Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

11,466 posts in this topic

Four day weekend!!!

Posted (edited)

SCOTUS Chief Justice John Roberts at his son's graduation address, words to live by:

IMG_1228.JPG

Edited by Walter

Hmmm...today I learnt of the existence of a very interesting internet acronym: AYFKM, which apparently stands for 'Are You Fuckin' Kidding Me?' :P 

'Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen!'-------Homer Simpson

Pondering Solipsism...you and this forum are all simply constructs of my consciousness. Of course I prefer the Buddhist take that we are all interconnected, there is no one individual and we are all simply fragments, extensions and attributes of the Universal Mind, the Godhead.

I really need to put down the weed

Got rid of satellite radio in my truck today.  No service or value complaints.  I just don't put on any miles anymore.  Only 4,400 miles in 8 months.  I used to be a 20,000 mile a year mile guy no problem.  Looks like I'm back to the AM radio hog report during vacations.  Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

I really need to put down the weed   

I just picked up what was left of last night's roll.....now I'm going to rock it !

Was watching the news last night and there was a story about a babysitting outfit that was cheating people out of their money. They talked with one woman who was cheated in San Francisco and they showed her address on a letter:

4112 22nd St.

I used to live in that house in the late 70's.

Very bizarre to see that.

which if any wouldn't or couldn't uphold the realms of deep depths of  inner shit you`ve not worked out becomes GOD SIZE!!!!! ooh fucking shit

The next hotel receptionist who replies "It'll be emailed to you by booking.com" after I clearly state "Checkout please, with a printed receipt" is getting punched in the throat regardless of gender or size.

Posted (edited)

On 6/24/2017 at 4:21 PM, JTM said:

I'm watching the Foo Fighters live at Glastonbury, I don't get them at all  what is the attraction.....

Ditto. It seems to me to be much ado about nothing. I can't imagine being into the Foo Fighters, at any age.

Edited by The Rover

On 7/24/2017 at 4:46 PM, The Rover said:

Ditto. It seems to me to be much ado about nothing. I can't imagine being into the Foo Fighters, at any age.

+1. Awful band, can't stand Grohl's voice. Cool guy, though.

Posted (edited)

I love The Foo Fighters, especially their earlier albums. 

Music taste itself, is a very subjective thing.

For instance, Primus is just OK for me. I don't get it. I tried but I didn't like the music. Does that in any way indicate that they are a bad band? Well, I can't say that they suck, as there are other folks who happen to love their music. Again, it's all subjective. 

What sounds good to some people, might not necessarily go down well, with others. Just a thought. 

Les Claypool though, is a terrific bassist. :)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

2 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

For instance, Primus is just OK for me. I don't get it. I tried but I didn't like the music. Does that in any way indicate that they are a bad band? Well, I can't say that they suck, as there are other folks who happen to love their music. Again, it's all subjective. 

What sounds good to some people, might not necessarily go down well, with others. Just a thought. 

Agree with everything you said there. Love the Foos first 4 discs! Great in concert too. 

14 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

broken-heart-58cce87d93d653028d246102-g.:'(

On 7/24/2017 at 9:46 PM, The Rover said:

That one they do "The Best", absolutely dreadful, Oh and "Hero" whatever it's called, awful.. Each to their own not my bag at all...

It must be hard work hiring an firing, being diverted from the real work. Winging it won't work forever..

28 minutes ago, JTM said:

It must be hard work hiring an firing, being diverted from the real work. Winging it won't work forever..

Work smarter not harder 

9 hours ago, JTM said:

It will if you get nothing done and allow what has already been put in place to continue as it has been.... ;) 

PM'd my bro Craigled awhile back and haven't heard from him, hope he's ok.

2 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

PM'd my bro Craigled awhile back and haven't heard from him, hope he's ok.

It's funny how people roll in here hot n heavy for a short amount of time and then just disappear into thin air. I also hope he is well. 

Told him not to go on a sun bed ! He will appear in the football season unless he is spending time at Her Majesties pleasure?

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, Walter said:

It's funny how people roll in here hot n heavy for a short amount of time and then just disappear into thin air. I also hope he is well. 

It is funny Walter, I got along with Craigled and another chap on here I'd wish they'd let back is Reswati, he is a cool dude.

A public service announcement for Tokyo's taxi drivers...I'll stop standing with my hazards on in train station taxi stands when you stop dropping passengers off wherever you wish and then swerve without warning into the middle of every goddamn street.

Smh. Just when you think he's hit rock bottom...then a couple of hours pass and that cellar is busted open again.

Edited by Walter