit happens to our friends across the Pond. Sending thoughts and fervent hopes to everyone in London.

4 dead including the cop and assailant, 20 people injured (as of right now). It's sad that I'm honestly not that surprised when these attacks happen anymore. They seem to be increasing in frequency with each passing year. My heart goes out to all in London as well!

JTM   
2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Thoughts and prayers to our friends across the pond in light of the recent tragedy there!  Stay safe! 

Thanks,  Sincere condolences to the families of the dead an injured. Thankfully they got the nut job who did it. There is not a lot that can be done to prevent this type of random act of horror so there is no point in worrying about them. There will always be brainwashed individuals ready and willing to give their lives to some sort of twisted ideology that makes them go out to commit these sort of atrocities, life has to go on the more barriers that get put up the more these fuck heads win.

Edited by JTM

ledded1   

My son daughter in law and grandson live in London but thankfully they are not near to westminster and were safe. But London is going to be and anxious city for a while.

IpMan   

A person must be in a very desperate and dark place to even consider doing such a heinous act. The fact that some jackass twists religion or nationalism (take your pick) to turn a human into a weapon is disgusting. I do not believe in hell but I do believe in karma and I believe those Imams, national leaders, etc have a special karmic penalty reserved just for them to balance out the scales.

I know some people will think I am going al kumbya but, the fact is 99.9+% of the worlds population just wants to live and let live. Find a partner, raise some kids and watch them grow. Give back to nature what they take and help their fellow human being. It is always the 0.1% that always fucks it up for everyone else. I would even hazard to speculate that if you took a die hard fundamentalist away from the heard, gave him a rock, and said, "this man here is an infidel...kill him," without his group to back him up he would drop the rock and walk away. 

It is always the hysteria of the group which begets an evil life of its own. You take even the most extreme of individuals and force them to confront, alone, the realities of life and you will see how quickly compassion and understanding triumphs over hate.

Walter   
On 3/22/2017 at 11:19 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Very sad act in London yesterday.  Condolences to the deceased, injured, and anyone who is effected by this terrorist attack.  Glad the scum was taken out before doing anymore damage.

Condolances to friends and family of Timothy Caughman, who was stabbed to death in a terrorist attack by a white supremacist who traveled from Baltimore to Manhattan for the sole purpose of killing anyone who was black.   No mention of that from our prez.... Substitute white supremacist with Muslim or undocumented immigrant and it'd be a whole different story. 

redrum   
1 minute ago, ZepHead315 said:

Well...that didn't take long for Sam's reminder to get lost in the shuffle.

:lol:

luvlz2   

You go into a restaurant and instead of having conversation, everybody is staring into their cellphones tapping away. People don't pay attention where they are walking because they are too distracted by their cell phone. Or they hold up the line at the grocery store because they are too distracted on their cell phone.  It seems like with each new generation it is getting just worse.

Edited by luvlz2

IpMan   

^ This, we are living in a virtual world...a pale shadow of what once was.

8 hours ago, Walter said:

If you come out of the bubble, not so much.  I bet you really hated the commies and Russia until...  You should stand behind your principles and not your party, my fellow American.

1966-Russians-are-Coming-The...-03.jpg

redrum   
4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

There is something so damn magical about watching a Led Zeppelin concert DVD, over a pint on a Saturday night!! :D 

Bonham and his drag racer. :)

Walter   
On 3/23/2017 at 4:37 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Well...that didn't take long for Sam's reminder to get lost in the shuffle.

Glad we've got Paul Revere riding through....

Keep on riding!